Bus Pattaya - Koh Chang

msto1004

I know of Bus 999,which goes from eastern bus terminal thrice a day to K.Chang pier and stops at the airport(and vice-versa)

That bus doesn't stop in Pattaya(different route)

You might try to go to the bus-stop at the airport,there should be some minibuses which go to Pattaya,but not sure.

Do you want to go to Pattaya from Bangkok or Koh Chang?

Assuming you’re in Pattaya then there are plenty of daily tour buses going to Koh Chang, just go into any travel shop and ask for details.

Also check the bus station on Pattaya north road as a bus might go to Koh Chang from there.

Most tour bus fees include the ferry.

I was down in Koh Chang just last week. Well worth a visit. Every kind of accommodation from backpacker to luxury. Stay in the White Sands Beach area because that's where the bars and restaurants are and explore the island from there. Not as developed as everyone says.

Bring some form of prayer beads because the road on Koh Chang will surely give you religion.

On the way back found a buddhist monastery called Wat Khao Sukhim (photos), about 20km this side of Chanthaburi and to the north of highway 3. They have an amazing collection of stuff in the main hall. You could spend all day mooching around it.

(PS, they also have thieving highway police down in Chanthaburi district - TAT note!)

post-70418-1266728557_thumb.jpg

post-70418-1266728627_thumb.jpg

I saw a large bus, not a minibus, on the ferry with Suvanabhumi - Koh Chang written on the side. Even if you cross over on foot, there's only one road on the island and a fairly good baht bus service around it. If you've booked accommodation in advance the resort will likely send someone to pick you up.