Green Iguana

martindavies

Hi Guys,

Have been a reader for a while now and have seen some great advice on this site, has been a real help for my stay here.

I have just retired and moved down to Rayong, which i'm loving :)

My question is that I would like to purchase 2 juvenile Green Iguanas. Does any one know if there is a reptile shop in or around Pats?

I remember a while back there was a lady that sold dogs at the weekend market on Threppasit Road and she always had them, can anyone confirm if she still does? Its a long drive just to check :D

Thanks to anyone that can help my out, and i'm looking forward to becoming a TV regular

Martin

post-103903-1273917471_thumb.jpg

If you do get these lizards...watch your Thai lady friend does not fatten them up for the pot.....They are considered ...AROI in Isaan....!!!

Personally I have not seen lizards for sale in Theprasit market for some time ?

I happened to go there today, they had the lizards. (Not that I'd ever buy anything from that particular woman. She does not appear to be treating the animals she sell with more feeling than if they were blocks of wood. Also there has been many complaints in the past on this forum about animals bought from here just to get very sick and die shortly after).

I happened to go there today, they had the lizards. (Not that I'd ever buy anything from that particular woman. She does not appear to be treating the animals she sell with more feeling than if they were blocks of wood. Also there has been many complaints in the past on this forum about animals bought from here just to get very sick and die shortly after).

Thanks very much for letting me know, I will head down there tomorrow. If the lady has no respect for these animals at least I can offer them a better life :)

Cheers

I remember a few years ago I was in JJ market in Bangkok, where a lot of the animals are not in the best conditions. Anyway, we saw an emaciated Paradise Tree snake in a tank chockablock with big constrictors. I decided I would buy it, nurse it back to health, and then release it, which I eventually did. But whilst the guy in the shop was putting it in a container he managed to stab it in the back with scissors. When I remonstrated he just said he would go get me another! He seemed oblivious to my complaints. I took it anyway. Slightly off topic I know.

If you do get these lizards...watch your Thai lady friend does not fatten them up for the pot.....They are considered ...AROI in Isaan....!!!

Those people will eat anything...bugs, dogs, rotten fish (pla ra) and now apparently lizards...jeez!