Employment Agency For Hotel Jobs (Chef)

Fatdog

Hi,

I am hoping some of the people who are in the hotel industry can give me some info on finding a job in Bangkok.

My son is a qualified chef and is coming to stay with me for a few months, and he is hoping to get a job here.

I have looked at some of the web sites, but maybe the guys in the know can give me some other sites and or some leads.

If he gets a job he will stay here longer, but he is only coming for 3 months to start with, he will be getting a visa as I do not want him to be doing visa runs every month.

FD

Suggest u take a look at jobsDB == web site - if nothing there try visiting hotels direct with cv etc -- always a demand for qualified chefs - but he will find the working conditions here much different to what he would be used to back home -- but as the saying goes - if u cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen - good luck

It is very hard to get into the hotels over here, I remember when I first came out. a lot of walking around to each hotel, I wouldnt want to do that again. in the end I found a job in The Bangkok Post Jobs section. then the rest comes with connections.

my advice would be to e-mail every hotel in the area he wants to work in and try to get a direct interview. also go around all the British & Irish Pubs, They are always looking for chefs. I wouldnt bother with the restaurants so much as most of them are owned and run by chefs themselves.

Phuket and Samui, also a lot of the smaller islands are always on the lookout for chefs. E-mail all of the resorts.

he needs to get his CV in order, a good front cover introduction letter and then search the internet for jobs, and hotel, resort e-mail addresses and e-mail everyone. many people in the business pass on CVs to there friends who are looking so make sure his CV is eye catching and to the point.

good luck

It is very hard to get into the hotels over here, I remember when I first came out. a lot of walking around to each hotel, I wouldnt want to do that again. in the end I found a job in The Bangkok Post Jobs section. then the rest comes with connections.

my advice would be to e-mail every hotel in the area he wants to work in and try to get a direct interview. also go around all the British & Irish Pubs, They are always looking for chefs. I wouldnt bother with the restaurants so much as most of them are owned and run by chefs themselves.

Phuket and Samui, also a lot of the smaller islands are always on the lookout for chefs. E-mail all of the resorts.

he needs to get his CV in order, a good front cover introduction letter and then search the internet for jobs, and hotel, resort e-mail addresses and e-mail everyone. many people in the business pass on CVs to there friends who are looking so make sure his CV is eye catching and to the point.

good luck

Thanks onnut,

That sounds like good advice.

My son is 19 so walking about will not be problem.

I will copy and paste this post and send it to him.

Thanks again.

FD