The Urban Condo Pattaya

I have a condo at The Urban in Pattaya. In 8 months now, the builder cannot get all the problems fixed. Each time they try to fix something, they break or damage something else. It's almost an endless circle. In the first place, it appears that they have used some very cheap materials - they could actually be called "seconds". Then the workers don't seem to know what they are doing? Painters use the wrong paint, tile workers install the tile in an unacceptable manner, toilets don't flush, walls are crooked, floors are not level, On top of these items, they just do the repairs over and over again and never get it right. The management also doesn't seem to care that the workers do such a lousy job. Is this a common situation in Thailand condos and houses?

To an extent sure, but your description sounds below average for Thailand.

This is the norm in Thailand. I have been involved in the construction of more than 50 homes. They are simply lazy and they are using their standards. I.e. paint not matching, tiles crooked, etc, etc . if you want it to your standards you'll have to pay someone else, other wise it wil drive you insane, and that's what their hoping. 555555555

good luck

To an extent sure, but your description sounds below average for Thailand.

This is the norm in Thailand. I have been involved in the construction of more than 50 homes. They are simply lazy and they are using their standards. I.e. paint not matching, tiles crooked, etc, etc . if you want it to your standards you'll have to pay someone else, other wise it wil drive you insane, and that's what their hoping. 555555555

good luck

Depends on the type of workers employed. Example, a carpenter of a building contractor carries 3 basic hand tools for his profession - a saw, a measuring tape and a hammer.

I doubt you will employ him quickly to make you a cabinet...:lol:

• 1 year later...

Update - all the problems in my unit have been fixed. However, after 2 years now, the Juristic person (and the developer) have not yet put in the common area business center, barbecue area, jogging track (area) etc. The saunas (2 steam rooms) are out of order most of the time. Most importantly, the Juristic person has not (1) resolved the security issue regarding the fire stairway door being kept closed and locked from the outside and (2) put up signs to keep the fire doors to the stairway closed and implemented a means of forcing the stupid people in the building to close these doors.

There are no board meetings to air these problems out. I asked the Juristic person to convey my concerns to the Board since I am not here all the time. So far I have not heard anything from the Board. I also don't get any meeting notices and no financial reports. Anyone know if the Board actually controls what is happening around the condo development?