More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

I have heard that the highway between the Airport and Pattaya has now been blocked by Red Shirts using 300 trucks, there is also report that the port of Rayong has been taken over as well.

Other reports are of uprisings in the NE, with many 1,000's descending on Bangkok in large convoys of pickups. Plus reports that they are blocking more and more roads to Bangkok.

Can anyone corroborate any of these reports.

This is getting really serious.

You're source please? Or is this just more hyperbol?

Never trust anyone spreading wild rumors who has only posted once. :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that the highway between the Airport and Pattaya has now been blocked by Red Shirts using 300 trucks, there is also report that the port of Rayong has been taken over as well.

Other reports are of uprisings in the NE, with many 1,000's descending on Bangkok in large convoys of pickups. Plus reports that they are blocking more and more roads to Bangkok.

Hence my second question, dad. :D:D:D:D

THANONG:Nation 17 05 2010

The purpose of this post is to quickly impart law-based information to inquiries perplexing some Thais and non-Thais. I reckon this is in the interest of the State and national reconciliation. If possible, please disseminate the information to all across the land.

This is also to remind all Thais (and non-Thais living in Thailand) of our duty to be familiar with our own law. Ignorance is not an excuse. Self-imposed illiteracy is vice, particularly when the nation is under crisis.

NOTE: This post is not contending whether the prescribed law is right or wrong. The data presented are not avowing whether the current law is just or unjust. This is simply to brief Thais and non-Thais to the reality of our Thai law as it presently is.

QUESTION: Can the government freeze bank accounts of anyone residing within Thai territory under Emergency Decree?

ANSWER: Yes.

QUESTION: Does the government have to first obtain permission from the court?

ANSWER: No. That is one arbitrary right of the government under the Emergency Decree. Declaration of Emergency implies that the government can exercise actions which do not need court authorization as long as the actions are sanctioned by law.

Freezing back accounts of suspects the government deems as perpetrators of the national crisis is one arbitrary permit. The caveat is simply that there is sufficient reason to consider them as suspects assisting or perpetrating the crimes against the State.

QUESTION: If the government or security forces believe I am a perpetrator, can they also arrest me without a court-issued warrant?

QUESTION: Do I not have any right to resist or defend myself?

ANSWER: No – at least not at that particular moment in time. Your only right – under that particular moment – is to surrender to the arrest. If you are placed under detention, you only right – under that particular moment – is to comply. You can file the appeals later with the court, if you consider the government or security forces behaved outside the confines of law under the Emergency Decree.

QUESTION: Can the security forces execute me if I resist?

ANSWER: That depends on the nature of your resistance:

If you use a non-penetrating weapon to fight the security forces (e.g., batons, clubs, sticks, nunchaks - or even empty hand strikes such as punching or kicking), the security forces can counter with a constraining force (i.e., beat you into submission or take you down using any mechanisms to accomplish this end - just short of actually killing you).

If you use a penetrating weapon (e.g, knife, spear, sword, guns or grenades), the security forces can counter with lethal force (kill you right on the spot).

QUESTION: What if I throw stones or use slingshots?

ANSWER: Objects based on propelled trajectories are commonly though loosely classified as penetrating weapons. Thus, throwing stones or using slingshots can legally be countered by the security forces with lethal (deadly) force.

QUESTION: What if I just fight empty-handed?

ANSWER: Two elements are generally considered with respect empty-hand resistance. One is the actual physical assault itself. The other is the “intent” of the empty-hand assault.

If the intent of the fist strike, elbow strike, knee strike, leg strike or even a head-butt is viewed as to “kill or severely injure” the security troops, the troops can counter with lethal force. If the strike is viewed as merely to detract the troops from advancing, then the troops are expected to just counter with constraining force.

QUESTION: Going strictly by the penal codes, can the security forces then execute me right on the spot if I just strike them with my fist or elbow or knee or leg or head butt - or even just throw stones or use slingshots at them?

ANSWER: If the security forces view your empty-hand strikes or stones or slingshots as with intent to “kill or severely injure”, then yes – they can constitutionally and legally kill you right on the spot during an Emergency Decree.

QUESTION: So what should a person do when the region is under Emergency Decree?

ANSWER: Do what the government and the security forces tell you. Avoid confrontation with them at all times. Stay out of their path. If they arrest you, do not resist. If they place you under detention, follow their dictates until you can subsequently file the appeal with the court.

In other words, understand the law and use common sense. This also means that – under Emergency Decree – it is stark stupidity to claim “But I did not use a gun or grenade or knife or sward or spear. I was only fighting with my bare hands or just throwing stones or using slingshots.” Illiterates of law commonly do that.

Despite all the legal niceties, I think if approached by a group of armed soldier in a 3rd world country, one can guess what one should do. I hope that the army is as restrained as it can be and simply rounds up as many people as it can. That said, do they want thousands of red protesters in prison with the 6 month clock ticking to get out?

They may still shoot you anyway, but if you raise a finger against them, don't be surprised.

It's hard to go for an appeal if you are dead.

What a disgusting slur on the brave journalists who are risking their lives on the ground.

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2...e-killing-zone/

If they are risking their lives, why not report the truth

instead of the crao they are reporting.

Unarmed by back side, see previous page with pics. of

protestors with guns, sorry terrorists with guns

Let me guess ..... fake reds ....whatever

That's what they do. It's just inconvenient that the truth doesn't correlate with your fantasies, so you try to discredit the messengers.

Congratulations, transformation now complete

Your are now 100% brainwashed

Why don't you take a stroll down to klong toey

and help the citizens there destroy their own neighborhoods?

Funny/sad thing is when this is all said and done, wealthy developers

will move and take over, build large condos that the current citizens

there will not be able to afford.

All in the name of what?

sorry all in the name of who?

The rightwing lean from this site is shameful.

This site allows any calls for death against the reds but deletes all posts critical of the current leadership.

Have you moderators no pride.

Sick stuff here.

You are like ketchum fetchum kissing the masta slave holders.

New name for Thaivisa forum.

Thai rightwingtrash post board.

Kill all the reds say you--then you laugh.

Sick

You are wrong about this site and the moderation team. You are wrong about where each of these groups fall on the political continuum, and you are wrong that people are calling for the killing of all the reds. Your post is only meant to inflame and brings a first post ignore from me. Congratulations, that's a new record.

Like we all should care if you pay attention to us.

Get a life.

Day pass?

I see that the reds are unarmed as their leaders continually state.

post-6428-1274059206_thumb.jpg

post-6428-1274059224_thumb.jpg

I too wonder why CNN and BBC refuse to show this side as well.

These pistols are for shooting rats on the farm wont be accurate after 20 mtrs. I have been waiting 4 days for somebody to show me a link to reds with M16s.

Never trust anyone spreading wild rumors who has only posted once. :D

And the Martians have landed and established a roadblock on behalf of the reds on Sukhumvit near Soi Cowboy ……… they are reported to have pointed bamboo sticks and some strange red glob as weapons ..... turned out the red glob was bullshit collected from the reds over the past weeks ...... careful if contact is made with the red glob, you will suffer an immediate lobotomy

Keep it coming :)

This <deleted> forgot to justify murdering someone dancing around waving a flag about in the air.

The Ronin are NOT playing by the rules, so they will just kill anyone that suit's their purposes, such as the person you mentioned.

Edited by whybother

These pistols are for shooting rats on the farm wont be accurate after 20 mtrs. I have been waiting 4 days for somebody to show me a link to reds with M16s.

Just because these pistols are not accurate, doesn't make them not lethal.

Did you miss the video of the black shirt with the M16 yesterday. Went around the corner, a few shots heard, runs back and the video catches the gun.

Hence my second question, dad. :D:D:D:D

Not my beef this one but here goes. A long time friend told me on his way back from Korat to Khon Kaen 6 days ago he passed, going in the Bangkok direction, 400-500 vehicles carrying red shirts. At police road blocks police appeared to be stopping them, asking for driving license and saying on yer way. Tend to believe my friends estimation, he worked in army logistics b4 retirement...so he can count

What a disgusting slur on the brave journalists who are risking their lives on the ground.

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2...e-killing-zone/

If they are risking their lives, why not report the truth

instead of the crao they are reporting.

Unarmed by back side, see previous page with pics. of

protestors with guns, sorry terrorists with guns

Let me guess ..... fake reds ....whatever

That's what they do. It's just inconvenient that the truth doesn't correlate with your fantasies, so you try to discredit the messengers.

Congratulations, transformation now complete

Your are now 100% brainwashed

Why don't you take a stroll down to klong toey

and help the citizens there destroy their own neighborhoods?

Funny/sad thing is when this is all said and done, wealthy developers

will move and take over, build large condos that the current citizens

there will not be able to afford.

All in the name of what?

sorry all in the name of who?

I would tend to agree with the second part of your last post, but you are still behaving like a prick wrt international journalists and their honest on-the-ground reports of the current situation. What is actually happening and what you would like the rest of the world to think is actually happening are two very different things. And no amount of ranting on TV will change that.

wait no more

this might be a non army issue AK47 though

so not stolen from army, bought in........

post-45550-1274064123_thumb.jpg

This <deleted> forgot to justify murdering someone dancing around waving a flag about in the air.

The Ronin are NOT playing by the rules, so they will just kill anyone that suit's their purposes, such as the person you mentioned.

Congrats. You just gave up your forum credibility.

Did you miss the video of the black shirt with the M16 yesterday. Went around the corner, a few shots heard, runs back and the video catches the gun.

saw the video. what make of weapon was it. Not sure that was an M16. Did he fire the shots?. I dont deny they have some weapons but the government is portraying the reds to be armed to the teeth with military hardware. They cannot justify their actions to me

here are some stills from that video

post-45550-1274064261_thumb.jpg

I would tend to agree with the second part of your last post, but you are still behaving like a prick wrt international journalists and their honest on-the-ground reports of the current situation. What is actually happening and what you would like the rest of the world to think is actually happening are two very different things. And no amount of ranting on TV will change that.

Journalists are not reporting the truth

CNN and BBC are reporting what makes people watch

Agree to disagree

Gun’s ? of course the reds have guns as is proven without a daubed and they have M79 grenades and launchers and one thing, a Molotov cocktail is a very dangerous weapon. I never understand when the media claims “they only had rocks, slingshots and Molotov cocktails ……. Ask some of the soldiers (not only here but in general) that have been set alight by Molotov cocktails …. Not very amusing

Home made bombs … sounds harmless eh ? this is exactly what Al Queda uses in their roadside bombing campaigns – ask some of the soldiers who came home in body bags about the dangers of “home made bombs”

By the way, as I know from a recent case, possession of a “home made bomb” carries a sentence of 10 to life in Thailand using it ups the ante somewhat

saw the video. what make of weapon was it. Not sure that was an M16. Did he fire the shots?. I dont deny they have some weapons but the government is portraying the reds to be armed to the teeth with military hardware. They cannot justify their actions to me

''They cannot justify their actions to me''

we are wasting our time with you then

no more videos and stills for you........

TNN: Reporter confirms a RPG was used against the Dusit Thani Hotel. Shows all the journalists in the basement

So where have the peaceful demonstators suddenly acquired RPG 7s from? Or were they stockpiled on the protests site from the beginning in full awareness of where this was meant to lead?

Looking out my window at the office here I can see thick clouds of smoke coming up from Rama IV. Looks like it's coming from somewhere around the Bon Kai or Sathorn intersection. Stay away from there if you can.

Not my beef this one but here goes. A long time friend told me on his way back from Korat to Khon Kaen 6 days ago he passed, going in the Bangkok direction, 400-500 vehicles carrying red shirts. At police road blocks police appeared to be stopping them, asking for driving license and saying on yer way. Tend to believe my friends estimation, he worked in army logistics b4 retirement...so he can count

Huh :)

Looking out my window at the office here I can see thick clouds of smoke coming up from Rama IV. Looks like it's coming from somewhere around the Bon Kai or Sathorn intersection. Stay away from there if you can.

More peaceful demonstrations?

The purpose of this post is to quickly impart law-based information to inquiries perplexing some Thais and non-Thais. I reckon this is in the interest of the State and national reconciliation. If possible, please disseminate the information to all across the land.

This is also to remind all Thais (and non-Thais living in Thailand) of our duty to be familiar with our own law. Ignorance is not an excuse. Self-imposed illiteracy is vice, particularly when the nation is under crisis.

NOTE: This post is not contending whether the prescribed law is right or wrong. The data presented are not avowing whether the current law is just or unjust. This is simply to brief Thais and non-Thais to the reality of our Thai law as it presently is.

QUESTION: Can the government freeze bank accounts of anyone residing within Thai territory under Emergency Decree?

ANSWER: No. That is one arbitrary right of the government under the Emergency Decree. Declaration of Emergency implies that the government can exercise actions which do not need court authorization as long as the actions are sanctioned by law.

Freezing back accounts of suspects the government deems as perpetrators of the national crisis is one arbitrary permit. The caveat is simply that there is sufficient reason to consider them as suspects assisting or perpetrating the crimes against the State.

QUESTION: If the government or security forces believe I am a perpetrator, can they also arrest me without a court-issued warrant?

ANSWER: No – at least not at that particular moment in time. Your only right – under that particular moment – is to surrender to the arrest. If you are placed under detention, you only right – under that particular moment – is to comply. You can file the appeals later with the court, if you consider the government or security forces behaved outside the confines of law under the Emergency Decree.

If you use a non-penetrating weapon to fight the security forces (e.g., batons, clubs, sticks, nunchaks - or even empty hand strikes such as punching or kicking), the security forces can counter with a constraining force (i.e., beat you into submission or take you down using any mechanisms to accomplish this end - just short of actually killing you).

If you use a penetrating weapon (e.g, knife, spear, sword, guns or grenades), the security forces can counter with lethal force (kill you right on the spot).

ANSWER: Objects based on propelled trajectories are commonly though loosely classified as penetrating weapons. Thus, throwing stones or using slingshots can legally be countered by the security forces with lethal (deadly) force.

ANSWER: Two elements are generally considered with respect empty-hand resistance. One is the actual physical assault itself. The other is the “intent” of the empty-hand assault.

If the intent of the fist strike, elbow strike, knee strike, leg strike or even a head-butt is viewed as to “kill or severely injure” the security troops, the troops can counter with lethal force. If the strike is viewed as merely to detract the troops from advancing, then the troops are expected to just counter with constraining force.

QUESTION: Going strictly by the penal codes, can the security forces then execute me right on the spot if I just strike them with my fist or elbow or knee or leg or head butt - or even just throw stones or use slingshots at them?

ANSWER: If the security forces view your empty-hand strikes or stones or slingshots as with intent to “kill or severely injure”, then yes – they can constitutionally and legally kill you right on the spot during an Emergency Decree.

ANSWER: Do what the government and the security forces tell you. Avoid confrontation with them at all times. Stay out of their path. If they arrest you, do not resist. If they place you under detention, follow their dictates until you can subsequently file the appeal with the court.

In other words, understand the law and use common sense. This also means that – under Emergency Decree – it is stark stupidity to claim “But I did not use a gun or grenade or knife or sward or spear. I was only fighting with my bare hands or just throwing stones or using slingshots.” Illiterates of law commonly do that.

Timekeeper we all owe you a lot of thanks

you have cleared up a lot of miss information

If you do not like the law change it

but as long as it is the law we must all obey it or suffer the consequences

Red shirts say "We haven't committed a crime. What we did was fail to comply with the law."

As of 7 A.M., 35 Confirmed Dead, 244 Injured

UPDATE : 17 May 2010

The latest number of injuries and deaths from the Erawan Emergency Center as of 7 A.M. Monday morning indicate that at least 244 peopled have been injured during the 3 days of unrest.

Of that number, 13 still in ICU. 35 deaths with as many as eight yesterday alone.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/tan/ViewData...?DataID=1029301

As of 7 A.M., 35 Confirmed Dead, 244 Injured

UPDATE : 17 May 2010

The latest number of injuries and deaths from the Erawan Emergency Center as of 7 A.M. Monday morning indicate that at least 244 peopled have been injured during the 3 days of unrest.

Of that number, 13 still in ICU. 35 deaths with as many as eight yesterday alone.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/tan/ViewData...?DataID=1029301

So tragic. Very sad and so unnecessary. :)

So a guy runs around the corner with a gun. Shots are heard very close by. And that doesn't justify the army's actions? <deleted>.

Even if you saw a video of a red shooting point blank and killing a soldier, you'd just come out with something like "the army shouldn't be there".

TNN: Reporter confirms a RPG was used against the Dusit Thani Hotel. Shows all the journalists in the basement

So where have the peaceful demonstators suddenly acquired RPG 7s from? Or were they stockpiled on the protests site from the beginning in full awareness of where this was meant to lead?

i have said all along this will not be over until the stock pile of munitions buried in Lumpini park is all used up

the peaceful reds would have a PR nightmare if the government found them and showed them to the world press

or maybe they would be fake guns, fake grenades, fake RPG, fake M16, fake AK47 's buried by fake reds ........

or planted by the govermement who sneaked behind enemy lines, under fire and put them there without anyone noticing....

Mods - I suggest this post is stickied somewhere where people can find it rather than have it buried among the bullshit.

The rightwing lean from this site is shameful.

This site allows any calls for death against the reds but deletes all posts critical of the current leadership.

Have you moderators no pride.

Sick stuff here.

You are like ketchum fetchum kissing the masta slave holders.

New name for Thaivisa forum.

Thai rightwingtrash post board.

Kill all the reds say you--then you laugh.

Sick

wow a new red player...

you know the moneys been frozen don't you?

Same parrot. I wish they had some IP address filter.