Should Street Prostitutes Be Cleared From Pattaya Beach Road?

Jingthing

Should street prostitutes be cleared from Pattaya beach road?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until the Thai Government becomes competent enough to provide a good education and jobs to these women, then I have absolutely no problem in girls turning tricks anywhere in Thailand.

BS. The vast majority of Thais with poor educations are NOT prostitutes. This isn't about prostitution anyway per se; it's about ZONING.

Until the Thai Government becomes competent enough to provide a good education and jobs to these women, then I have absolutely no problem in girls turning tricks anywhere in Thailand.

BS. The vast majority of Thais with poor educations are NOT prostitutes. This isn't about prostitution anyway per se; it's about ZONING.

Makescents didnt claim that the majority of poorly educated Thais were prostitutes. He's right if the Thai Gov did do something to get these girls into education then maybe many of them would leave beach road, this would give you guys a bit more space to take an evening stroll in piece without having to look at those girls

I don't think zoning will ever happen, I don't think people want that to happen either. Your poll shows the majority of people who voted actually want the girls to stay.

Out of interest where would you move to?

Yup. Just award them doctorates and send them to expat firms for employment.

So if you are a grade school dropout...blame the govt...tsk tsk.

Makescents didnt claim that the majority of poorly educated Thais were prostitutes. He's right if the Thai Gov did do something to get these girls into education then maybe many of them would leave beach road, this would give you guys a bit more space to take an evening stroll in piece without having to look at those girls

I don't think zoning will ever happen, I don't think people want that to happen either. Your poll shows the majority of people who voted actually want the girls to stay.

Out of interest where would you move to?

The poll doesn't include the Iranian and Indian families and no poll here is scientific. If you seriously think the results here PROVE anything, you are not thinking straight.

Zoning is ALREADY happening in this area. For example, no go gos allowed in Jomtien for example except for one which is obviously some kind of police thing.

Edited by Jingthing

Jing. You are a guest here. Why not start behaving like one.

The Thai's are perfectly capable of running their own affairs.

They don't need your meddling.

Leave if it offends you. Good riddance.

Read my sig mama Grizzly.

Just looked up definition of guest.

Nope. Not a guest.

Next ...

I don't see the girls on Beach Road as being as much of a nuisance as the Indian Tailors that try and shake my hand

I wonder how many germs are passed everyday with their constant handshaking demands. At least the girls do not impede pedestrian traffic, Something that cannot be said for the illegal vendors that line the sidewalk on the town side of Beach Road

Two different animals.

The sidewalk side.

The beach promenade side.

I am talking about the beach promenade side.

The beach promenade is the jewel in the crown of ANY global beach resort. This isn't subtle. Pattaya's is thick with whores. It's just wrong to invite these families now and to tolerate that on the beach walk.

BTW, the argument LEAVE to every criticism about life in Pattaya or Thailand is the absolute LOWEST form of debate.

Edited by Jingthing

You learned well from your mentor FDR who rounded up Japanese & Germans during WW2.

You want to round up Prostitutes (when not if according to you o wise one)

I might be in favor of rounding up gays & telling them to move off.

Think about it.

Kettle pot black.

OK, so you hate gays. That's your problem.

I never said round up prostitutes. I am talking about BEACH ROAD. I am actually in favor of prostitution; it should be legal but public solicitation by such numbers in the most important geographical feature of an emerging great beach city is another matter. They make it impossible for people not interested in hiring them to have an enjoyable time on the beach promenade. Certainly, they have made it OFF LIMITS to families. That is simply wrong, their rights end when they mess up the rights of OTHERS. I agree there are social issues with what those current sex workers will do if they are cleared. Has it occurred to anyone there is a MASSIVE OVERSUPPLY of prostitutes anyway in Pattaya?

Edited by Jingthing

Why not make Pattaya Beach Road a Thai-free place? It would so pleasant for the tourists.

I'm pushing a bit here, but that is my feeling.

Starting by throw away Thai girls from beah road (How do you make difference between thai girls seated and sex workers?), after it will be street vendors, as it will have much more of them there, after maybe moto taxis...

Every time i walk along beach road at night, i never had a problem with girls, working or not.

Why is it a problem to see girls seating on the beach road for tourist families? I didn't see any sign like "Prostitutes Here !!". Babies and child are only seeing women, no?

I don't think that these girls are harassing you if you walk there with wife and kids (as they don't even harass me while i'm alone or with a friend).

Anyway, sending sex workers in a place hidden in the dark will not solve the problem, it will make new problems. These girls will be insecure(I didn't say that they are secure now, but it would be worse), drugs problems will increase (if it can), and crimes will certainly also increase and maybe more violent, as it will be easier in the dark.

You're dreaming. Families do NOT walk there at night. Because of the whores. It's that simple. Walking alone as a single man, you WILL get harassed constantly. Face reality, the place is thick with whores and people here are trying to paint this as a good thing. It's not. It's a BLIGHT. Also, give me a break, any idiot can tell the difference between a street walker and non sex worker Thais enjoying the beach area. Most everywhere in the world, there is a difference between zoned prostitution areas (even in Thailand, Bangkok, Phuket, CM) and open street prostitutes basically trashing would would be or could be a fantastic resource for ALL of the population.

Edited by Jingthing

Here's a potential subject for your next poll.

Who is more villified in Pattaya beach; Prostitutes or old fat balding falang gay guys?

btw. I don't hate gays, I pity them but you don't get to put words in my mouth.

We know how sensitive the mods are on here.

You really seem to be too thick to have a discussion with.

You brought up the topic.

Moronic as it was.

But you are determined to have a poill per day.

BTW some of my best friends are working girls & I resent you interfering with them earning a living.

Here's a potential subject for your next poll.

Who is more villified in Pattaya beach; Prostitutes or old fat balding falang gay guys?

btw. I don't hate gays, I pity them but you don't get to put words in my mouth.

We know how sensitive the mods are on here.

You really seem to be too thick to have a discussion with.

You brought up the topic.

Moronic as it was.

But you are determined to have a poill per day.

BTW some of my best friends are working girls & I resent you interfering with them earning a living.

You don't hate gays? Why did you recently post the F-G word then? OK, maybe you ARE being honest and don't hate gays but pity them. Why do you pity people who don't have streetwalkers for best friends?

Gays have very little to do with Pattaya beach road walk so I find your point an obvious flame. As there aren't many there and those that are there aren't very visible, how can you rationally compare them to the miles of whores? Families don't avoid the road because of the gays on the beach because they aren't visible and they don't basically OCCUPY the area. Maybe they would if there were thousands of gays hanging out on that stretch, but there aren't so your point is totally moot (and also anti-gay for no good reason).

Another point now that you brought it up. Because of the plethora of aggressive heterosexual prostitutes on that road, it has become an unpleasant place for both single and coupled gay people too. Single gays are constantly harassed to buy sex we aren't in the market for, and coupled gays are perceived as a waste of space to their sex trade. So it is not only families that are deprived from full enjoyment of the beach promenade by these aggressive, selfish prostitutes, it is many other different kinds of people who have no interest in their wares.

People do have a right to earn a living but that doesn't compute that prostitutes have a right to publicly solicit en masse EVERYWHERE in public.

Edited by Jingthing

Jing. You are a guest here. Why not start behaving like one.

The Thai's are perfectly capable of running their own affairs.

They don't need your meddling.

Leave if it offends you. Good riddance.

Read my sig mama Grizzly.

Just looked up definition of guest.

Nope. Not a guest.

Next ...

then what are you JT? i joined this forum 4 years ago and since then (not always) read your bitching, whining, complaining, open or subtle derogatory polls/remarks about Thailand. a country which is my host country and which has treated me and my wife well when we visited as tourist for 2½ decades and which is treating us extremely well since we became residents nearly 6 years ago.

like it or not, i fully agree with those posters who advise you "pack your freaking belongings and leave!"

my personal advice is "spend the winter months in Duluth, Minnesota and the summer months in Tamanrasset, Algeria and you will not encounter any bothering ladies of the night at the beach roads."

:bah:

• Like 2

like it or not, i fully agree with those posters who advise you "pack your freaking belongings and leave!"

I am not seeking your advice on my place of residence.

BTW, foreign residents here are EXPATS, not guests. Look up the definition of guests for confirmation. It doesn't apply to expats.

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

think the no's have it. when people come to Pattaya its reputation is renound world wide. its like going to disney world and saying you dont like to see mickey mouse.

Do you think the family tourists want a beach promenade they can't walk on with their children? They haven't voted and they are becoming more important here.

Edited by Jingthing

think the no's have it. when people come to Pattaya its reputation is renound world wide. its like going to disney world and saying you dont like to see mickey mouse.

Do you think the family tourists want a beach promenade they can't walk on with their children? They haven't voted and they are becoming more important here.

Don't post your poll here if you don't like the results.

then what are you JT? i joined this forum 4 years ago and since then (not always) read your bitching, whining, complaining, open or subtle derogatory polls/remarks about Thailand. a country which is my host country and which has treated me and my wife well when we visited as tourist for 2½ decades and which is treating us extremely well since we became residents nearly 6 years ago.

my personal advice is "spend the winter months in Duluth, Minnesota and the summer months in Tamanrasset, Algeria and you will not encounter any bothering ladies of the night at the beach roads."

:bah:

Spot on Naam, some members constant whining and manipulation are bothersome. :annoyed:

Edited by gerry53

I am not seeking your advice on my place of residence.

BTW, foreign residents here are EXPATS, not guests. Look up the definition of guests for confirmation. It doesn't apply to expats.

Next ...

i don't care for any fàcking definitions. i feel like a guest and i behave like one. period!

I would STILL want to be able to hang out on the water without being constantly solicited.

How come all these working girls seem to hit on the gay guys so heavily and never, ever say anything to the truly hetero hansum man out on his daily constitutional?

Answers on a postcard to....

Patrick in pattaya,

take a walk there and do not pick up a girl.. just listen to insults coming from the girls standing on Beach Rd about what a waste of space you are. Walk there every night, it is a beautiful stroll, and you'll learn many Thai language compliments there, I can assure you!

I give you a hint, if you walk alone the main compliment would be 'fagkot', in perfect Issan dialect, of course

edit: major grammar issues

Such a complete post... there's homophobia, bigotry and paranoia all rolled up in one big happy personage here.

If indeed the working girls do call you a waste of skin, maybe it's because....?