Bk Magazine Online Says La Monita Tops For Bkk Mexican

jfchandler

Charly Brown's is inconsistent, bad service and if you send something back they wait a few minutes then serve you back to same dish that has been microwaved a bit and tell you it's fresh. Also had the misfortune of seeing the manager violently throwing out a small little harmless drunk into the street. :) not a good display and I refuse to even enter the place now.

good Mexican with a great atmosphere has to be Senor Pico in Rembrandt hotel Sukhumvit soi 18. not as cheap as some but a great night, band and all

Edited by VictorMeldrewBKK

Unfortunately, that has been my experience there also...of late...

Didn't have the same experience in my original visits there a couple of years back. But things seem to have taken a turn for the worse at CBs...

The last time I was there a month or so ago with a friend, the place was mostly empty during the dinner hour, and yet the service we received was atrocious and glacially slow. To get anything, had to ask, ask and ask again... And then finally, if we were lucky, someone among the staff would handle our original request...

That, and potato skins served up with creamed cheese... :)

Charley Brown's is inconsistent, bad service and if you send something back they wait a few minutes then serve you back to same dish that has been microwaved a bit and tell you it's fresh.

Unfortunately, that has been my experience there also...of late...

Didn't have the same experience in my original visits there a couple of years back. But things seem to have taken a turn for the worse at CBs...

The last time I was there a month or so ago with a friend, the place was mostly empty during the dinner hour, and yet the service we received was atrocious and glacially slow. To get anything, had to ask, ask and ask again... And then finally, if we were lucky, someone among the staff would handle our original request...

That, and potato skins served up with creamed cheese... :)

Charley Brown's is inconsistent, bad service and if you send something back they wait a few minutes then serve you back to same dish that has been microwaved a bit and tell you it's fresh.

A couple of years ago there was another manager? and yes we had good meals then

Speaking as a former lifelong Californian, I can declare under oath that the carne asada fries at La Monita (which also can be carnitas fries, or al pastor fries, or take your pick) are a tasty, guilty pleasure.

T & S can have pozole... but give me carne asada fries anyday... :D

I do think that and the burritos are among the best things at La Monita... I've tried the tacos there, and they're just fine... but I don't think markedly different or better than Sunrise or T&S...

Everytime I go to La Monita, I promise myself I'm going to branch out and try some other things on their menu, like their torta sandwiches or quesadilla... But every time, my stomach gets the better of me...and I can't resist their burritos and fries... :):D:D

Is La Monita open jf? Accessible? I love those fries too, and will be in Bangkok this weekend to celebrate with some friends and would like to be able to eat there!

Hello SBK... Glad to be of service... :D

AFAIK, yes, La Monita is pretty much operating normally again, notwithstanding the now diminished red activities somewhat nearby.

Generally speaking, they are open on Saturdays but closed on Sundays every week. So plan your weekend accordingly.

Easy access, just a block away from the Ploenchit BTS Station.

They have a Twitter page and their own web site... www.lamonita.com

One of my favorite non-Thai places to eat in Bangkok, based on just the food they serve. :)