Maxnet/3Bb Limiting Internet Access In Thailand

phpbangkok

in jomtien , soi chaiyapruek 3BB premier 3mb/1mb...

from today cannot play any game or connect to steam

but i have acces "https" for gmail etc

Also in Soi Chaiyapruek . Using VPN and proxy servers to get my torrents working. Could be that 3BB are blocking UDP which would explain online games and streaming having problems....a dam_n stupid thing to do if they are. Why do ISP's in Thailand seem to do their testing on live servers !!!! :annoyed:

Edited by eltelboy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday 11pm Pattaya, Triple T Premier

SMTP outgoing email blocked

FTP blocked

https is ok at least to Wiki & google

UPDATE:

And magically by 11:10pm

everything unblocked and racing along

Edited by melonf

I cannot connect to my VPN through a pptp connection. I'm on 3bb. I'm able to connect to my VPN through my AIS 3G dongle so it's 3bb blocking it or something. Frustrating!

My VPN is now working...give it another try. What an absolute balls up this 3BB company are, there have been so many problems over the last month or so.

Edited by eltelboy

Lots of trouble resolving many domain names. Normally using Google DNS but it times out. Changed to OpenDNS, that also times out. Suggests 3BB now blocking 3rd party DNS servers :annoyed:

Unfortunately the problem does not disappear when using the 3BB DNS.

Some major trouble in their network. My connection is very unstable, slow, many drop offs....very annoying as I need it for my work.

Most of us experiencing the recent 3BB service issues appear to have "Premier" accounts. Before 3BB changed their package descriptions, they recommended Premier accounts for things like VoIP, bittorrent, online gaming, etc...the things that are not working well or at all now for many of us now. The new, 5 MB 2,500 baht Premier package does not mention these things anymore. All it says about Premier accounts now (per Google translation): "For those who have broadband Internet experience. And to increase efficiency of use.". Very meaningful! It's as if any of us NOT with this new 5 MB Premier account are experiencing the crappy, filtered service most people get with an Indy package. Could this be a brilliant marketing attempt to get all of the 1,100 baht 3 MB Premier account holders to upgrade to 2,500 baht 5 MB? Is the 3BB marketing department smart enough to figure something like that out? Probably not.

I cannot connect to my VPN through a pptp connection. I'm on 3bb. I'm able to connect to my VPN through my AIS 3G dongle so it's 3bb blocking it or something. Frustrating!

My VPN is now working...give it another try. What an absolute balls up this 3BB company are, there have been so many problems over the last month or so.

My VPN works this Tuesday morning, thanks. Service has gone downhill ever since they changed their name from Maxnet.

experiencing the crappy, filtered service most people get with an Indy package. Could this be a brilliant marketing attempt to get all of the 1,100 baht 3 MB Premier account holders to upgrade to 2,500 baht 5 MB? Is the 3BB marketing department smart enough to figure something like that out? Probably not.

My crappy 6mb 3bb service is working perfectly and looks like 3bb were smart enough to get some people to pay more.

save your money there is nothing wrong with indy service.

My crappy 6mb 3bb service is working perfectly and looks like 3bb were smart enough to get some people to pay more.

Is your Indy account working perfectly for VoIP, bittorrent, and VPNs, or working perfectly with things like hotmail and youtube? Some us apparently stupid people who pay more for "premier" service use the Internet for more then email and web browsing.

Is your Indy account working perfectly for VoIP, bittorrent, and VPNs, or working perfectly with things like hotmail and youtube? Some us apparently stupid people who pay more for "premier" service use the Internet for more then email and web browsing.

downloading a torrent at the moment at 720kB/s using a private tracker.

I'm on 3BB Premier and my system is just about back to normal today with no apparent restrictions on torrents etc. I wonder if 3BB are experimenting with controls for a few days, then removing them whilst they study data collected during the experiment before tweaking things and trying again. After a few of these experiments they will introduce the controls permanently.

I might get a couple of days of good speeds before the shutter comes down again.

downloading a torrent at the moment at 720kB/s using a private tracker.

You must have the lucky magic connection - downloading at 720 KB/s with your 600 KB/s non-premier account. Congratulations and I'm jealous!

How does your premier work today? My suck, very unstable. Up and down in speed allt the time

Mine in considerably better today, almost back to how it used to be before July 27.

I'm getting some strange traceroute results though, as if certain websites are being routed through different 3BB packet inspecting firewall - meaning possibly our ISP is spying on us (gasp!).

Geez...

All this "real time complaining".....

If the service is down for a full day or longer then it's legit to bitch, but this " it's up...it's down..." is just stream of consciousness bitching.

FYI I have the crappy Indy 5mg service and regularly d/l torrents at near 600k.

Tried to call the 3BBB call center but their service no longer works .

It seem that you are no longer able to phone the 3BB call centre on a TT&T land line; you just get a permanent engaged tone.

3BB say "we are not part of TT&T anymore" - some divorce!

Try calling them using your mobile that works fine.

Geez...

All this "real time complaining".....

If the service is down for a full day or longer then it's legit to bitch, but this " it's up...it's down..." is just stream of consciousness bitching.

FYI I have the crappy Indy 5mg service and regularly d/l torrents at near 600k.

Yes but if its up and down everyday for at least a week don't you think its worth complaining about or are you a member of the 'This is Thailand' group.

and looks like 3BB is restricting access to Singapore based servers and also routing problems.

Tracing route to 202.9.67.254 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1

2 * * * Request timed out.

3 * 13 ms 13 ms 110.164.254.129

4 * * * Request timed out.

5 * 13 ms 13 ms mx-ll-58.147.0-69.static.tttmaxnet.com [58.147.0.69]

6 143 ms 143 ms 143 ms pos6-0.cr02.sin02.pccwbtn.net [63.218.229.37]

7 314 ms 192 ms 242 ms TenGE13-1.br01.sin02.pccwbtn.net [63.218.164.186]

8 97 ms 97 ms 97 ms 203.116.89.133

9 98 ms 100 ms 99 ms 203.117.161.170

10 98 ms 98 ms 99 ms 202.79.192.182

11 * * * Request timed out.

12 * * * Request timed out.

13 * * * Request timed out.

14 * * * Request timed out.

15 * * * Request timed out.

I should probably start a new topic but there seems to be some knowledgeable looking at this one.

My problem is that I can't get my wireless router to work. I know it works perfectly (meaning there is not a hardware problem) and the internet works great as long as the ethernet is plugged directly into the computer.

But when it's plugged into the router, I get the wireless signal but no internet. I'm on a Mac and when I run network diagnostics, it's all green lights (even the ISP) up until Internet = Failed, Server = Failed.

Is there some information from 3BB that I need to put into my router settings?

I've called 3BB 4 times now and I'm still not sure they understand the problem. They said a tech would call me back but that hasn't happened.

I should note that I feel like an idiot because I speak Thai moderately well and I majored in Computer Science and I still can't get this working!!

Any help would be much appreciated.