Who Has The Most

onnut

I did see a post where someone was awarded about 8 or 9 greens. I think a mod.

Can't remember who or where now.

By any chance it was an OP in the Thailand news forum,read a copy and past article from an external news source,and msot of the reputations were given by fellow mods and administrators? :whistling:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did see a post where someone was awarded about 8 or 9 greens. I think a mod.

Can't remember who or where now.

I got 20 some for that thread I started about how stupid the reputation button is and what poor judgement Thai Visa displayed in cannibalizing their franchise by pandering to the lowest common denominator of poster. You could call that ironic I suppose.

<Post # 68 mostly snipped>

you'll be first against the wall when the guillotines come out

SC

Or the first with his head on the lunette when the firing squad march out. Either way, not pretty.

--

As for the new reps feature (sigh...cant' believe we're still talking about this. We're a sad lot—and here of course, I speak only of myself):

Some have taken it as a means to improve the conversation or to better get to know other members; one can use it to explore postings by like-minded people (or those of people with opposing views), etc.

Others seem to view it as a kind of competition and delight in the one-upmanship thus afforded. The 'reputation' moniker of the feature would have something to do with fostering that kind of thinking.

When I was in grade school and my brother in kindergarden, he'd come home all proud and snotty when he got a star sticker on his scrawly drawing or whatever. He thought only teachers had these and had the sole power to give them out. I bought a bunch and stuck them all over my bits of paper with whatever on them just to annoy him by 'winning' at his game of one-upmanship. When I finally took him to the shop where they sold the stickers by the truckload, he was devastated, like finding out there's no Santa.

Which reminds me:

When our wily younger daughter was four, she got it in her head that Santa was just me.

So I set her straight by calling Santa (my brother) and having her talk to him to verify that he's for real ("I'm real, HO Ho Ho," said my brother in his best Santa voice) and that he's watching her. I don't know if she bought it, but she was certainly looking forward to her presents.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the kids that are indulging the adults when it comes to Santa Clause: "Let's play along with this silliness; what the heck, we'll get some presents."

If so, the joke's on them, 'cause I get the milk and cookies.

With increased page views as a result of this feature, George is tucking into some well-earned milk and cookies.

<Post # 68 mostly snipped>

you'll be first against the wall when the guillotines come out

SC

Or the first with his head on the lunette when the firing squad march out. Either way, not pretty.

--

As for the new reps feature (sigh...cant' believe we're still talking about this. We're a sad lot—and here of course, I speak only of myself):

Some have taken it as a means to improve the conversation or to better get to know other members; one can use it to explore postings by like-minded people (or those of people with opposing views), etc.

Others seem to view it as a kind of competition and delight in the one-upmanship thus afforded. The 'reputation' moniker of the feature would have something to do with fostering that kind of thinking.

When I was in grade school and my brother in kindergarden, he'd come home all proud and snotty when he got a star sticker on his scrawly drawing or whatever. He thought only teachers had these and had the sole power to give them out. I bought a bunch and stuck them all over my bits of paper with whatever on them just to annoy him by 'winning' at his game of one-upmanship. When I finally took him to the shop where they sold the stickers by the truckload, he was devastated, like finding out there's no Santa.

Which reminds me:

When our wily younger daughter was four, she got it in her head that Santa was just me.

So I set her straight by calling Santa (my brother) and having her talk to him to verify that he's for real ("I'm real, HO Ho Ho," said my brother in his best Santa voice) and that he's watching her. I don't know if she bought it, but she was certainly looking forward to her presents.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the kids that are indulging the adults when it comes to Santa Clause: "Let's play along with this silliness; what the heck, we'll get some presents."

If so, the joke's on them, 'cause I get the milk and cookies.

With increased page views as a result of this feature, George is tucking into some well-earned milk and cookies.

"...explore posts by like-minded people" - that sounds like something sordid from the small ads of a local newspaper... or country folks with pitch forks,.. or Groupthink mismanagement... - probably the most lucid argument against it that I've seen. Anything that makes it easier to identify other people that want to dress up in white gowns and masks, or helps us reinforce our own ignorance and stupidity, is to be condemned, surely (like collecting those greenie label things off heineken bottles...)

'Santa's watching you. He knows what you do... and he's going to creep into your bedroom ... He's got a van-load of gold stars if you do what he likes' oh dear oh dear oh dear, I hope Mary Whitehouse is not a regular reader....

SC

Well, I'm just glad I'm not on the losers' side then...

Don't expect any sympathy - you'll be first against the wall when the guillotines come out

SC

I don't expect sympathy...I hold the courage of my convictions.

Also, I respect your comments & as such, I feel that you are well & truly a part of the "20%"...& I couldn't care less about what you think of me.

Anyway, this inane thread is about "who has the most reputation points"? It just occured to me that there are 2 sides to this question...negative reps & positive reps. So, how can this question be adequately answered without addressing;

1] Hourly updated figures, &

2] Negative points.

My ultimate answer is as follows;

:mfr_closed1:

Well if the 20% can't have any fun I am glad I'm in with the other 80%. Keep taking those pills mate!

Us 20% do have fun, albeit at the expense of the 80% :lol:.

The only pills I take & only in a time of need (not very often), are these;

post-22191-072765600 1286096344_thumb.jp