Thaksin's Family Not Fleeing, But Flying Out Of Thailand

webfact

Some commentators should check their hypocrisy. It is no secret that Mr. Thaksin and his estranged family are targets. It makes perfect sense for these people to leave Thailand as the potential for a conflict where civilians are taken hostage or even murderedincreases with each venomous media report. What precautions do you think several cabinet ministers including the PM and military commanders have taken with their own certain vulnerable family members? The Thaksin family doesn't have the luxury of being able to hide out on a military base as some are doing. It makes perfect sense for people at risk to remove their families from the line of fire. The last thing anyone needs is some idiot taking someone hostage and making the situation worse.

What do you think would happen if someone attacked the PM's wife or the ex Mrs. Thaksin? That's how a civil war can start and its avoidable.

It's all very nice to huff and puff and call people cowards, but it is now standard operating practice to undertake these measures. People have convenient memories, but as 9/11 took place and in the days afterward, practically every leader in the western world had made arrangements to move children and spouses out of sight. That procedure continues to this day.

Be fair and do not let your petty hatreds pollute your thoughts.

What you are talking aboutis 2 different scenarios!

Thaksin and his cronies are fueling the reds, pushing (paying) them to be violent. On he other hand in your examples (like 9/11) where civilians were attacked by terrorists.

So Thaksin is pushing the poor to fight for him (while he's thousands of kilometers away and get his family away as well... If he was a victim then it would be a different story...

The best example to show what a blunt liar Thaksin is was songkran last year... where he called in and said to his 'people' in Thai to attack the government. Then on International news BBC and CNN he just says he never said to use violence...

Also about the 'bombs' and bomb treaths... that classifies as terrorism if you ask me...

he also said he was not financing the red faction until his ''come and get your 500baht'' blunder was shown on Youtube

liar! liar! liar!

Indeed, thanks for reminding me! Liar, liar pants on fire! 555+

Now seriously, if his family and 'ex'-wife want to flee its their problem (although I doubt that they did not know what their daddy was doing...). Thaksin come to Thailand and lead the reds... show your true colors...

On the other hand I think this whole situation is a fued between a very small group of people where Thaksin was part of. Appearantly he got too greedy (trying to cut them off) and they got pissedoff. So he was kicked out... now Thaksin doesnt want to give in (pride and doesnt want face loss) so he fights them... believe this small group is the real leader of this country.

just my 2 cents

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he also said on interantional news channels that he was not financing the red faction until his ''come and get your 500baht'' blunder was shown on Youtube

liar! liar! liar!

He may wonder why, besides Cambodia, most of the world seems to have little care or respect for him. Let's see Japan, UK, the US...

Some commentators should check their hypocrisy. It is no secret that Mr. Thaksin and his estranged family are targets. It makes perfect sense for these people to leave Thailand as the potential for a conflict where civilians are taken hostage or even murderedincreases with each venomous media report. What precautions do you think several cabinet ministers including the PM and military commanders have taken with their own certain vulnerable family members? The Thaksin family doesn't have the luxury of being able to hide out on a military base as some are doing. It makes perfect sense for people at risk to remove their families from the line of fire. The last thing anyone needs is some idiot taking someone hostage and making the situation worse.

What do you think would happen if someone attacked the PM's wife or the ex Mrs. Thaksin? That's how a civil war can start and its avoidable.

It's all very nice to huff and puff and call people cowards, but it is now standard operating practice to undertake these measures. People have convenient memories, but as 9/11 took place and in the days afterward, practically every leader in the western world had made arrangements to move children and spouses out of sight. That procedure continues to this day.

Be fair and do not let your petty hatreds pollute your thoughts.

What you are talking aboutis 2 different scenarios!

Thaksin and his cronies are fueling the reds, pushing (paying) them to be violent. On he other hand in your examples (like 9/11) where civilians were attacked by terrorists.

So Thaksin is pushing the poor to fight for him (while he's thousands of kilometers away and get his family away as well... If he was a victim then it would be a different story...

The best example to show what a blunt liar Thaksin is was songkran last year... where he called in and said to his 'people' in Thai to attack the government. Then on International news BBC and CNN he just says he never said to use violence...

Also about the 'bombs' and bomb treaths... that classifies as terrorism if you ask me...

he also said on interantional news channels that he was not financing the red faction until his ''come and get your 500baht'' blunder was shown on Youtube

liar! liar! liar!

There must be a link, but it is not showing in the main forum. Hit reply to ask for link and it is printed on screen above liar liar liar (you forgot pants on fire :) ) but does not work. Copy paste and I get something about body art. I am sure there is a link but something has gone wrong.

Edit: OK its back.

Edited by RKASA

liar! liar! liar!

There must be a link, but it is not showing in the main forum. Hit reply to ask for link and it is printed on screen above liar liar liar (you forgot pants on fire :) ) but does not work. Copy paste and I get something about body art. I am sure there is a link but something has gone wrong.

just google ''youtube thaksin 500baht blunder'', its all over the place

you might want to google ''youtube thaksin lies to international press'' too........

Queer fellow that Thaksin. According to the BKK Post, he is sending SMS's urging people to attend the rally for the sake and future of Thailand's children. Everyone come, except his own family who should be in total support of their father. He did give a very lame excuse about their pre-engagements. If Thailand's democracy is so important for him, they really should cancel and attend in support of their father and the future of Thailand. Hogwash! Another Songkran all over again.

liar! liar! liar!

There must be a link, but it is not showing in the main forum. Hit reply to ask for link and it is printed on screen above liar liar liar (you forgot pants on fire :D ) but does not work. Copy paste and I get something about body art. I am sure there is a link but something has gone wrong.

just google ''youtube thaksin 500baht blunder'', its all over the place

you might want to google ''youtube thaksin lies to international press'' too........

Too bad that is not what he said. He does not offer money to anyone. :)

This is out off context. If you want the truth, listen to the whole thing not just one "out of context" phrase like this. The 500 Baht he mentioned is the money that the new government, lead by Wejjacjiwa, gives to the people. The money is supposed to help the elderly and poor and to boot up more votes for Wejjachiwa's party.

Thinthapthai

Edited by Ulysses G.

The Government should declare that he is a Terrorist and demand that the UAE immediately arrest him and deport him back to Thailand.

LOL! How's that for being a law abiding member of the international community of sovereign nations. A single small sovereign country demands the another sovereign nation must apply their laws the way that single small country desires.

I think that logic is a quick way alienate the rest of the world.

I'm glad that no one will follow your advice.

regards,

liar! liar! liar!

He may wonder why, besides Cambodia, most of the world seems to have little care or respect for him. Let's see Japan, UK, the US...

I hear thiis mantra voiced frequently here on TV. Can you please enlighten me as to your sourcing of such a claim.

This ultra-elite family runs away so their children won't be in danger... leaving it to little guys like this one to fight their battles and risk their precious life. This is a real downside to the brain-washed reds, that this little tyke's parent's could follow Thaksin's earlier encouragement to reds to bring their children the last time.

09-1817192584T.jpg

A boy dressed in red gestures as supporters of the former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra gather for a rally in Ang Thong March 8, 2010. The Thai government plans to invoke a tough security law, giving the armed forces broad powers to control a rally in Bangkok this weekend by supporters of Thaksin, a minister said on Monday.

REUTERS

This is just not a rational response. I would hope that you want to insure that your family is also safe. Why would you begrudge any other person of the same concern.

On the other hand if you would not have soncerns for your family it would explain the hatred in your post.

Please control you hatred.

Regards,

Glad I don't have to live near you ... your views would irritate the hel_l out of me.

The Government should declare that he is a Terrorist and demand that the UAE immediately arrest him and deport him back to Thailand.

LOL! How's that for being a law abiding member of the international community of sovereign nations. A single small sovereign country demands the another sovereign nation must apply their laws the way that single small country desires.

I think that logic is a quick way alienate the rest of the world.

I'm glad that no one will follow your advice.

regards,

would that be a bit like sovereign nation UAE demanding extradition of a British citizen to Dubai from sovereign nation Thailand despite there being no extradition treaty between UAE and Thailand?

BANGKOK: -- (AFP) - A court in Thailand agreed Thursday to extradite a Briton to the United Arab Emirates on charges of embezzling 150 million dollars from a Dubai company.

Michael Bryan Smith, 43, was arrested in Bangkok's red light district in May last year after spending eight months on the run.

"The court has decided to extradite him to the UAE," a judge at Bangkok criminal court said.

"Even though Thailand and the UAE do not have an extradition treaty, the UAE has expressed the willingness to do favours if Thailand asks in future."

This ultra-elite family runs away so their children won't be in danger... leaving it to little guys like this one to fight their battles and risk their precious life. This is a real downside to the brain-washed reds, that this little tyke's parent's could follow Thaksin's earlier encouragement to reds to bring their children the last time.

09-1817192584T.jpg

A boy dressed in red gestures as supporters of the former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra gather for a rally in Ang Thong March 8, 2010. The Thai government plans to invoke a tough security law, giving the armed forces broad powers to control a rally in Bangkok this weekend by supporters of Thaksin, a minister said on Monday.

REUTERS

This is just not a rational response. I would hope that you want to insure that your family is also safe. Why would you begrudge any other person of the same concern.

On the other hand if you would not have soncerns for your family it would explain the hatred in your post.

Regards,

Glad I don't have to live near you ... your views would irritate the hel_l out of me.

just as your holier than though views irritate the hel_l out of the me........

Edited by timekeeper

liar! liar! liar!

I hear thiis mantra voiced frequently here on TV. Can you please enlighten me as to your sourcing of such a claim.

Actually, you are quite correct. There is not really much evidence of there being little respect for him. These countries say very little about him ... he's not really worth talking about.

Did the UK cancel his visa? (not 100% sure ... it may have just run out.)

But the fact that many countries recognise Abhisit as the PM of Thailand certainly shows that these countries aren't listening to Thaksin.

l

That is not what he said. You either do not understand Thai or there is another reason that you are misrepresenting what he said. x19436698.jpg

liar! liar! liar!

You are disputing that he is banned from visiting Japan and UK?

You can follow these links which basically reflect the commonly held mindset that he is not a political refugee, but just the run of the mill criminal trying to avoid jail.

There are tons of links but to start with:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0WD...1/ai_n31129265/

Visa revoked....UK

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/as...sa-1003966.html

After revoking his visa and effectively not allowing him to hang in Britain no more, the Ambassador stated in a formal statement i.e. the view of that country:

'"Throughout the political crisis in Thailand, the UK has been maintaining the steadfast principle of supporting Thailand's democratic institutions, without taking sides," the statement said. "The same principle has been reflected in our consideration of immigration matters, which are treated strictly in accordance with the UK law."

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/JK12Ae01.html sucks to be him I guess. Or his crimmy wife. They would fit well in a slummy housing estate in Scunthorpe I guess but I guess the UK has enough criminals and doesn't want anymore - in diplomatic terms, this is pretty strong BTW used as an explanation for the ban.

Of course, while bastions of democracy such as Cambodia still welcome him, even Germany, not highly recognised perhaps by some as being a functioning democracy compared to Nigeria and Cambodia but still not bad also has revoked his visa according to this story in Aljazeera.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pac...7293242180.html

Normally, only twits get banned from places. Wealthy billionaires are usually welcomed with open arms....except the obviously criminal ones.

Note that some countries are still sitting on the fence on this one though, so he still has a way to stack up airline miles.

After all, while he could have been helping the poor during his era with his own money, he didn't spend any of it and pretty much just stole ours - the tax payers'. So he still has plenty left for flying first class, staying in an entire floor of the Burj Al Arab and generally living it up big time.

Life's not so bad for Thailand's answer to Gary Glitter (who also claims to be innocent I think, and that he was set up).

As for the video, he is saying I am ready to govern if you are ready, you don't have to wait in line for 500b.

He could be talking about social welfare (although it makes little sense, and most people would not get this unless they are 65 or older, and that's not 500b anyway) or he is talking hypothetically about rubbish (he does that a lot) or he is suggesting that protestors can bring him back now and not just be getting 500b for turning up at protests.

It isn't clear which one is the one he meant, and we'll never know otherwise.

As for whether his family are safe here, if you spent time with him or his family even back in the TRT days, you would ALWAYS see security goons stuck around him and his family like kee sticks to expensive shagpile carpet.

I am willing to bet Yingluck and the rest of them are also out of the country. What possible security risk does she face? Answer.....none. But there is safety in distance, no question about that.

I bet they won't spring for a ticket to take me away from the area where the red shirts are near my house, if this comes down the same way as last April when the red shirts completely unprovoked were looking for fights and cruising around - some drunk. Seems a bit unfair, after all.....I am a tax payer who helped pay this huge amount back to the government....he stole my money - I deserve a first class ticket to Germany too!

Come on.....I'll take your 500b :-)

Edited by steveromagnino

But the fact that many countries recognise Abhisit as the PM of Thailand certainly shows that these countries aren't listening to Thaksin.

And why shouldn't they recognize Abhisit as PM? He became PM legitimately through an election process and then a coalition of parties. Many people forget the coalition process was very close, and it could have easily gone the other way, with the Thaksin puppet PM gaining power yet again.

liar! liar! liar!

My apologies, I forgot about Germany. Many more resources from Google.

From Asia Times Online: The US, for one, was publicly critical of the UDD-led April riots and has recently told the group’s representatives that Washington puts diplomatic priority on law and order, according to a source familiar with the discussions. Underscoring Thaksin's closing exile options, one Bangkok-based official notes that his US visa has expired and that he would likely be held in "secondary" confinement if he attempted to enter the country.

Asia Times

"BANGKOK, Feb. 5 (Xinhua) -- Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said here on Thursday that Japan has banned ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra from entering its country as he is a fugitive.

Speaking to local media before departing to Japan for a three-day official visit, Abhisit did not say when Japan decided to blacklist Thaksin.

"I already received reports that Japan has decided to ban Thaksin from entering the country," The website by The Nation newspaper quoted Abhisit as saying."

Xinhuanet

"Bangkok - Thailand's globe-trotting, fugitive former leader Thaksin Shinawatra is no longer welcome in Germany and will be arrested if he returns there, a foreign ministry official said on Wednesday."

News24

"Former Manchester City FC owner Thaksin Shinawatra banned from Britain

The former Thai prime minister and one-time owner of Manchester City has been banned from entering Britain, it has been reported."

The Telegraph-UK

And how do you know he won't show up. Be careful what you ask for, you might get it. I can only see any of them being present a negative to the situation, but then I am not being self indulgent.

I see no reason to call his children cockroaches or the reds monkeys and commie's ether. Making them out to be sub human does nothing to enforce ones position. It is just singing to ones self and like minded.

Thaksin show up where? Here? Thailand? This weekend? LOL You are one funny guy. Where do you get your material? As far as the kids, how about the son is a cheat - caught red handed with notes during an exam, and thats just the start- there are many stories about his "high" nightlife. Being civil, we'll leave the daughters out of it.

l

that is not what he said. You either do not understand Thai or there is another reason that you are misrepresenting what he said. x19436698.jpg

whats your problem ulysses?

no one paying attention to you?

ok i will bite....

you made your point in post #96

theres no need to keep banging on about it

Edited by timekeeper

liar! liar! liar!

You are disputing that he is banned from visiting Japan and UK?

You can follow these links which basically reflect the commonly held mindset that he is not a political refugee, but just the run of the mill criminal trying to avoid jail.

There are tons of links but to start with:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0WD...1/ai_n31129265/

Visa revoked....UK

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/as...sa-1003966.html

After revoking his visa and effectively not allowing him to hang in Britain no more, the Ambassador stated in a formal statement i.e. the view of that country:

'"Throughout the political crisis in Thailand, the UK has been maintaining the steadfast principle of supporting Thailand's democratic institutions, without taking sides," the statement said. "The same principle has been reflected in our consideration of immigration matters, which are treated strictly in accordance with the UK law."

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/JK12Ae01.html sucks to be him I guess. Or his crimmy wife. They would fit well in a slummy housing estate in Scunthorpe I guess but I guess the UK has enough criminals and doesn't want anymore - in diplomatic terms, this is pretty strong BTW used as an explanation for the ban.

Of course, while bastions of democracy such as Cambodia still welcome him, even Germany, not highly recognised perhaps by some as being a functioning democracy compared to Nigeria and Cambodia but still not bad also has revoked his visa according to this story in Aljazeera.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pac...7293242180.html

Normally, only twits get banned from places. Wealthy billionaires are usually welcomed with open arms....except the obviously criminal ones.

Note that some countries are still sitting on the fence on this one though, so he still has a way to stack up airline miles.

After all, while he could have been helping the poor during his era with his own money, he didn't spend any of it and pretty much just stole ours - the tax payers'. So he still has plenty left for flying first class, staying in an entire floor of the Burj Al Arab and generally living it up big time.

Life's not so bad for Thailand's answer to Gary Glitter.

Thanks Steve. Very comprehensive. I added a few on my own, but I had forgotten about Germany. The truth is Thaksin is becoming less welcome to the world. I'm sure somehow, the Thaksin supporters on the forum will find fault with what is written. Take it or leave as far as I am concerned.

l

that is not what he said. You either do not understand Thai or there is another reason that you are misrepresenting what he said. x19436698.jpg

Claiming that there is proof that Thaksin offered people money to join the protests when it is absolutely not true might just merit more than one post. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

liar! liar! liar!

Actually, you are quite correct. There is not really much evidence of there being little respect for him. These countries say very little about him ... he's not really worth talking about.

Did the UK cancel his visa? (not 100% sure ... it may have just run out.)

There are major reasons that he NEVER goes to any of these MAJOR countries anymore,

he has been told he is not wanted there, and will be detained for questioning.

Respect has certainly been transfered to Abhisit along with acknowledgment of his

real position as legitimate leader of Thailand via the proper electoral process.

No the USA doesn't say 'Abhisit PM of Thailand*, * because of the junta's coup.'

Neither does ANY country in ASEAN except maybe Cambodia,

Nor China, nor the EU nor UK.

Certain myopic and obscurantist posters in TVF and on redshirt stages still do say this

history modifying bilge, but that is a PR agenda, and nothing of any greater substance

than wishful thinking.

Edited by animatic

And by contrast, there are people like Nelson Mandela, who stayed in his country and spend 27 years in prison for doing what he thought was right against an unfair government.

A bit hard to compare actually.

Mandela has b_alls and class.

Thaksin has neither.

And how do you know he won't show up. Be careful what you ask for, you might get it. I can only see any of them being present a negative to the situation, but then I am not being self indulgent.

I see no reason to call his children cockroaches or the reds monkeys and commie's ether. Making them out to be sub human does nothing to enforce ones position. It is just singing to ones self and like minded.

"And how do you know he won't show up."

So if the reds complete their mission in 3 days I guess we should expect him by Monday then?

Silly.

l

Claiming that there is proof that Thaksin offered money to join the protests when it is absolutely not true might just merit more than one post. :)

ok keep going, i wish you success with your mission

are there any believers out there that actually think that Thaksin does not give money to support the protests ?

where are you biased? sorry i meant based?

oh thats right Chang Mai

Edited by timekeeper

l

Claiming that there is proof that Thaksin offered money to join the protests when it is absolutely not true might just merit more than one post. :)

Pssst Thaksin in his own words on his own show mentioned them no longer having to line up for his 500 baht when he comes back into power :D It was recorded live and is on youtube .. the pause when he touches his earpiece after the remark is CLASSIC :D

09-1817192584T.jpg

REUTERS

Regards,

just as your holier than though views irritate the hel_l out of the me........

Thank You! I'll wear that as a badge of courage. I want my family to always be safe. I feel sorry for your family if you walk the walk that you talk when you come out of the shadows.

Not holier than Though, just respectful of my family and in fact all families.

Regards,

SO kids should be punished for there fathers actions? If you make a mistake, your kids should get in trouble to?

If these kids are not a part of their fathers actions they should stay here shouldnt they. They support their father in his action to destabilize this country. Their father puts others kids in harms way. Their father puts EU citizens in harms way. So I see no reason why they should be allowed to flee to the EU and stay there.

W

Lets just put it this way.

1 ) the 'Kids' are all adults have quite well passed into their majority

2 ) they also have been part and parcel of the family businesses,

and testified in courts, signed their names to documents in and effort

to defraud Thailand of tax and other revenues

3 ) They are direct beneficiaries of these very policies their father was convicted of

So no crying these poor little tykes are not part of the organized crime family of Shinawatra Clan.

"The sins of the father shall not be visited on the son";

but if the son is in there helping dad get it done ,

and getting caught red handed all bets are off.

Just because the kids aren't the 'masterminds' (used loosely here),

doesn't mean they aren't minor henchmen. These kids proved during

their court testimony that they are up to their lil necks in the family business.

Edited by animatic

l

To be strictly correct you have no proof that is absolutely not true that he offered money to join protests either.

To be fair to all, he stated something ambiguous that could mean money to join protests, or could mean nothing or could mean waiting in line for some social security payout. Even if someone says something ambiguous, without knowing what he really meant at the time (not what he claims as we already know most of what any politicians say is <deleted>) it is a bit pointless to disect this youtube clip apart; like a joke or a frog, dissection just kills the whole thing (or something to that effect).

It is a matter of fact that people get paid to attend certain political functions, only a complete idiot would dispute that. Both PAD and the Red shirts pay some people. Everyone I think is aware of that. In the west, the whole concept of lobbying is based on the exact same theory, in a slightly less transparent manner.

There is a sizeable group, for both sides, that are not paid, but go and attend anyway.

But to suggest they are all going paying for it themselves - everyy single one of them, is to deny what one can see with their own eyes (nice red shirts, jackets, caps, memoribilia, concerts, food, badges - given free sometimes) and what one can learn by talking to the red shirts (some will admit to being paid) - EXACTLY the way politics and 'democracy' works here now, and has worked in almost every election at least in some parts of the kingdom in the past.

On a personal level I heard directly from him at the time, that a senior member of the red shirt brigade currently MIA stated publically that he had received 40mb (this was back pre PPP election) to, in his words, create talking points and attention for the plight of Thaksin. So..... just one is enough to prove that at least some of them are getting paid. Another friend of mine is also funded and paid as a red shirter, newsworthy guy as well, both believe in the cause, no doubt.....but they aren't doing it for free. They expect cash now. And much more cash later is the hope. Why should the rank and file mob be any different?

As for the comparison of Mandela and Thaksin, one point I will admit that they have in common is that both seem to have absolute battle axes for wives.

Or ex wives I suppose to be more correct.

Apparently even 27 seconds is too long in jail for Thaksin; pity really as with his wad of cash he could have afforded a lot of Kao Pud Chuwit.

Edited by steveromagnino

His family leaving the country is clear evidence that *he* is expecting something to go down... If this were to be the peaceful protest the reds claim, why does his ex-wife and offspring need to flee the country? Yes indeed, this does not bode well... even my Thais friends are very concerned about this weekends activities, most of them getting out of BKK this weekend.

Thaksin's family conveniently had outside engagements just before last year's Songkran violence as well.

Abhisit managed to cancel his appointments for the weekend with international heads of state. Surely it wouldn't be too difficult for Thaksin's family to reschedule their appointments.

They did reschedule all local appointments so they can leave the country.