Ais Air Card

NALAK

i recently purchased Ais air card, was on CAT cdma in Samui but no coverage in Pattaya. the air car speeds are between 1-10 kb painfully slow, when i log on always comes up with message you are connected at 238.6 kb but meter show only 10 at best. they obviously got something in the dongle that makes it show 238.6 as its below 10% of that. show good signal strenghth anybody have same problem or any suggestions before it hits the bin.

First of all your Edge tops out at 238 kbps (kilo bits per second).

That is best case scenario with full signal strength and not too much load on the local cell tower you are connected to.

Low signal strength greatly reduces maximum speed, as does high voice or data traffic on the mobile phone network.

I'm assuming your download speeds are between 1 and 10 kBps (kilo bytes per second), which is the equivalent of between 8 and 80 kbps. Which is indeed rather slow.

One solution might be to try a simcard from Dtac. Some area's Dtac outperforms AIS and other area's it's the other way around.

Recently (in Pattaya) I'm getting over 20 kBps (160 kbps) steady on AIS, but Dtac is struggling at between 3 and 10 kBps!