5 Days To The 12th Of Never, Perhaps.

cmdream

Local radio, according to my neighbour, has been full of people phoning in and and making claims to encourage people to join the rally. Two examples: "Thaksin will give everyone who attends the rallys in BKK a loan of 150,000 baht when he returns to power", "he will equally divide his remaining 30 billion baht fortune with the people who attend the rally". Two doors from me is the holiday house of one of Sondi's (the yellow shirt) lieutenants at ASTV. He arrived yesterday which is unusual. I guess he wants to avoid the coming conflict in BKK.

Edited by Loaded

Local radio, according to my neighbour, has been full of people phoning in and and making claims to encourage people to join the rally. Two examples: "Thaksin will give everyone who attends the rallys in BKK a loan of 150,000 baht when he returns to power", "he will equally divide his remaining 30 billion baht fortune with the people who attend the rally". Two doors from me is the holiday house of one of Sondi's (the yellow shirt) lieutenants at ASTV. He arrived yesterday which is unusual. I guess he wants to avoid the coming conflict in BKK.

I'm sold !!! I just got over my paranoia. Leaving for Bangkok today will get my chit for 150K and head for Soi Cowboy. Lets rally round the pole, dancers that is.

I'll join you there Friday. :) I'll be the yellow buffalo with a smile on his face.

Then on Saturday I'll wear the ol' Farmer's shirt to check out Sanam Luang if indications are that it's feasible to get there (river boat possibly).

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I'll join you there Friday. :) I'll be the yellow buffalo with a smile on his face.

Then on Saturday I'll wear the ol' Farmer's shirt to check out Sanam Luang if indications are that it's feasible to get there (river boat possibly).

I hear beer Chang ladies will be at the park with freebees for guys in farmers shirts. Do you think my farmer shirt from Abercrombie will get me in?

I hear beer Chang ladies will be at the park with freebees for guys in farmers shirts. Do you think my farmer shirt from Abercrombie will get me in?

let's hope for a happy ending :D

I'll join you there Friday. :D I'll be the yellow buffalo with a smile on his face.

:)

todays update from the pics i posted on the 9 th

i went past their hq this morning and no more tyres . barrels or barriers have been added and the only activity seemd to be people coming out of hq with large bundles of red flags on six foot bamboo poles.

5 pm tonight ....

there were a lot more people running round with bits of paper and getting what i think were the drivers of these twenty odd cars songthews etc parked two abreast along the temple wall some with red flags attatched to sign something .

i think these might turn into a transport convoy to bangkok tonight but i might be wrong

when i left all was quiet ..... dave2

O dear, sorry, I didn't mean to sound all authoritative. I was merely being facetious, implying that we could breathe easier (well, not with the current air problems, but you know what I mean!) since the reds will be off to Bangkok, taking any potential trouble with them. I forget that so many of you know me here! I only have personal connections, and read reports, as do most of you, which helps to shape my opinions concerning this issue. Owning a small magazine and web sites in Chiang Mai does not make me in any way an authority! But thanks for the kind words as usual. Just drove past Grand Warorot, very odd those tyres! The radio stations - red and otherwise - are going crazy with rumours, propagandas and rabble rousing...

Quite amusing this morning with police roadblocks south of Chiang Mai on the Lamphun Bangkok highway.

The roadblocks were obviously there to intimidate or prevent the reds going down to Bangkok. About one mile towards CM the reds scouts/organizers/whatever were redirecting the the protesters via the back roads to bypass the roadblocks. :)

The roadblocks were obviously there to intimidate or prevent the reds going down to Bangkok. About one mile towards CM the reds scouts/organizers/whatever were redirecting the the protesters via the back roads to bypass the roadblocks. :)

The roadblocks were obviously there to check nobody is heading to Bangkok with a truck full of arms / weapons / bombs. That it pleases you so that these roadblocks are being dodged around speaks volumes of how little interest you have in the welfare of others that have the misfortune to come face to face with the mob.

Quite amusing this morning with police roadblocks south of Chiang Mai on the Lamphun Bangkok highway.

Checkpoints ,or Road Blocks as you call them, are hardly a new concept in Thailand. Drive on any major highway and you will come across them checking for illegal persons, overloaded vehicles. drug mules etc etc. In the current political climate it makes sense to beef up security for those travelling south or would you rather some clown is allowed to travel through with "bad intentions"

The roadblocks were obviously there to intimidate or prevent the reds going down to Bangkok. About one mile towards CM the reds scouts/organizers/whatever were redirecting the the protesters via the back roads to bypass the roadblocks. :D

The roadblocks were obviously there to check nobody is heading to Bangkok with a truck full of arms / weapons / bombs. That it pleases you so that these roadblocks are being dodged around speaks volumes of how little interest you have in the welfare of others that have the misfortune to come face to face with the mob.

LOL. Last year it was the red shirts blocking the road to Bangkok and the police directing people through the back roads. :)

Do you seriously think that if anybody of any color wanted to transport weapons to any place in Thailand they would be daft enough to use standard routes?

And as for my interest in the welfare of others, it's none of your business.

Checkpoints ,or Road Blocks as you call them, are hardly a new concept in Thailand. Drive on any major highway and you will come across them checking for illegal persons, overloaded vehicles. drug mules etc etc. In the current political climate it makes sense to beef up security for those traveling south or would you rather some clown is allowed to travel through with "bad intentions"

If you actually read my post it illustrates how ineffective the checkpoints/roadblocks actually are.

Of course I don't want to see any problems or violence, but as I pointed out in an earlier post the "bad eggs" will use much more subtle ways of moving illegal, weapons, bombs,contraband etc. And if such items were intended for use ,which I hope they are not, they will have been transported long ago.

Do you seriously think that if anybody of any color wanted to transport weapons to any place in Thailand they would be daft enough to use standard routes?

In a word, "yes". This isn't a sophisticated operation we are talking about.

Yes well, I'm grateful that you aren't my business.

In a word, "yes". This isn't a sophisticated operation we are talking about.

Yes well, I'm grateful that you aren't my business.

Obviously your opinion of the intelligence of the Thai populace is enlightening, perhaps you are in the wrong place?

Your second comment does not rate a response.

Obviously your opinion of the intelligence of the Thai populace is enlightening, perhaps you are in the wrong place?

I wasn't commenting on the intelligence of the Thai population as a whole, as was very obvious, just the level of sophistication of the red movement. Same goes for the yellows for that matter.

Yet you gave one.

I wasn't commenting on the intelligence of the Thai population as a whole, as was very obvious, just the level of sophistication of the red movement. Same goes for the yellows for that matter.

Yet you gave one.

Wow, you are really on the ball. Threw that out and you caught it. :):D

I know some very smart and sophisticated red and yellow sympathizers,Thais in fact. And as the majority of Thais will have some form of leaning towards one of the leading colors your comment does in fact seem to be a sweeping judgment of their overall intelligence despite how you tried to justify it.

I know some very smart and sophisticated red and yellow sympathizers,Thais in fact.

Just because some members of a group happen to be smart and sophisticated, doesn't necessarily follow that the movement is. The reds movement is in general not.

In this case, the whole is certainly not greater than the sum of its parts.

And as the majority of Thais will have some form of leaning towards one of the leading colors your comment does in fact seem to be a sweeping judgment of their overall intelligence despite how you tried to justify it.

Who are you to say that the majority of Thais have some leaning? Majority of Thais i know are fed up with it all and just want the reds and the yellows to disappear so the country can go back to some sort of normality.

Your continuing efforts to try to misconstrue my words as a slight on all Thai people is frankly pathetic.

rixalex is entirely unbiased and does not write millions of "everyone should hate Thaksin and the Redshirts" posts every single day all over Thai Visa. Reading his posts is amazingly objective - kind of like watching the news on the BBC or on public television. He has my full confidence. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

rixalex is entirely unbiased and does not write millions of "everyone should hate Thaksin and the Redshirts" posts every single day all over Thai Visa. Reading his posts is amazingly objective - kind of like watching the news on the BBC or on public television. He has my full confidence. :D

:)

3,598 = millions

Only a true red skirt could miscount quite like that.

• 1 month later...

It appears that the pot has boiled over. We have seen the misery in Bangkok escalate to this point of possible anarchy with multi-colored gangs stopping traffic, bringing the BTS to a halt and grenade attacks on public train stations. Now police headquarters here in Chiang Mai was hit with a grenade attack yesterday, now that takes b-lls. Not a very rational thing to do. Where next ? Anyone changing short or long range plans? Chicken Little needs to know :-)