Do Thai Girls Normally Let Their Mobile Battery Go Empty?

sambai

I would have thought with Thais' addiction to the mobile phone, that they wouldn't normally be caught with an empty battery. My (new) girl sent me an sms at 6:55pm indicating her battery was "very low" and she was looking for a place to charge it. Now three hours have passed.

Is this normal?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gf won't let me charge my battery until it is almost completely spent.......thinks damage occures to battery life if "not do this". I showed her in the phone manual that stated clear as crystal that this is just not the case but...........what can I say.

Hmm, maybe she just popped into boyfriend number 2 apartment to 'charge' her battery :whistling:

Simon

Yes she will find a plug there :P

But on a serious note.. my gf has 2 phones (iphone and a nokia) and the iphone does get empty easy so then she still has the nokia she uses it for business. So she needs to have a phone all the time.

Having lived in LOS and employed Thai’s for many years one thing I’ve learnt is to believe little of what they say as telling porky pies is an excepted part of Thai culture.

They lie to each other and their families so what chance do we farangs stand of being told the truth?

I love the place but my eyes are wide open to most of what their up to.

Unfortunately when you don’t live in Thailand it’s not so easy and these females play on that knowing they can get away with it.

To me she’s using an age old ploy by telling you her battery is flat when in reality the timing of your call was inconvenient as she was probably busy entertaining a customer.

If she’s in her loom she will simply plug it into a socket with her charger and she’s free to talk.

If she’s in the bar it will be on permanent charge.

If she’s with a customer saying her battery is flat then it could be the ready-made excuse all bar girls have learnt to use.

Having lived in LOS and employed Thai's for many years one thing I've learnt is to believe little of what they say as telling porky pies is an excepted part of Thai culture.

They lie to each other and their families so what chance do we farangs stand of being told the truth?

I love the place but my eyes are wide open to most of what their up to.

Unfortunately when you don't live in Thailand it's not so easy and these females play on that knowing they can get away with it.

To me she's using an age old ploy by telling you her battery is flat when in reality the timing of your call was inconvenient as she was probably busy entertaining a customer.

If she's in her loom she will simply plug it into a socket with her charger and she's free to talk.

If she's in the bar it will be on permanent charge.

If she's with a customer saying her battery is flat then it could be the ready-made excuse all bar girls have learnt to use.

I think we were all trying not to state the obvious.:)

It's also a common excuse when they are with another man, "battery died sorry couldn't call or answer any calls."

for some reason my gf does not believe it when i say my battery died.. (probably because it almost never happens) But I do believe her because i know how much she uses her phone. So its possible even though all those others say it cant be real.

There is however just as big a chance they are right. No way to know, that is why its a good excuse.

It's a slightly better excuse than "I dropped it down the toilet"

It IS a better excuse and I used it when I actually DID drop my mobile phone down the toilet. Reason being, my wife SAID I'd drop my phone down the toilet if I continued to carry it around so carelessly in my shirt pocket. Turns out she was right, but I'll never tell her so.

Hmm, maybe she just popped into boyfriend number 2 apartment to 'charge' her battery :whistling:

Simon

Only if he is Thai. Otherwise if her second boyfriend is farang, she would insist on a new phone.

My girlfriend and her daughter never leave themselves without a mobile phone. They have spare batteries to use when the other one is on charge.

If you think your girlfriend is suspect it is very easy to check her out. Just type her email or phone number into Google and social networking sites. You will find most of these women are addited to mobile phones and social networking sites. They always publish all what they do on these networks.

I bet my bottom dollar that her email is either an Hotmail or Yahoo account or has both.

Begin your search using these free links:

http://www.joy2day.com/messenger-world/msn-messenger/msn-profile-checker/

http://www.spokeo.com/email

Give it a go if you have concerns and give yourself peace of mind. This also goes for anyone else that is in a similar situation.

Edited by Beetlejuice

My phone get wet , battrey no good battery low , needs charging , I lose my phone then find it again, No have credit, all bargirls ways of saying I am at work , sorry but We all know this .

Yes sure, I've heard them all before. But I didn't expect it from this girl - she isn't from a bar. At least I hope not.

My phone get wet , battrey no good battery low , needs charging , I lose my phone then find it again, No have credit, all bargirls ways of saying I am at work , sorry but We all know this .

Yes sure, I've heard them all before. But I didn't expect it from this girl - she isn't from a bar. At least I hope not.

Sorry to imply that your girl works in a bar , Lets get serious, maybe once is OK but , I bet it will happen a few more times, Give her the benefit of the doubt ,This time but I would make it known that if you cannot get hold of her again by phone you will have to think , I am not prying but are you sending money , Sorry I am cynical but I have been through al this like a lot of other people, I can get in touch with any of my Thai friends at any time day or night within a few rings of the phone , some of my friends live in the Jungle , they never let there phone battery's go dead or get wet or lose them. best of luck

Edited by Thongkorn

What is it with you guys, They do this, They do that............ <deleted>. get a fawkin' grip. The only They is you !!!!!

Do Thai Girls normally let their mobile battery go empty ? unsure.gif Jesus wept......................

Hey do UK girls normally let their mobile battery go empty, do US girls normally let their mobile battery go empty, do Spanish girls , French girls, Swiss girls, Irish girls, Israeli girls...............

Hey , let's get on to the guys too, do Thai guys let their mobile battery go empty, do UK guys let their mobile battery go empty, <deleted> , these threads are really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I know that the threads here are very limited, but please...................

• Like 2

op, has your battery ever run flat?

Never at the time of beginning a new relationship; battery always charged, phone on 24-hours, not far away from earshot.

Ya when relationship is new, the phone is always charged, or has money on phone card, when things are fading, and boyfriend #2 comes into play, seems like the phone is either never charged or no money on phone to call or be called, thats the time to look for another girl. Send her a very plainly "Goodbye" see how fast the call returns to you LOL

It doesn't matter if you Thai, English American! Nobody likes thier battery to go dead. If it happens once or twice a month, I don't see any reason to be too paranoid, but if it is a regular thing you know your being screwed around!

What is it with you guys, They do this, They do that............ <deleted>. get a fawkin' grip. The only They is you !!!!!

Do Thai Girls normally let their mobile battery go empty ? unsure.gif Jesus wept......................

Hey do UK girls normally let their mobile battery go empty, do US girls normally let their mobile battery go empty, do Spanish girls , French girls, Swiss girls, Irish girls, Israeli girls...............

Hey , let's get on to the guys too, do Thai guys let their mobile battery go empty, do UK guys let their mobile battery go empty, <deleted> , these threads are really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

In your eagerness to set off on your rant you neglected to note the question asked by the OP, the fact that this is a Thailand related thread and that what goes on in any of the other wonderful parts of the world you mention has nothing to do with the OP's question.

• Like 1

In your eagerness to set off on your rant you neglected to note the question asked by the OP, the fact that this is a Thailand related thread and that what goes on in any of the other wonderful parts of the world you mention has nothing to do with the OP's question.

got to agree with you GH, but you gotta admit the "jesus wept" referance was a nice touch

:cheesy: :cheesy: