Thai Government Hangs By A Thread

webfact

As OMR stated before, it looks like the army are going to have the raise the bar a few notches. Sad, and very concerning TBH :)

Anyting could happen now . Even a mutiny by some of the soldiers or/and police . That would be real uggly . Its time for a governement of national unity to take over or a council of the 4 ex PMs , calm things down , and negociate with the red shirts . Else Thailand will loose .

IMHO if mutiny was going to happen it would of started before the army was being shot at.

It's all to play for, but if it's Prem's boys out there I think mutiny is unlikely.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodbye Reds. Nice knowing you.

This is the meaning of Thaksin:

BANGKOK: -- About twenty soldiers were injured when red shirts protesters hurled explosives into them at Si Yak Kok Woe intersection at about 8pm.

The injured soldiers who were dragged from the scene were seen soaking with blood.

... but it was almost a hundred years later that the real social emancipation for blacks began.

Urban myths and indoctrinated propaganda.

Try reading some of Thomas Sowell's research for facts.

http://www.tsowell.com/

Agree with all previous opinions of Thailand being a struggling democracy for many decades. May the nation continue upon the path of democracy and resist all temptation to follow the path of so many neighboring nations.

Edited by Spee

As OMR stated before, it looks like the army are going to have the raise the bar a few notches. Sad, and very concerning TBH :)

Anyting could happen now . Even a mutiny by some of the soldiers or/and police . That would be real uggly . Its time for a governement of national unity to take over or a council of the 4 ex PMs , calm things down , and negociate with the red shirts . Else Thailand will loose .

IMHO if mutiny was going to happen it would of started before the army was being shot at.

It's all to play for, but if it's Prem's boys out there I think mutiny is unlikely.

This will only stiffen their resolve. They are seeing their best mates get injured. There will be a payback.

Cheers, Rick

Abhisit looks very weak indeed propped up by the army and sleeping literally in their bed. When he reads the script given to him by the army on the army TV station later tonight or in the morning it will go in one ear and out the other of most Thais.

THe remaining days of Abhisit in power are probably very few

Abhisit looks very weak indeed propped up by the army and sleeping literally in their bed. When he reads the script given to him by the army on the army TV station later tonight or in the morning it will go in one ear and out the other of most Thais.

Reckon he'll cross the 200,000 fans on Facebook marker by the end of Songkran personally. Was about 80,000 before all this shit kicked off.

So Thaksin and his minions have got their war. Hope they are happy. Sad sad day (night) for Thailand.

Smart Red shirters will know there will likely be some retribution for these acts over the course of the next few days. That ought to put many of them on a bus for home. That will leave some hardcore elements and maybe, if not easier to deal with, there will be less concern about there being innocents about.

This is an old discredited story being pushed by the only Thaksin apologists who are at least a day behind events.

You should concentrate on advising the Red petrol bomb throwers dear.

This will only stiffen their resolve. They are seeing their best mates get injured. There will be a payback.

Cheers, Rick

I was hoping to be a bit stiffer tonight... but prevailing circumstances suggest that I drink instead :D

"smartbrain: ASTV... lots of gunfire at kokwua. Says definitely from reds. Police are unarmed and only with teargas launchers"

the reds try to kill other thais. How can anyone defend this red mob. I think now they show thier real face and like someone said. Thaksin has got his civil war.

Are you working on two screen names because you are spouting the same old crap as someone else on here. Gotcha!

Cheers, Rick

The title of this thread should be changed. Thai gov't is NOT hanging by a thread.

Authorities will have resolve tomorrow. Expect some concerted cleaning up. I assume by now, the security bosses know that it's not enough to push the miscreants out of intersections and bridges, but it's just as important to put competent gov't forces in those places to maintain possession.

The Reds are showing their true colors, and now that scores of security forces are injured, the cops and army will stiffen their resolve and do their jobs. I predict the main demonstration will be over by Sunday evening, and the residual roving bands of hoodlums will be mopped up by Monday.

Should real bullets be used? Yes. You can't put out a house fire by blowing on it with wet breath. Even with real bullets, caution should rule. But when cops and soldiers are getting injured by guns, grenades and exploding gas canisters, then it's time to put rubber bullets aside. Sad but true.

Edited by brahmburgers

BANGKOK: -- About twenty soldiers were injured when red shirts protesters hurled explosives into them at Si Yak Kok Woe intersection at about 8pm.

The injured soldiers who were dragged from the scene were seen soaking with blood.

Just had a news alert saying that Veera had just demanded that Abhisit dissolve parliament and leave the country immediately.

So those of you who still support the red shirts, a question:

Should Abhisit concede to the leader of a group that has become increasingly violent and has embarked upon a programme of terrorism?

I suggest that these red shirt leaders are a disgrace to the well-intentioned and good workers and farmers that they have drawn into their cause as pawns.

Edited by bubba

I think your read of the situation is slightly backward. The PM who told off the military and police and they listened. A good day for civilian government. Thaksin might actually be indirectly responsible for strengthening democracy in LOS. I'm sure he is thrilled.

Posts have been deleted for flaming & name calling.

It would be much appreciated if everyone could communicate in a civil rather than hysterical manner, no matter which side, if any you support.

Those who cannot abide by Thai Visa Forum rules, and be civil to your fellow board members will be given a free pass to the sin bin.

No source?

"smartbrain: ASTV... lots of gunfire at kokwua. Says definitely from reds. Police are unarmed and only with teargas launchers"

the reds try to kill other thais. How can anyone defend this red mob. I think now they show thier real face and like someone said. Thaksin has got his civil war.

Sadly I think that you are correct. It like the Brits in their old Imperial days. Divide and conquer. Nothing new here. Maybe now some of the countries that he travels to will repatriate him to serve his time.

Cheers, Rick

Well they could also be tired of beeing assaulted , some soldiers turn very violent , and the rest revolt to prevent them and mutinate . Things like this have happened before . As you say its all to play for

The title of this thread should be changed. Thai gov't is NOT hanging by a thread.

Authorities will have resolve tomorrow. Expect some concerted cleaning up. I assume by now, the security bosses know that it's not enough to push the miscreants out of intersections and bridges, but it's just as important to put competent gov't forces in those places to maintain possession.

The Reds are showing their true colors, and now that scores of security forces are injured, the cops and army will stiffen their resolve and do their jobs. I predict the main demonstration will be over by Sunday evening, and the residual roving bands of hoodlums will be mopped up by Monday.

Did you just here the motors starting of the troop convoys that will be driving into Bangkok overnight?

So Thaksin and his minions have got their war. Hope they are happy. Sad sad day (night) for Thailand.

Smart Red shirters will know there will likely be some retribution for these acts over the course of the next few days. That ought to put many of them on a bus for home. That will leave some hardcore elements and maybe, if not easier to deal with, there will be less concern about there being innocents about.

What bothers me would be the red leader's remarks about "guerilla" forces --- AND the lack of Sae Daeng being visible.

No source?

If you read the news you will find the source. Lazy git.

Rick

No source?

Sorry, from the webfact thread Webfact thread

Edited by yoshiwara

Yes, I would like to see the international media now take note that the red shirt movement is led by terrorists. For a while, the naive fools were buying the propaganda that this was a non-violent, pro-democracy, movement. It is time for the world leaders to take sides now, for the reasoned civilized government (which WAS elected legally and has scheduled future elections, just not on the forced timetable of the terrorists), and against red shirt terrorists fueled by radical Maoists.

And let the media also remind the world that ALL it would take for this to stop

is for there to be an election to get rid of this army installed government......not such a hard thing to do

if people really want peace :)

And let the media also remind the world that ALL it would have taken for this to never have happened would for the redshirts to have negotiated in good faith at the beginning instead of giving ultimatums, throwing blood, making public death threats and illegally closing down the central business district.

What bothers me would be the red leader's remarks about "guerilla" forces --- AND the lack of Sae Daeng being visible.

I see hundreds of red bandana layabouts here in Chiang mai affecting gangster poses. It's disconcerting and I'm sure more than a few of them would step up to those roles if they get a few drinks under their belts.

i really wonder how some of you guys can go on indulge your delusions - while people are actually suffering:

SUFFERING! not the abstract theory... but, right on the streets. it's HUMAN BLOOD, same same as you or mine, & who is causing it?

& you still keep going on... it's peaceful, it's for democracy, etc.

wow, i hope _you_ guys will _never ever_ have any say in thailand. thank you.

thanks too... for the mantra of "double standards" etc. since weeks reds are in town & we've never heard _any_ policy platform.

there are ppl here i respect for their rational discourse. even though we may differ in opinion.

so, guys... violence & bloodshed is ok, right?

No source?

You don't even make an attempt at trying, do you?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Prote...i-30126947.html

At 8 pm, protesters at Kokwua Intersection hurled M67 bombs at the troops, prompting troops to retreat to be in front of the Borworniwes Temple.

The protesters kept on throwing bombs at troops while troops retaliated by firing tear gas and rubber bullets at the protesters.

Several soldiers were injured and were dragged out of the battle scene by peers.

Many were seen soaked with blood.

The Nation

I see hundreds of red bandana layabouts here in Chiang mai affecting gangster poses. It's disconcerting and I'm sure more than a few of them would step up to those roles if they get a few drinks under their belts.

I am sure that you are right in your assumption. Thugs the lot of them.

Cheers, Rick

i really wonder how some of you guys can go on indulge your delusions - while people are actually suffering:

SUFFERING! not the abstract theory... but, right on the streets. it's HUMAN BLOOD, same same as you or mine, & who is causing it?

& you still keep going on... it's peaceful, it's for democracy, etc.

wow, i hope _you_ guys will _never ever_ have any say in thailand. thank you.

thanks too... for the mantra of "double standards" etc. since weeks reds are in town & we've never heard _any_ policy platform.

there are ppl here i respect for their rational discourse. even though we may differ in opinion.

so, guys... violence & bloodshed is ok, right?

Good post. Of course we don't want violence and bloodshed. Abhisit's ego and lack of patience has shown through. When you sleep with the Army, you tend to get impregnated with the Army's way of thinking, and Abhisit's been attracted to the boys in uniform for quite some time. The people suffer.