Pattaya To Buriram (easiest Way)?

Harley62

Forgive the "simple-ness" of the question, but I assume there are direct buses from Pattaya to Buriram? From which station do they leave (location, please), and are they slower than a similar bus would travel from BKK (to Buriram)?

I guess I'm trying to determine if there is ANY "advantage" in going to BKK first (other than perhaps more frequency of buses?), and then onward to Buriram. I believe there are trains from BKK to Buriram (no trains from Pattaya to Buriram) but I am interested in buses only at this point.

Appreciate any advice or suggestions....

HB

If you go to Bangkok first then you will be adding hours to your journey, no need.

Go to the bus station and ask.

I cannot say for certain that there is a direct bus to Buriram because I have had no need to ask. But I have used the bus direct from Pattaya to Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima) which is only a short way from Buriram and if need be there are hundreds of buses travel from Korat to Buriram.

I hope this helps answer your question.

HL :)

By Bus

There are a number of ordinary and air-conditioned buses running from Mo-chit bus terminal (Bangkok) and Buriram. There are a number of different bus companies running buses to and from Bangkok, ranging from 250 baht to 325 baht single, depending on which bus company you decide to go with. There is also a service to and from Pattaya which uses a double-decker Scandia modern air-conditioned bus which is first-class. You can’t miss it because it is bright yellow in colour.

One of the most popular bus company is NCA (Nakhon Chai Air):

NCA:http://www.nca.co.th/index.php

The above site is in Thai so you will need your lady to help you.

There is an English language button but when i hit it, it stayed in Thai.

The bus station location is south of Pattaya Klang (Central) on the south bound side of the Sukhumvit road.

There are direct busses to Burriram and they leave from one of the Servos along Sukumvhit Rd, but i am not too sure which one from memory. There is one that leaves evening . Ask any of the girls in the Bars and u will surely find one from Buriram who will know.

Yes NCA go direct to Buriram. They leave at something like 19:30/20:30/21:30/22:30 or similar and arrive in the early morning after taking one stop where you are given a crappy meal if you want it. Get the best VIP ticket for about Bt430 each way. Book in advance. Travel agents will do it for you for about a Bt100 premium. Seats are 8 rows of 2*2 so 32 seats in total. Fully reclining and have blankets but do not wear shorts ! They might do day services but too hot. Takes about 6 hours.

The NCA bus terminal is the one on the east side of Suk just south of the SUK-Pattaya Klang intersection. What I see on the site says there is a direct bus everyday from Pattaya to Buriram everday.

As already said ask any Issan girl and she will most likely know the times. But a trip to the terminal will get the info you need for sure as well as a printed schedule

Thank you all for your collective help...Indeed I did go to the Bus Station on Sukhumvit, south of Pattaya Klang. Technically, there was no actual listing TO Buriram, but one of the routes goes through Buriram on the way, so I'll be on the Nakonchai VIP bus, cost was THB 405, trip time (Pattaya-Buriram) estimated at 6.5 hours.

Hope that helps somebody in the future.