Htc Desire

eyes

Order from bask1.com instead, then you don't have all those cheating problems. Easy. :)

And yes you can get official Desire now. Check any official HTC shop, for example Jayphone. But it is "hacked" to Thai standard with Thai keyboard etc. And you will have to wait a couple of months before they are ready with the FroYo update which the standard Desire already had last weekend.

Edited by Phil Conners

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes you can get official Desire now. Check any official HTC shop, for example Jayphone. But it is "hacked" to Thai standard with Thai keyboard etc. And you will have to wait a couple of months before they are ready with the FroYo update which the standard Desire already had last weekend.

htcthailand.com says Froyo is launched as of today? [Google Translate is a bit....hmm]

Latest News. > HTC with Desire and Upgrade Rom 2.2.Upgrade Rom 2.2 with HTC Desire ago.

30 August 53 at noon will be approximately 2 Upgrade rom Version 2.2 (Froyo) on HTC Desire will be prompted when connecting. Internet to perform the Upgrade Rom.

htcthailand.com says Froyo is launched as of today?

I just checked a little earlier today on my phone and it is indeed ready for download on my Thai edition Desire.

Tops! Apologies if I'm too drunk and missed it if answer already given in this thread, but anyone have suggestions where to buy the Thai version online?

Gray imports available in Bangkok, not yet in Pattaya. See http://www.thaivisa....es-t339912.html for more details.

Silverex: All over the place in Pattaya? Please tell me where!

Phil...Phil...giving out bad info...I bought mine at Jay-Mart at Central Beach PATTAYA a few weeks ago...cost about B 21k.

Like anothertorres pointed out, that post was back in May. Back then that was the situation. Still today you can get the Desire from Bask1 for under 20k. The model is the real, standard, unlocked, not-locally-hacked-to-Thai-version, causing another month wait for updates....

• 1 month later...

Order from bask1.com instead, then you don't have all those cheating problems. Easy. :)

I tried to go through them today.. told them I wanted a Thailand version HTC Desire with a Thailand warranty. They told me they had it, would deliver, etc.. but when pressed to make sure the Thailand warranty was included he admitted it wasn't a Thailand model. He said he imports them from Singapore.

This one was for someone who didn't want to worry about warranty or getting it repaired in Hua Hin if necessary.. so we ended up going through the AIS store for 1000 baht more. It came with a Thailand warranty.

The ground floor, doubles as a Sony shop. Have a real attitude problem. There is also an unauthorized dealer on first floor dabbling in HTC Android phones, just on top of the up-escalator, but they are even worse with their prices started at 200% over the SRP. With a bit of luck you'll negotiate yourself down to only pay 20% over the SRP.

Suggest you try the Jay Phone shop in Central if you must buy it in Pattaya.

That's an incredible price. Android phones go second hand for prices very little under new price due to the high demand.

If something sounds too good to be true it usually is.

The phone number given for contact "does not exist"...

Edited by Phil Conners

The ground floor, doubles as a Sony shop. Have a real attitude problem. There is also an unauthorized dealer on first floor dabbling in HTC Android phones, just on top of the up-escalator, but they are even worse with their prices started at 200% over the SRP. With a bit of luck you'll negotiate yourself down to only pay 20% over the SRP.

That's an incredible price. Android phones go second hand for prices very little under new price due to the high demand.

Thank you for your reply - if not Pattaya where do you suggest to buy a Desire please ?

Thank you for your reply - if not Pattaya where do you suggest to buy a Desire please ?

I would buy it from bask1.com again. I don't care if it comes with a Thai warranty. My experience with warranties in Thailand is not very good anyway, and I've never heard of anyone needing to get a phone repaired under warranty (usually people drop the phone, or lose it in water or something like that, not covered by the warranty anyway).

Otherwise, AFAIK Jayphone is a national chain. You should be able to find one in any of the better malls throughout Thailand.

Why not check with HTC Thailand...there are official sales channels. Just Google them.

Bought mine from Jay-Mart at Central Beach, Pattaya, a few months ago. Very helpful and friendly staff...don't know about pricing...but like I said, not a big deal for me.

• 2 months later...

It doesn't have anything to do with whether they are "grey market" or not. My "grey market" Desire came with an Amoled screen but since then there has been a shortage of Amoled screens for quite some time so some manufacturers have had to replace them with standard screens.

• 10 months later...

Hello,

Can you confirm that HTC Desire S doesn't work with AIS 12call in Thailand ? Because Ais is working on 900 and the Desire S phone only works on 850 ?

Thank for info.

pretty sure the Desire S will work just fine with AIS. should definitely work with 2G. these are the Desire S specs:

2G Network 	GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network 	HSDPA 900 / 2100 

as per AIS website:

- 3G service is offered on 3G900 MHz frequency platform spanning Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Nakornpathom, Samutprakan, Chiangmai, Chiangrai, Konkaen, Nakornratchasima, Chonburi, Phuket, Songkhla, Cha-um, Huahin and Pranburi.

-The AIS 1-2-Call Thai mobile network operates at 900Mhz, which means that it will work fine with all Australian or European mobile phones.

do you know what country the Desire S originates from? it's not from the US, is it? anyway, the Desire S runs on 900, you should have no problems. i owned the straight Desire for a year that was bought in HK. pretty sure they are the same band coverage on all the Desire versions.

on edit: ok, the Desire and the Desire S are the same innards. pretty sure it works like a beast. 3G? not too sure. AIS didn't have 3G here when i had the Desire.

Edited by anothertorres

Sorry but you are wrong.

3G of Desire S sold in Thailand works on 850 Mhz, not 900. So it doesn't work on AIS 12call network (for 3G).

The problem seems to be Dtac who brought this phone here to use its own 3g network (850 mhz).

if you knew the answer, why did you ask in the first place? i'd be interested to know the origin of these Thai versions. do you know where the dealers are getting these 850-only models?

ok, so from the HTC Thailand website:

ระบบเครือข่าย4

HSPA/WCDMA: 850/2100 MHz
   GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

so, would work 2G/EDGE no problems. 3G is a bust. dude, i'm always right. ask me anything ;)

The HSPA/WCDMA is 3G and the Desire will work on DTAC 3G networks and True networks where available as they use 850 but not with AIS which uses 900. DTAC doesn't determine the frequencies allocated to specific phones so can't put the blame on them that HTC is using 850. ;)