4th July Independence Day Celebration

jarhead50200

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
The are no food vendors except for Bud's selling ice cream. All the food is free. It's a BBQ included in the price of the ticket.

YOU AND ALL THE RESIDENTS OF CHIANG MAI AND OUTLYING AREAS ARE INVITED TO THE ANNUAL VFW/US CONSULATE 4TH OF JULY INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION WWW.4JULYCHIANGMAI.COM

FOR THE PRICE OF A TICKET YOU WILL RECEIVE:

ALL YOU CAN EAT DUKES

ENTRY FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF PRIZES

LIVE ENTERTAINMENT AND DANCING

DISNEY STYLE THEME PARK FOR CHILDREN IN ½ OF CHANG PUAK STADIUM

FIREWORKS

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE,

THANK YOU

I didnt know that there was a VFW here. Can you send me the info on membership. I wont be able to make the party. The wife is having a baby and travel will be limited.

IF YOU GO TO YOUR SEARCH ENGINE AND TYPE IN VFW CHIANG MAI AND IT WILL DIRECT YOU TO OUR WEBSITE, VFW POST 12074, WE MEET AT DUKES THE FIRST SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH

I didnt know that there was a VFW here. Can you send me the info on membership. I wont be able to make the party. The wife is having a baby and travel will be limited.

IF YOU GO TO YOUR SEARCH ENGINE AND TYPE IN VFW CHIANG MAI AND IT WILL DIRECT YOU TO OUR WEBSITE, VFW POST 12074, WE MEET AT DUKES THE FIRST SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH

Duke's in The Night Bazaar - upstairs.

~

I would advise caution in this advice as VFW meetings are NOT open to the public!

If people just show up and have not been approved as a special guest, they will not be allowed to attend our meetings.

If you are a member of another VFW Post or a qualified American combat veteran, go to our Post website for information:

www.vfw-chiangmai.org

Dustoff

Webmaster, Chiangmai VFW Post

I would advise caution in this advice as VFW meetings are NOT open to the public!

If people just show up and have not been approved as a special guest, they will not be allowed to attend our meetings.

Just to clarify the above a bit more with the below from the VFW site. I assume it's not necessary to get an invite if you wish to submit your application? I actually have had the application and a copy of DD214 prepared for a while but didn't know how to go about submitting them. :)

"Fill out our Membership Application, print it out and bring to our next meeting along with a copy of your DD-214."

Just to clarify the above a bit more with the below from the VFW site. I assume it's not necessary to get an invite if you wish to submit your application? I actually have had the application and a copy of DD214 prepared for a while but didn't know how to go about submitting them. :)

"Fill out our Membership Application, print it out and bring to our next meeting along with a copy of your DD-214."

An excellent question and I am sorry for my incomplete response.

I am but the webweaver & lifetime member but my take is that our meetings are not open to a general audience,

but any vet with an appropriate DD-214 can simply show up a bit early and be welcomed with open arms.

Our Quartermaster will happily lead you through the membership process and you will find that we are a really fun group of bozos with absolutely altruistic intent.

Come to our 5 June meeting! You are my 'special guest'... :D

We are about being there for veterans and their families/widows - members or not, no matter what country...

Ken/Dustoff

Edited by Dustoff

I respect all US veterans. I am one myself from the VN-US war era.

I do not agree with the political adenda of the VFW.

"Today, we live in an unstable global environment confronted by the ever increasing threat of a long range missile attack from China, North Korea and Iran. The VFW continues to support the development and expeditious deployment of a ballistic missile defense system to protect our nation and allies."

VFW National website.

The VFW should have a fun party and the U.S. Consulate should have a fun party but NOT together.

The VFW has a political axe to grind with which many american loyal veterns do not agree .

The Consul should know better.

I respect all US veterans. I am one myself from the VN-US war era.

I do not agree with the political adenda of the VFW.

Hopefully you will not get the responses you are obviously seeking. This is not the place for it.

Edited by Dustoff