kayo

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chasing Amy.

I saw Fi today, as I might have seen her in my dreams, and as she has many times before appeared in the years of my life. She was one of the first passions I had as a teenager and I never fell out of my enamoration, if not infatuation.

She and I have been friends for over 12 years and never have we lost touch for long, although we may only see eachother once every 4 years, 5 or six....

Yet every visit, every encounter, my breath is taken from me as she enters a room, for as surely as the sun shall rise every morning, and as positively as do birds fly every change of season, so does she appear every time, angelic, purer than life itself.

She was walking down the street today as I opened the great big wooden portals of the bar this morning - ambling, browsing the "chalinas" -brightly coloured scarfs - and handbags, the c.d.`s and necklaces of Panajachel´s Khao San Road.

It was a moment. One of those moments that just sort of smacks you in the face spontaneously, and remains engrained, burned upon the mind.

It was not Fi, of course. Just some other tourist.

Melancholy.

not sure... The indigenous tend to be married by thirteen or so, but we don´t even need to go there. 17 is alright.

Well it's time we married her off then.... :o

Well you did ask me where to find you a nice Latino boy, remember Icey? I thought you'd be happy ... it was meant to be a surprise :D

not sure... The indigenous tend to be married by thirteen or so, but we don´t even need to go there. 17 is alright.

Well you did ask me where to find you a nice Latino boy, remember Icey? I thought you'd be happy ... it was meant to be a surprise :D

They were going to tell you on the day Ice.... :D

totster :D

They were going to tell you on the day Ice.... :D

totster :D

I'd wouldn't give up being single :D

I'm just a commitment phobe, right Maddy? :D