Do Other Farangs Acknowledge You In Public?

KunMatt

I do believe that this is now page seven of the regurgitated original thread, is it not?

It is, which just means that it was a justified thread as nobody had replied to the other thread you always refererence in over a year.

Im sure the point of a community forum is for members to post and discuss their views which this thread has encouraged so what is your problem now?

You claim to be a "boundary pusher" but all you really are is a miserable old git with nothing better to do but to complain and beef in many threads. I only seem to see posts from arguing with other members about their posts! If anything needs to be moderated its your behaviour on this board and the erroneous replies you constantly litter this forum with.

wow, abusing another poster AGAIN, not everyone shares your narrow mindedness, accept it and move on, you come across as some sort of chav

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make a point of greeting other farang with a wai, and introducing myself

"Me khun cowboy you me same same"

Don't we all?

SC

Most farang i meet look in awe drop to their knees and wai me.. then if i am in a good mood i acknowledge the groveling fool with a nod... if not i just ignore them and check their gf out.

Now in all earnest, i do notice other farangs because i live away from tourist area's but i dont always acknowledge them it depends on the situation and who.

I made a point of limiting my acknowledgment of passing westerners after the following exchange few years ago in Tesco.

Brit bloke: Hello mate! Aren't you Paul who drinks in the Number 1 bar? "

Me: No, sorry.

Brit bloke: Yes you are!

Me: " No sorry mate I think you've got the wrong bloke"

Brit bloke: Well who's Paul then?"

I just walked off.

I made a point of limiting my acknowledgment of passing westerners after the following exchange few years ago in Tesco.

I just walked off.

Did that really happen.. cant imagine someone being that stupid not even a Brit :D

Mate I could write a book. All my weird western encounters seem to happen in Tesco. Must be built on a leyline or something.

Last year there was this Brit at the checkout. Scruffy scrawny bastard. The boy on the till (obviously new) made a mess up of his bill by putting some of the following person's items on the Brit's bill. He started getting a bit panicky then trying to rectify it. The Brit looked at me, grinned like a loon and made an imaginary gun with his finger before pointing it at the hapless lad and going "BANG!"

<deleted>.

Edited by mca

I just walked off.

Did that really happen.. cant imagine someone being that stupid not even a Brit :D

So anyway, who's Paul?

SC

Well, I am usualy a friendly guy and give anybody, special other "falangs" a greeting smile and a hello, when nearby.

Seldom it comes to more than that and maybe good so.

Last weekend, I was in the Kfc Rest. of the Chayaphum city LOTUS, my young boy and his friend played upstairs in the childrens corner,

so I ate alone.

A Westerner came in, I was sitting near the door and approached me at my table with, "Hot, so hot here!"

It seemed he wanted to talk, he sat down on my table to cool down with the Aircon as he said, did nothing order.

He was a German, in his early 60is and as I was Austrian the talking was easy.

After some small talk he talked about that he is here in Chayaphum for a visit, staying in a friends appartement who would come in some days.

He said his bag had been stolen with his money, Atm cards and mobile.

Later he asked if I could help him with some money, 600-1000 Baht?

He was dressed well, nothing out of order, was fresh shaved, only the teeth were completely over the hill!

I tried to talk me out of that situation, but he knew always some reason why it could be same he said.

Now later, with more time for thinking, I realise, some answers to my questions could be challenged.

Anyway, I gave him the 1.000 B. also I felt I throw now 1.000 B. away.

He later came up to the childrens playground and food corner and drank a softdrink, paid with my card there.

He even went to my car and helped me with my shopping.

We changed notes with our names, e-mail add. and my Bankaccount and ?

Now a by by, to my money?

Until now, 3 weeks? no money on my Bankaccount. The outcome, if a guy in possible real trouble approaches me next time, it will be a NO, NO!

I should have known better, coming back now to Chayaphum. Will I see him again?

Baawk rao. :lol:

Can be very dangerous to smile back, there are a lot of weirdos out there.

You make eye contact and the next moment you have some <deleted> telling you his complete life history.

His wife has run away and taken the house and his 8 kids.

He was a fighter pilot till 8 years ago, but has not worked since.

He only has 500 dollars left to his name.

and then he starts talking politics..

Go Away !!!

Most people are not like that, but it has happened to me twice in the past month!

(edit: both times in Pattaya)

Oh, I'm mortified! I thought it was two different blokes I was speaking to. My apologies for repeating myself.

Mind, I suppose you've got to hand it to the woman - certainly, with shoulders like that, you;d be wise to. THere's not every chick can run off with 8 kids and a house as well..

I've spent the 500 bucks now, but luckily my influential friends in Thailand have said they'll bail me out - one is a friend of a former prime minister - if you can just see your way to lending me a couple of fivers till the boat comes in....

SC

Do other farangs acknowledge me in public? Sometimes and sometimes not. Because I've posted photos of myself and I don't hide who I am I get the occasional person who recognizes me. Some say hello and others just nod. I smile at everyone... Thai or farang. It's easy enough to see who doesn't want to be bothered and I won't poke myself in places I'm not wanted. If I'm in a bar and someone wants to talk then I'll listen. If I have something better to do I'll just pleasantly say good bye. I can't say I've ever had a problem in Thailand in 14 years. I can't say the same about the Philippines. I've heard all the scams and spams, so I'm not about to invest in something I don't want. A smile doesn't cost you anything.

Do other farangs acknowledge me in public? Sometimes and sometimes not. Because I've posted photos of myself and I don't hide who I am I get the occasional person who recognizes me. Some say hello and others just nod. I smile at everyone... Thai or farang. It's easy enough to see who doesn't want to be bothered and I won't poke myself in places I'm not wanted. If I'm in a bar and someone wants to talk then I'll listen. If I have something better to do I'll just pleasantly say good bye. I can't say I've ever had a problem in Thailand in 14 years. I can't say the same about the Philippines. I've heard all the scams and spams, so I'm not about to invest in something I don't want. A smile doesn't cost you anything.

Agreed.