Teaching Dutch

naammanow

There is a Thai lady living in Belgium, who speaks excellent Dutch. Your student can maybe use her to get a general intro to the language, the grammar via the internet.

The big difficulty will be the pronounciation. your student might want to prefer to learn the language from Flemish speakers as the don't use the harsh guttural sounds as the northern dutch do.

I'm living in Bkk, but go frequently to CNX. Willing to do rehearsels on pronounciation, live and tapes and if your student has ICQ 5, with their push to talk system.

Website of Thai lady in Brussels: [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

The Yahoo-group Dutchthailand (go to Google and type Dutchthailand) of which many members are present here at Thaivisa as well, might be interesting to check.

It comprises Dutch and Flemish people living in Thailand and many Dutch and Flemish people living in Holland and Belgium with Thai spouses.

Are you referring to the new immigration laws which require some knowledge of the language to enable you to get a residence permit?

How does it work for Thai persons?

The Yahoo-group Dutchthailand (go to Google and type Dutchthailand) of which many members are present here at Thaivisa as well, might be interesting to check.

It comprises Dutch and Flemish people living in Thailand and many Dutch and Flemish people living in Holland and Belgium with Thai spouses.

Are you referring to the new immigration laws which require some knowledge of the language to enable you to get a residence permit?

How does it work for Thai persons?

Thanks will try this. Actually the daughter of one of my Thai friends is going on an exchange scolarship for one year and would like to have a bit of the language under her belt. I am too busy, or I would teach her a bit myself. But will try your suggestion, thanks!