90 Day Report - Early?

Anyone done a 90 day report earlier than '7 days before'?

I use the Jomtien office and have to be with a relative having a serious operation in the south of Thailand and will be away from Jomtien for the 14 day report window.

I will ask immigration later this week but just wondered if anyone had done so for a legitimate reason.

I dont think Jomtien office allow postal reporting.

I would be looking to report 11 days before the actual 90 days.

Edited by pontious

Reporting by mail is allowed by law, and thus they should accept it and by registered mail they will have no choice. Note that you can also send someone else to do your 90 day report for you, but that might require your passport.

I don't know if Jomtien has problems with reporting by mail.

There are plenty immigration offices in the South as well. If nothing else works then report to the nearest immigration office down there and tell them, why you are there and not in Jomtien. If they refuse then get a picture taken in front of said immigration office holding up a Thai-Rath-copy of the day; this usually does the trick. Latter only necessary if nothing else works. Crossing the border (into Malaysia) or any airport with immigration can do the same, just in case!

The following link lists all offices in the South; a phone call prior to going there might help: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=south

Belated thank you to Mario and Sydebolle for your replies - I have just visited Chonburi Immigration.

1.Can I report by post - No Chonburi office do not accept postal reporting.

2. Can I report 11 days early - Yes not a problem

For Mario - Not sure what they would do if they recieve a registered envelope report? It might cost Bht 2000 to find out!

P