Vinyl To Cd

neilf

Do you have a record player?

If so you can get a box and software that will convert to a digital signal and burn on to CD yourself. A friend of mine did this back in the UK is the only reason I know, but not in detail I'm afraid.

Unlikely to be available here, so look for mail order.

You will need a turntable that can be plugged into your computer with a usb plug. Then u can use a programme that allows the conversion . I think Nero has a programme for this but there are others that are freebies if you look at C-Net or similar.

You will need a turntable that can be plugged into your computer with a usb plug. Then u can use a programme that allows the conversion . I think Nero has a programme for this but there are others that are freebies if you look at C-Net or similar.

thanks guys but no hab turntable / record player

You need one of these. Less than 1000 baht if you can get a hold on one.

Not all turntables have a built in pre-amplifier(which is necessary for your application), this has one.

This Numark is more widely available and connects directly to your computer vis USB. Around 4000 baht new.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

In the UK there is a record player- brand name ION that does the job ( haven't seen one here ). If you know someone going there get them to pick one up for you. The price will be on the internet. Try PC World website.

I have one that does audio tapes back home.

You do need a computer as well.

In the UK there is a record player- brand name ION that does the job ( haven't seen one here ). If you know someone going there get them to pick one up for you. The price will be on the internet. Try PC World website.

I have one that does audio tapes back home.

You do need a computer as well.

just download the albums you want from the internet, you already bought the album so i don't see anything illegal, you can do a search on thepiratebay.org, mod may delete this link, don't see why as the site is not illegal and as you already own the music your downloading is not illegal either,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I also have a usb device on my comp that I convert VHS tapes to DVD for people, It does analog coversion of both sound and video to digital, it can be used for sound only

Edited by smedly

In 2004, before I left the UK to come and live in Pattaya, I digitised over 200 vinyl albums. I had already bought an iRiver media player, and conveniently it could record directly from my stereo system, either via the headphone plug or digitally via an optical cable. It allowed me to record in several formats, including MP3 and WAV. I chose WAV, as it's lossless and it was easy enough on my PC to then convert the large WAV files into smaller MP3 versions for convenience. If you've got a non-Apple media player check the manual, it might be able to do the same thing. Of course, you would still need a stereo system with turntable. Also nowadays there are lossless compressed formats, like Monkey's Audio APE files, which would make life easier and need less disc space than clunky old WAV files. After recording them, I used Sony Sound Forge to edit the WAV files, remove any major cracks and bounces, and get rid of background hiss if it was annoying. You can then simply slice and dice the WAV file into the individual tracks from the album, and once that's done convert them into MP3 format as required. Recording the music digitally is relatively simple, the real work comes after with the sound editor to get the music as you like it. If you don't like Sony Sound Forge, which is full-featured professional level software, you could also try the free WavePad editor from the Australian NCH software company.

Is it worth it? With all the resources available on the internet, and moderately fast internet being common in Pattaya, a lot of people will say that it's really only worth the effort for rare albums that would be difficult, if not impossible, to find online. I've found, though, that unless a 'new' CD version (that you would usually find online) of an original vinyl album has been specifically remastered for digital, the CD copy is often inferior to the original vinyl version. There's been a huge amount of argument about this issue over the years, with some audiophiles from the very start of CD claiming that the music quality was inferior. It's probably why so much fuss is made by the record companies about 'new versions' that have been digitally remastered - it's well worth doing, but why didn't they do it in the first place, instead of just taking the old vinyl masters and recording them straight onto CD with its different frequency response? If you're into classical music, you will probably notice the difference in quality even more (i.e. vinyl being better than a 'new' recording on CD), and properly digitally remastered versions of your old classical albums are less likely to be available online than your favourite old pop or rock music, I'd guess. So I would still do it, apart from popular music which has been digitally remastered and is readily available online.