Piglets Got Diarrhea

Scully

I have 7 piglets in one pen and found one to passing through the eye of a needle, I was a little worried they would all catch it so gave them all an oral dose of antibacterial. I then fed him bannana's to try and make him soild to no avail. There is only one piglet that has this so I gave him a shot of oxy and still no luck. This has no been happening for about three weeks now with absolutely no signs of illness in fact he runs around as happy as the next pig.

Any Ideas?

Get some OCTACIN, follow instructions & all should be well. Inject over 3 days I find that this works best with first shot combined with pendistrep.

Thanks for the link and the advice altough Isaan Aussie the link read more like a horror story but some good reading.

fruity we gave all the pigs OCTACIN oral, however when we were out the mother in law in her infernate wisdom chopped down a bannana tree and gave it ot them. It was enough to clog up a large elelphant however we will monitor today and if there is still a problem then after reading about "pendistrep" it sounds llike it might do the trick so will give this a whirl.

Thanks again Scully

Get some OCTACIN, follow instructions & all should be well. Inject over 3 days I find that this works best with first shot combined with pendistrep.

Thanks for the link and the advice altough Isaan Aussie the link read more like a horror story but some good reading.

fruity we gave all the pigs OCTACIN oral, however when we were out the mother in law in her infernate wisdom chopped down a bannana tree and gave it ot them. It was enough to clog up a large elelphant however we will monitor today and if there is still a problem then after reading about "pendistrep" it sounds llike it might do the trick so will give this a whirl.

Thanks again Scully

Hey Scully,

Billy Connelly once talked about an elephant defecating in a road intersection in Scotland. His advice was "Treat it as a roundabout". Sound applicable?

Thanks again Scully

Hey Scully,

Billy Connelly once talked about an elephant defecating in a road intersection in Scotland. His advice was "Treat it as a roundabout". Sound applicable?

Scully,

The Octacin oral, same as Baytril oral is used more as a preventative measure , administered to piglets at 3 days old for 3 -4 days, these are known as ANTI-INFECTIVES; totally different application to the injectable Octacin I first recommended.

Although Thai's swear by Banana leaves etc to cure the runs, personally, I have never found them to have any effect, other than 'enjoyment' for the pigs, who relish them

Cheers

Fruity