Secure Parking Udon Thani Airport

in2fridge

There is undercover parking associated with the car wash, which is in the furthermost car park as you enter the airport (ie outside the old terminal).

I have no idea how secure it is, as like LB, I just park outside the main terminal. Have done it 3 or 4 times now, up to 14 days at a time, without a problem.

If you go to the Limousine Service counter opposite the arrivals gate they look after the secure parking at the airport.

If you exit the airport using the door beside the counter the area is on the left as you walk to the car park, they charge 100 baht a day and chain your car to the ground via front or rear wheel. The area has shade cover for your car. Normally I pay when returning to collect the car, used them a few times now, never a problem. No need to book just turn up on the day and ask.

As other posters have said your car will maybe be okay in the normal car park, up to you as they say.

Regards

Mr Conrad

Thanks Mr C ,,,

I am concerned about leaving a newish truck for 15 days unprotected (would be in the UK!)...

..Will check out the "Limo" suggestion ..

Might just check into the Ban Chiang Hotel for 1 night and leave car in their 2 hour security car park ..

I just spent a few hours (first time) last week at UTN and walked around outside waiting for my flight ... Is there some 'mission critical' reason why you have to leave your new car at the airport? ... for the price of any secure parking other than in the open area you could probably arrange a ride and leave your car in a safe place at home ... unless that is not a safe place either.

I just spent a few hours (first time) last week at UTN and walked around outside waiting for my flight ... Is there some 'mission critical' reason why you have to leave your new car at the airport? ... for the price of any secure parking other than in the open area you could probably arrange a ride and leave your car in a safe place at home ... unless that is not a safe place either.

Maybe the original poster has a long way to travel to reach Udon.

I travel down from Nakhon Phanom about three and a half hours driving, when the local Nok Air flights do not fit my schedule. I leave the car in the secure parking just for peace of mind.

Not everybody that uses Udon Airport stays in Udon.

Regards

Mr Conrad

Thanks again Mr C !

You always get at least one prattish post it seems (not you Mr C!!).

Yes I am driving 1 1/2 hours into Udon to use the Air Asia direct flight to Phuket with 3 other adults + luggage .. hence the question..

.. anything else jazzbo ? .. my inside leg measurement is ...................

• 3 months later...

Have now used the secure parking facility.....

To find drive up the road opposite the arrival doors and it is 50m on the left.

You are directed to a covered parking bay,a chain is locked thru 1 wheel (no damage).

You keep your car keys.

..If you need a trolley help is on hand

Go to the the limo desk opposite the arrival hall and get a ticket/receipt.

On your return you are charged 100b a day (pay at the limo desk).

There is 24 hour security and it is a well used facility,some 40 cars when I was there incl' a multi million bhart BMW X6...I wish ....

Well impressed/will use again.

B)