Windscreen Replacement

keithkarmann

I can recommend the place on the route 118 (Doi Saket/Chiang Rai road) at about km 6, just past the new LPG station. Sorry, don't have their name. You usually see buses there being painted.

They not only fit windscreens and any other glass you need, they get any sort of curved glass made specially (in Bkk) for older and rarer vehicles. At around 10,000b including fitting for this service, it's not a rip-off.

But I couldn't recommend their painting. It's for buses only!

I can recommend the place on the route 118 (Doi Saket/Chiang Rai road) at about km 6, just past the new LPG station. Sorry, don't have their name. You usually see buses there being painted.

They not only fit windscreens and any other glass you need, they get any sort of curved glass made specially (in Bkk) for older and rarer vehicles. At around 10,000b including fitting for this service, it's not a rip-off.

Thanks for the info but I have found a more convenient place and cheaper as well.I have been quoted 2500 Bahts for a replacement front windscreen for my Honda Civic. It is located on the Super Highway, go past Macro as far as the Big C,do a "U" turn at Big C, back onto the Super Highway and the windscreen shop is located about half a km on the left hand side.

Owner speaks a bit of English.

Keithkarmann

Thanks for the info but I have found a more convenient place and cheaper as well.I have been quoted 2500 Bahts for a replacement front windscreen for my Honda Civic. It is located on the Super Highway, go past Macro as far as the Big C,do a "U" turn at Big C, back onto the Super Highway and the windscreen shop is located about half a km on the left hand side.

Owner speaks a bit of English.

Keithkarmann

Well done. It certainly should be cheaper for such a commonplace modern vehicle. The figure I quoted was for custom-making a slightly curved screen to fit a 53 year old American truck, one of only 2 in Thailand. Which made mine excellent value!