True Visions Adding Hd Channels?

anothertorres

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't heard a thing. I thank they are dreaming but could be wrong.

never mind HD, I wish they would stop broadcasting 10 or more year old discovery and NGC programs as well as repeating programs over and over again for month's on end and please bring BBC Entertainment back

HD would be nice though

if it says HD then thats what it means-the question is how far into the 'future'? and are they ever going to stop editing the content on chanels like hbo to take out anything slightly offensive; they even edit "the simpsons" sometimes they edit things so much it doesnt make any sense..cable tv supposed to mean no editing

Edited by pkspeaker

True's March monthly magazine advertised 2 new HD channels "coming soon", one for movies and one for sports.

The only other HD channels currently available in Asia are ASN, HBO, NatGeo, ESPN, and History.

Rumor has it the EPL will be "mostly" available in HD beginning in the 2010 - 2011 season. True's ability to carry these HD games is not yet clear.

I'm somewhat satisfied with True's programming, considering I'm in a foreign country.

What I'm not satisfied with is the quality of its signal. Forget about HD...just give me a normal quality signal.

We need a little competition here!

I'm somewhat satisfied with True's programming, considering I'm in a foreign country.

What I'm not satisfied with is the quality of its signal. Forget about HD...just give me a normal quality signal.

We need a little competition here!

Absolutely agree re: the signal AND having competition! Watching my beloved NHL on ASN is very disappointing. (Panasonic 50 inch plasma)

Absolutely agree re: the signal AND having competition! Watching my beloved NHL on ASN is very disappointing. (Panasonic 50 inch plasma)

that's what really perked me up. ASN in HD would be amazing. hockey wouldn't look so grey. although, getting any hockey here is good enough for me. i use NHL-torrents.uk for downloading any games of my home team that i want to see. HD is becoming quite popular amongst the sports torrenters. and uhh... the Habs suck but nowhere near as much as the Leafs :)

never mind HD, I wish they would stop broadcasting 10 or more year old discovery and NGC programs as well as repeating programs over and over again for month's on end and please bring BBC Entertainment back

i agree on that point also. it's amazing how many times they play the same shitty movies over and over again. have any of these programmers experienced television in the western world? who is watching all of this bullshit "private practice" and "grey's anatomy" bullshit???

House? ok, good show, i can deal with that. i don't need NCIS or CSI or FBI or MTV for that matter. all anyone ever needs for crime drama is Law & Order. how has Law & Order *not* made it to Asia?

i was just back home in the US for the last 2 weeks and man, watching Discovery and NatGeo is insane. and they're basically putting out shows that should only be watched in HD or else it's just like any other documentary on the planet earth. what will happen if Asia doesn't catch up...

Yes, similar here. Only get the real good out of my HD t.v. with DVDs.

I do have to laugh, when True put in the satellite dish, the installer said that satellite reception is "same everywhere in world". Bull toddy. We had (at different times) cable and satellite back in the States, and always clear as a bell...and that was on a non-HD t.v.

LyngSat now also has the 2 channels the OP mentioned in their channel lineup.

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/truevisions_chno.html

Scroll down to channels 111 and 112.

This does NOT mean they are available yet. It does mean the channel slots have been allocated and the testing has begun.

Remember, when the HD signals do become availale, we will all need new HD decoders, and perfahps, a new LNB.

At least there is movement here.

Edited by Twin

I would be really nice to finally have HD satellite TV, hopefully also with Dolby Digital sound.

However, that will mean we have to get new satellite receivers able to process HD signal and also an HD TV set. Not cheap.

While I already have an HD TV, I would need a new HD receiver. Does anyone have suggestions and experience? I hear Dreambox has a good one and I now have a Dreambox (7020s) already and love it.

Got my April TrueVisions TV guide this morning. They announced launch of HD channels.

Don't know when it will start, but looks like you'll need to get a TrueVisions HD Receiver and then the HD package as well.

ah, good lookin' out! thank you very much for the info.

I just clarified this with them here's what I know:

1) 2 channels initial launch. HBO HD and ASN HD.

2) more homebrew HD channels to come: True Series, TrueSports HD

3) thai free HD channel to come: MCOT HD

4) new receiver, which DOES NOT support PVR (sadly) is needed. HDMI output is there.

5) you will need a HD package. it's only for gold and platinum subscribers only.

Here's the scanned pages from True Visions. They talk about digital, does that rule out those of us who use the dish to receive TrueVisions?

post-33509-1269481183_thumb.jpgpost-33509-1269481205_thumb.jpg

No. Initially the launch is going to be available for those customers who use dish first (currently there's no HDTV content from True on CaTV/Cable).

I called True about the article in the magazine and was told the same. They are just collecting names for the marketing department at the moment and will follow up with a phone call.

No information re when or how much. They couldn't even say if the other channels (where possible) will be broadcast in wide screen. After my initial excitement I am probably going to wait as there won't be the PVR facility and HBO and ASN are not enough to justify what they are going to ask for the new box and channels. I remember them asking a large upfront payment for the PVR and that put me off alojng with the old small screen format. I wish they could get passed this half-assed approach to things and provide proper equipment and a decent signal. Why do they think customers spend so much on a big screen TV and are then going to be happy with a poor quality picture in small screen format and no recording function. The equipment is out there.

House? ok, good show, i can deal with that. i don't need NCIS or CSI or FBI or MTV for that matter. all anyone ever needs for crime drama is Law & Order. how has Law & Order *not* made it to Asia?

i was just back home in the US for the last 2 weeks and man, watching Discovery and NatGeo is insane. and they're basically putting out shows that should only be watched in HD or else it's just like any other documentary on the planet earth. what will happen if Asia doesn't catch up...

I don't know which cable company my condo uses, but Law and Order is on pretty much every single day on the Universal Channel..

Infact, I just turned on the TV to check the channel name - and an episode of L&O is just starting :)

The condo I'm living in just received notices that True will perform some hardware changes, including going to subscribers units and exchanging receivers... not sure what this means... but maybe they are infact going HD.... will know by April 4.

The condo I'm living in just received notices that True will perform some hardware changes, including going to subscribers units and exchanging receivers... not sure what this means... but maybe they are infact going HD.... will know by April 4.

Maybe they mean the channel reallocation exercise that True will be carrying out on the night of Mar 31/April 1st to introduce their 4 new channels.

Maybe they mean the channel reallocation exercise that True will be carrying out on the night of Mar 31/April 1st to introduce their 4 new channels.

In the letter they did mention something about equipment /receiver change, I don't know about the channel relocation as they did not mention that.

According to a letter I received in the mail this weekend, the introduction of the Korean channel tvN is at the expense of NatGeo Adventure, which goes away Thursday.

Also, I guess it was far too complicated for them to position TrueSport 6 at Channel 106, directly after TrueSport 1 through 5.

My letter says TS6 will be a "24 hour quality football and world class sport telecast channel".

Dare we dream of rugby and cricket?