Should Street Prostitutes Be Cleared From Pattaya Beach Road?

Jingthing

Should street prostitutes be cleared from Pattaya beach road?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crimony! If you don't like hookers then stay away from beach road.

If you don't like Arabs then stay out of the Middle East.

Don't like black folks? Then stay out of Africa.

Don't like Latinos? Stay out of Mexico.

Why do people feel they have they "moral authority" to "clean up" a place?

If you don't like Pattaya then go live in Ubon-Timbuktu.

By the same logic that says hookers are annoying, well so are all the touts selling whatever they sell on the beach. Let's ban them also.

You know, Thailand would be an absolute paradise if it had no people at all.

I really don't care much for Surin. I think it should be legislated that all Pattaya hookers move to Surin to make it more lively. Just for me.

Edited by jaywalker
  • Like 2

Imagine what the vote here would be like if the Indian, Iranian, etc. FAMILIES were on this forum?

The problem is JT, a lot of those visitors are too busy haggling prices with the girls on Beach Road. :lol:

To be fair, the place could certainly do with a clean up, it's not really what families would want to see - and I certainly wouldn't be happy to take my family there. That is no slight on Pattaya as it actually has a lot more to offer than just bars and girls IMO.

If you don't like it, go home :ph34r:

Typical! Did you rack your brain to come up with that one?

Better still, why don't you whining pansies just mind your business,and stop slagging Pattaya? If any other group,or area was criticized to the extent that you myopic simpletons habitually practice, then there would be a surge of whining to the mods. Furthermore, you cretins are making Thai Visa a laughing stock. Also, this kind of constant flaming is not tolerated on any other forums--even the ones of "Ill repute", so go join a knitting circle, and stay out of the adult's conversations.

Personally, I am a great advocate of Pattaya and I feel it is has a bright future. So you must be talking about someone else.

Edited by Jingthing

I think the police should do a daily, yes daily swoop of Beach road, pull the girls into the station to aggravate/fine them, and keep doing it until they go use Pattaya Beer Garden exclusively to ply their trade. I live facing Beach road and the girls sicken me to the point of hardly using the path from central to south.

there are very few streets as beautiful as Beach Road in Pattaya.. about a mile walking along the beach.. can't think of many places that have a boulevard like that.

Of course we can't walk there. If you're visiting Pattaya fort the firsy time time and end up at Beach Rd , the hookers will make it very clear how unwanted you are.

last time I took a walk there was 4 years ago. it was bad enough then. I've had a smoke around Central every now and then, just to confirm what a waster of time the Beach Road has become.

the premier boulevard of an ocean side resort should not be the MAIN red light district of a city. Thats all. Farang or not, it is an embarrasment. It also kills tourism industry slowly but surely, but what do we, farangs know..

oh, and Thais surely celebrate the transformation of Beach Rd to a main prostitution zone, btw. /end sarcasm/

the premier boulevard of an ocean side resort should not be the MAIN red light district of a city. Thats all. Farang or not, it is an embarrasment. It also kills tourism industry slowly but surely, but what do we, farangs know..

oh, and Thais surely celebrate the transformation of Beach Rd to a main prostitution zone, btw. /end sarcasm/

Am I right in suggesting then that when you first arrived in Pattaya, prostitues weren't invented and there were no red light districts? Pattaya is is bigger and more popular with tourists than ever before.

What we Farangs know is how to moan about anything and everything, we try to change things that we have no business changing.

I'm sure Thais hate having the prostitutes on beach road, they have a right to do something about it.

Sarcasm is more than welcome, however maybe apply a little more effort

I have never been harassed or offended by the girls on Beach Rd, most of them are pleasant, not a problem and are nice eye candy. If the BIB aggressively pursued the drug problems any aggressive girls or ladyboys would dissappear with their drug supply. Pattaya is what it is and people are aware of this when they come. If you don't like to see the ladies go elsewhere, I think it is safer for them plying their trade in Pattaya than in dark unlit areas. As far as danger in the area and overcrowding I am more concerned about the 300 empty baht buses cruising for customers and contributing to the pedestrian problems (crossing roads).

Edited by gerry53
  • Like 1

I have never been harassed or offended by the girls on Beach Rd, most of them are pleasant, not a problem and are nice eye candy. If the BIB aggressively pursued the drug problems any aggressive girls or ladyboys would dissappear with their drug supply. Pattaya is what it is and people are aware of this when they come. If you don't like to see the ladies go elsewhere, I think it is safer for them than plying their trade in Pattaya than in dark unlit areas. As far as danger in the area and overcrowding I am more concerned about the 300 empty baht buses cruising for customers and contributing to the pedestrian problems (crossing roads).

Couldnt agree with you more. I don't ever recall being concerned about the working girls on beach road I do however have concerns daily about crossing the road

Patrick in pattaya,

take a walk there and do not pick up a girl.. just listen to insults coming from the girls standing on Beach Rd about what a waste of space you are. Walk there every night, it is a beautiful stroll, and you'll learn many Thai language compliments there, I can assure you!

I give you a hint, if you walk alone the main compliment would be 'fagkot', in perfect Issan dialect, of course

edit: major grammar issues

Edited by valgehiir

I do not enjoy beach road.

But the freelancers there are not the reason.

I have never been insulted by them. If that is your problem, try to look friendly and smile.

The first reason I don't like beach road is that the beachwater is too dirty to swim in.

Makes the whole beach scenery vain.

The second reason is the sidewalk that is far too narrow on the city side, as it is always blocked by some russians or indians walking in slomo.

The third reason is the insufficient lighting in some places, because it make it difficult to see the freelancers well enough at night.

• Like 1

@ valgehiir somehow I think it's you mate. Never had an issue walking on beach road unless it was the wee morning hrs usually dodging lady boys or the dreadful touts. Any rate the ladies are very pleasant and considerate both speaking in thai and english. :)

Edited by britmaveric

Patrict in pattaya,

take a walk, there and do not pick up a girl.. just listen to insults coming from the girls standing on Beach Rd about what a waste of space you are. Take a walk there every night, it is a beautiful stroll, and you'll learn many Thai language compliments there, I can assure you!

I've been there, I don't have a problem with the girls being there and even if I did have a problem with the prostitues what right do I have to try and change it? I'm British I am not Thai.

If a Thai person tried to change something about your home town, you would be pissed off and complain that a foriegner is trying to stand your town. Its the same thing isn't it?

If you don't like the girls being there and all the banter they give you then why on Earth do you go there every night? Pehaps Pattaya is not the place for you.

• Like 1

Patrick,

the only reason I post and have an opinion is because Pattaya IS a place for me. I LOVE Pattaya!

You happen to love Beach Rd the way it is. And I say, good for you! I happen to avoid it. But I miss the days when I was able to sit down at the board walk and have a smoke, that's all.

But PLEASE, do not suggest Pattaya isn't for me! This sounds so much like "If you don't like it here, why won't you go home then!" and that is the lowest form of argument. We discuss stuff here cos we live here, we live here cos this is our home.

Peace!

Patrick,

the only reason I post and have an opinion is because Pattaya IS a place for me. I LOVE Pattaya!

You happen to love Beach Rd the way it is. And I say, good for you! I happen to avoid it. But I miss the days when I was able to sit down at the board walk and have a smoke, that's all.

But PLEASE, do not suggest Pattaya isn't for me! This sounds so much like "If you don't like it here, why won't you go home then!" and that is the lowest form of argument. We discuss stuff here cos we live here, we live here cos this is our home.

Peace!

YES! We love Pattaya and we want some peace on the beach! Not a piece. Walk one minute to a soi for that!

Of course WHEN not IF the ladies of the evening are swept away from Beach Road it will be Thais who do the sweeping. Duh. This is an expat forum. We discuss things. Deal with it.

Very good observations, It will be the Thais that will remove the girls from beach road. I agree this is an expat forum and I am indeed discussing things, How do you recommend we "deal with it"

Are you trying to make a point here? I had already made my point, I voted NO in the poll, because I don't have a problem with the girls being there, they were there before I arrived in Thailand, and I'm not Thai so don't really deserve a say in the matter. This of course is just my oppinion. Now good chap, deal with that

Patrick,

Peace!

I don't particularly "love" Beach road I just wouldnt change it. I don't think the "If you don't like it here, why won't you go home then!" thing is a low form of argument, its just common sense surely. Your a grown adult and have a choice, if I don't like a place I won't go there.

It's nice to know you class Pattaya as home as too many people slate the place, these discussions are far better when you don't reply to someones post with sarcasm.