Bars To Watch World Cup?

bangkok blue

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks CMF. Radio Five Live can only come through the internet. As I said I will give it a go this evening.

Hi Guys,

Radio five live not available in Thailand for live matches although the general radio shows are transmitted.

When live stuff is on you just get repeated message that due to local restrictions this portion of the programme not available here.

Most of the Internet stuff is delayed, espn is the main supplier but has a 1 minute plus delay, bowt as much use as a chocolate ashtray.

Fifa basically has shut down virtually every internet live source, any I have tried to sign up to (and have spent money as well!!) has the message, blocked by Fifa until after the world cup.

Thanks Fifa

Watching in HD is awesome though!

Cheers

Richard

@ Tuskers.

I just tried to answer the question myself and went on your homepage!

Its stating the germany-australia game on 9 pm?? but it starts 1.30!

But i will be there and watch it!

cheers

You do remember that SA is about 8 hours behind Thailand right? SA is GMT +2. Thailand GMT +7. Its 1:30 pm here... currently its 9:30 am in SA.

Anyone who finds any bars with decent English commentary please post here, John's place was advertising it outside today, not sure if it's true though. Just over three hours and counting! Can't wait, enjoy everyone!

Bargain Booze has the World Cup in English. They're just up from the Un Irish bar opposite to The Wall restaurant

Did Bargain Booze and Dragonfly Bar have in sync commentary in English with True HD ?

Witherspoons, Soi Diana & Lenkee, A zillion TV's & free finger food.. :D

This is lost on me... these are bars? that have English commentary?

Not sur about it but I think phomsanuk is talking about bars in ... Pattaya

Oh that's useful... in the Chiang Mai forum :)

@ Tuskers.

cheers

You do remember that SA is about 8 hours behind Thailand right? SA is GMT +2. Thailand GMT +7. Its 1:30 pm here... currently its 9:30 am in SA.

7 minus 2 always equaled 5 when i went to school but things have changed quite a bit since then:lol: .

Edited by alfieconn

@ Tuskers.

cheers

?? Southafrica is 5 hours behind and not 8 hours!

and at 1:30 pm its not 9:30 am its 8:30 am in SA!!

Sorry i dont get your point!?

The game is scheduled for 9pm on the 13th in tuskers chiang mai,but the games kickofftome is 1.30 am on the 14th!

Fifa

On this page just Click on this line for local times :

Match times are currently set to local time, please click here to convert to your time zone. tzclocal.gif

Cheers

Richard

Edited by heazille

I was in tuskers last night, a really superb atmosphere, I know where I will be watching the remainder of the world cup. It was a really mixed and friendly crowd, without any hooligan contingent what-so-ever. The owner has done a really good job with decorating the bar and installed a great large screen tv, lots of drink promotions and last night was a really, really enjoyable evening despite the minor audio teething problems mentioned before. Congratulations Tuskers!

I can also recommend the bunny chow (curry inside a hollowed out loaf) which is truly delicious!

In the bar where I watched the first game, they had two screens, one showing TRUE HD and the other on Thai TV ch3, through a TRUE decoder. The images were about 3 seconds apart, which confirmed what I thought beforehand, which was that getting the video and audio from two different sources and having them in sync would be all but impossible. The owner tried the game with just the backgound noise, but there was a better atmosphere when the Thai commentary was opened.

I then tried Dragonfly Bar for the late game. The owner said they had commentary for the opening game, but a customer said it was out of sync and slightly irritating. The late game he had difficulty in getting the audio, so that was shown with just the background noise. It is a small bar and was busy so the crowd noise helped and overall it was quite enjoyable(except for the one guy who was particularly loud, drunk and foul-mouthed - an English teacher, I was told :) ).

Does anyone know what channel on true has thai channel 11 as a tight arse friend of mine wouldn't pay out for HD thinking that he could watch all the games on the Thai channels but can't find channel 11 :) .

Don't know what channel 11 is, but tonights' games are:

South Korea vs Greece - 6:30pm on channel 3 (True channel 1)

Argentina vs Nigeria - 9:00pm on NBT (True channel 5)

England vs USA - 1:30am on channel 3 (True channel 1)

Edited by naboo

No commentary in English.... TIT

Also for twoforthe road.

Got it sorted, VPN connection is working and VLC has built in synchronization so you can set the delay for what you need ie. English commentary in sync. (has taken me all day, now it's time for a nap)

Today it should be perfect :)

Edited by AndersSN

Does anyone know what channel on true has thai channel 11 as a tight arse friend of mine wouldn't pay out for HD thinking that he could watch all the games on the Thai channels but can't find channel 11 :) .

thought it was on channel 3 biggrin.gif

In the bar where I watched the first game, they had two screens, one showing TRUE HD and the other on Thai TV ch3, through a TRUE decoder. The images were about 3 seconds apart, which confirmed what I thought beforehand, which was that getting the video and audio from two different sources and having them in sync would be all but impossible. The owner tried the game with just the backgound noise, but there was a better atmosphere when the Thai commentary was opened.

I then tried Dragonfly Bar for the late game. The owner said they had commentary for the opening game, but a customer said it was out of sync and slightly irritating. The late game he had difficulty in getting the audio, so that was shown with just the background noise. It is a small bar and was busy so the crowd noise helped and overall it was quite enjoyable(except for the one guy who was particularly loud, drunk and foul-mouthed - an English teacher, I was told :) ).

has anyone tried BBC 5 live?

Does anyone know what channel on true has thai channel 11 as a tight arse friend of mine wouldn't pay out for HD thinking that he could watch all the games on the Thai channels but can't find channel 11 :D .

thought it was on channel 3 biggrin.gif

Have to be smart enough to operate a remote. :) The matches are rotated between Thai TV channels 3,5, 7 and 11 so what you may of learned last night you'll have to be retrained tonight.:D

has anyone tried BBC 5 live?

yea that's what I had on for the first game, but synchronization was awful, and they cut it halfway through the second half.

I've got a new technical solution worked out with a friend in the UK, and it works well in my house,, now I'll just have to see if it works in the bar as well.

I know what time it is in Sa and here and i also know how to change the times on the fifa homepage!THX!!

I just wanted to point out a small mistake made by tuskers that confused me!!The schedulded this 2 games wrong!

post-83617-084208600 1276326427_thumb.pn

Sorry, my mistake absolutely. Corrected now.

If there are enough people interested we will happily show the Germany v Australia game. The number of people in at midnight will be the deciding factor. It is long enough day for the staff and they will be working late many times this month. PM me if you are interested in watching this game.

Also for twoforthe road.

Got it sorted, VPN connection is working and VLC has built in synchronization so you can set the delay for what you need ie. English commentary in sync. (has taken me all day, now it's time for a nap)

Well done. I'll pop by again soon.

Hi All,

I'm not affiliated with this bar at all, aside from being a regular, but I know somewhere that is showing the whole World Cup with Radio 5 Live commentary.

They have set up a VPN with good bandwidth, and will be running the 5 Live Commentary alongside the TRUE HD picture on their big screen TV.

Here's the catch, its in San Sai. :) Which is good for those that live out this way in Pimuk/Laguna Home, Land and Homes etc..

31310_10150194367355424_895805423_12462706_3364266_n.jpg

Its called Bamboo Bar, and is about 2 minutes drive from Rimping at MeeChock Plaza.

Nice Expat crowd there most nights.

Again, this is just a heads up for those seeking English Language commentary. I'll be there tonight for the matches.

And again, Im not affiliated at all, Im just a regular there, and I helped them set up the VPN to enable them to get the UK only 5 Live Broadcast. No guarantees on sync issues though. :D Beggars can't be choosers.

Phil

I think this was clearly stated by several posters a couple of weeks ago.

Don't you recall, "100% guarantees over the phone mean absolutely nothing here".

100% guarantees spoken to you face to face can mean nought here too

I think this was clearly stated by several posters a couple of weeks ago.

Don't you recall, "100% guarantees over the phone mean absolutely nothing here".

100% guarantees spoken to you face to face can mean nought here too

Spot on DB

Also for twoforthe road.

Can I ask which VLC are you using? My VPN is running perfect but I want to get the match and commentry in Sync, cheers