Hotels In Bangkok Refuse Blacks And Indians

george

A side project of Linkin Park   If you don't know them your living under a rock.  I am not a rap fan but a music fan and some of linkin parks stuff is rather good.  This is Fort Minor

Wait till MTV and Rolling Stone get involved  -

Having viewed the clip, I think I prefer it under my rock.

Move over then. You're taking up too much room. Me and my friends are a tad squeezed.

Talk about Beethoven rolling over. Rosgers and Hart, Oscar Hammerstein, Gershwin, Sammy Cahn et all must be sitting up there with their hands over their ears.  

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By my count, I have heard of/observed Thai/farang owned businesses in Thailand which discriminate against/exclude blacks, Indians, Middle eastern people, Burmese, Hill tribes, strangers and in a few cases farang and/or Thai. So the possibility that anyone from anywhere in the world could eventually find someone/place in Thailand where they would not be served or feel unwanted is fairly high. But, this can probably be said for every country in the world, so why make such a deal out of it?

Though I agree with your comment its widespread, don't you think it is a big deal since for no reason other than a color, hospitality is not extended? By what standards are these people judging others to be inferior or superior to themselves? Isn't it morally disgusting to think that one could disrespect someone just for the reason of being from a different culture, background or color? Just my thoughts :)

Amazing Thailand – Blacks and Indians need not apply. Don't worry, there are plenty of white folks who support this policy. :unsure:

TheWalkingMan

It's interesting when it cuts both ways. We lived in an apartment complex owned by Indians and managed by Indians, though the resident population was primarily Japanese. The Thais didn't feel comfortable having an Indian landlord. :-)

And then there are the Thais who go to the Middle East to work and are looked down on and not trusted. :-)

Sorry, but you're wrong. Black people have a bad reputation in Bangkok for selling drugs, NOT white people. There's no smoke without fire

Stop being so tediously PC. We came here to get away from that.

I fail to see how this is a problem.

Many bars do not let them in either, because we don't want to drink with them.

I said to a bargirl once, 'Why do you keep the blacks out?' and she said 'Because if Farang see African man, he not come in'.

I said 'Yep, you're right'.

All they do is try and sell me cocaine, and try to 'look after me' on Sukhumvit. It gets quite tiring.

I ran out of reds today but will be back tomorrow to give you one.

I know plenty of those white folks who sell drugs also you bigot!

That proves my saying "you are an idiot". Isn't saying filthy creatures a racist slur? How many Indians have you met or been associated with? Be wise before you speak and think twice before you point out your finger..Who is more filthy? the ones who are not clean in appearance or the ones like you whose mind is filled with trash ? I presume you are living in bangkok, have you ever thought why you are living here?

My thing is : when you are in Thailand you have to deal with their rules. People don't need to make a fuss and cry about it, just keep it moving.

I'm not racist, but when was going to school on sukhumvit road I would just look and wonder <deleted> are all these buk dum and Arabs doing on this block? It don't make not any type of sense to me why a black person would be doing in Thailand unless it was for school or business.

My point is that to me, Thailand is not a country where more than one race is born there, so if they choose to believe and think all blacks are bad and sometimes they do see them commiting crimes, then they have a right to stereo type and choose who they serve.

Get abunch of blacks together and they feel the same way. It's not a one way street.

Drop a Thai or white or Indian, to Kingston jamacia, or some place in Africa, or drop a white guy off in, Saudi Arabia, it could easily be the exzact same for the Thai/white/black guy to get discrimitated.

• Like 1

People certainly have the right to like or dislike any group of people they want, but acting on it is another thing.

Scott, you've hit the nail right on the head. Quite a while back, as a school administrator, I was in a mandatory racism sensitivity training session that all administrators in our district had to attend. It was going fine...most of what was being presented I generally agreed with. Then, about the third day in, one presenter told us we were not allowed to think ill of any race. I'm not a very outspoken person (at least in person), but I stood up and stopped the presentation. "Hold on. You have a right to tell us how to do our jobs, how to work with our clients and colleagues. But since when does any person in America have the right to control my thoughts? Are you the thought police?" A break was called, and when we reassembled, our group received an apology.

Pity the decent blacks suffer because of them.

That says it right there,

but at the same time, this is just wrong,

especially the refusal of refund bit,

that is theft by fraud perpetrated BY the Nasa Vegas.

They didn't want him, then give him his money back.

Only FAIR thing to do, keeping the money is being worse than the

alleged acts Nasa Vegas is saying they are complaining about.

Nasa Vegas if you don't give the money back YOU ARE THIEVES.

End of story.

Take the money from a black or Indian why if they do not like them? I Guess to thais money has one colour but people are many colours. Simply 100% racist and this fact cannot be defended by anyone. Dual pricing for farangs and discrimination against blacks and indians just shows how racist thai's are and it's all about money not the warm smiles.

Sorry, I find that very hard to believe. Proof please.

Just think about English people wouldn't get a hotel room in London…….

If you are politically aware, you may have noticed some new legislation being passed this week unbelievably named the "Equality Act" which makes it perfectly legal to discriminate against white British males in favour of ethnic minorities and women when it comes to employing staff.

Drop a Thai or white or Indian, to Kingston jamacia, or some place in Africa, or drop a white guy off in, Saudi Arabia, it could easily be the exzact same for the Thai/white/black guy to get discrimitated.

does it hurt to get discrimitated? :huh:

• Like 1

It is a private business. It is their right to deny access to anyone. They should not try to steal his booking payment.

Any sort of discrimination laws in this country, by any chance? Or is any private business free to shoot as they please?!?

I said to a bargirl once, 'Why do you keep the blacks out?' and she said 'Because if Farang see African man, he not come in'.

All they do is try and sell me cocaine, and try to 'look after me' on Sukhumvit. It gets quite tiring.

Thanks for your post which reminds us that racism is as widespread amongst Westerners as it is amongst Thais.

One night for a laugh as I was walking around the Nana - Asok area, I decided to simply approach every black I saw and ask for cocaine or weed. Every single one was able to give me info, prices, tell me where to go.

The only reason Africans are there is to commit crime. I'm not speaking from prejudice, I am speaking from experience.

As for the Indians, they're just .. [ 2 words deleted ]

Every time I am in the area of soi 4-11 I see loads of blackies selling their drugs and big fat momas lying on the pavement, the only black people I have ever known in thailand have been drug dealer so as soon as i was introduced to them and found out what they were all about I deleted their numbers from my phone and changed my number..

These people don't come here to get honest jobs, why are they always hanging around street corners? They must have the brown shirts on the payroll as else they'd be locked up in the MONKEY HOUSE....Ha ahahhaaa haaaah ahaaahahahah

• Like 2

Absolutely shocking!!! We are living in one of the most racist places i know! Black people are hated by the Thai's. I grew up in Africa and have lots of respect for these guys, but when i ask most Thai people what they think of Black people they say "they are dirty" due to the colour of there skin. Try it for your self it never fails!

Im only replying to this post because we to are still singled out here. There is no equality in Thailand, and we still have to pay double price if not much much more for most things, and with the Baht been strong and the pound getting weaker i can help feeling that thailand is fast because no value for money. We are constantly been ripped of and it hurts!!

Oh dear. That's a typically "head in the sand" attitude I really hate from foreigners living in Thailand.

The "it's their country" card is so out-of-date and solves no problems.

Yes, Thai people DO have to make people welcome in their country, it's called customer service. What a spastic!

We have a saying in New Zealand, for whenever a foreigner complains of racism or if he doesn't like the way things are done;

"If you don't like it, go home."

Thai people have no obligation to make anyone feel welcome in their country. It's THEIR country.

We all know Thais do not have a problem with discrimination. There is a night club in CNX, that if you are Thai, no cover charge, if you are white, you have to pay 300 baht. Tell me how this is ok? Discrimination is discrimination.

lol I had quite the opposite experience when I first went clubbing. I went with some thai guys n girls the same age with me, and they were all patted down for weapons and ID checked at the entrance, but for me all I got was a big smile and waved on in.

This was at Ratchada.

The problem is simple, most Africans here if not all are on some kind of scam mission and have left hotels without paying the bills, ran out on restaurants and are one way or the other involved in the drug trade. There was a time when Nigerians couldn't get a visa anymore to come here. The "Bangkok Hilton" is full of Nigerians, Ghanese etc.. and quite frankly, there is no country in the world that has more crooks than Nigeria and they export them too.

His problem is that Thai's can apparently not tell the difference between an African and an African American. Are Thai's racist? absolutely among themselves and against just any other non Thai. Southern Thais against any none southern Thai, Bangkok Thai's against any non Bangkok Thai's etc...

I'm not racist, but in the current world, I would not feel comfortable on an airplane if a number of Arabs would be there as passengers or terrorists. Would I give a Nigerian car park attendant my car key's ? For that matter an Italian in Rome?

The Africans have made the bed for all black people here and unfortunately some non involved African American's paying the price.

One more thing, so called "Rappers" should not really complain, considering the contents of a lot of their so called music ......

Yes, i like your write up, fully agree with everything you've just said.. How can a so called ''Rapper'' that sings and premotes drugs/violence complain if people assume he and his hangers on are like this.. He must have had plenty of experence to cunjure up his lyrics right? Why does this silly man now postpone his mini gigs? Just move to Pattaya I'm sure they'll welcome him down there, probably fit in quite nicely. He can go out drinking with the Russian mafia and sing them a song..

Sorry, but you're wrong. Black people have a bad reputation in Bangkok for selling drugs, NOT white people. There's no smoke without fire

Stop being so tediously PC. We came here to get away from that.

Ok, enough already. Just read on the other online news sites here from Suvarnabhumi airport, who are the ones getting caught importing drugs Into Thailand, the middle eastern and west African folks. These facts are self explanatory. Got b#$er all to do with skin colour, it has to do with reputations and perceptions, rightly or wrongly. Maybe one day the world will be a cool place to be.

I ran out of reds today but will be back tomorrow to give you one.

I know plenty of those white folks who sell drugs also you bigot!

Edited by ThaiMouse

It's not racism it's just the plain truth. Most of the black people in the sukhumvit area are shady trouble makers seeking to exploit people. It's ok to generalize a country based on its people's characteristics. Why not? People from desperate countries do desperate things. These people are from one of the poorest countries on the planet, and having no other skills, they do what they can to survive. I think some people who consider themselves anti-racist actually choose to deny this reality because they want to believe the world is fair, and everyone has opportunities. But it's not.

Judging people because they have a different color of skin, is different than judging people who are prone to commit crimes, based on where they are from. There are some white skinned people from countries I would not trust also because of their economy which cause them to do the same, desperate things.

And you Yanks should get off your high horse. Weren't you the most recent owners of slaves in the western world?

About 10 years ago a well know, well respect BLACK Professor at Harvard was a guest on a talk show. He prefaced his comments by asking how many blacks in the audience (which was predominately black to begin with), were the ancestors of slaves. Nearly everyone in the audience raised their hands. He shook his head and told them they were living in a fantasy world, believing in a myth.

He then went onto explain that for five years he had been doing research to write a book to "shame the White Man" over the slavery issue, thinking, as did most blacks, that most whites had been slave owners in the early days of the U.S. But he said the more he researched, the more his own beliefs were shaken, and then changed. After five years of research he said he came up with three import facts.

1) LESS than 1% of whites now in the U.S. had ancestors who were slave owners.

2) LESS than 5% of all blacks now in the U.S. had ancestors who were slaves.

3) OVER 80% of the whites now living in the U.S. had ancestors who came here within the last 100 years.

So, NO, most of us "yanks" were NOT slave owners. But you're still young, dumb and full of (think of a word that rhymes), so your ignorance is somewhat excusable.

:jap:

P.S. In Chiang Mai there's an area called "Chiang Mai Land" that has a number of karaoke bars that cater to Japanese. One night, just for the hel_l of it, I parked my CBR right in front and tried to go in and was politely refused. No big deal. I told my wife about it and she just laughed. About a week later we were back in the area and she asked me which bar it was and I pointed it out to her. She laughed and said "Come on". We went to the door where she told them I was a "farang friend" visiting Thailand and looking for a girl. We were ushered in with a smile. The manager came over and told her that the girls were available to Thai or Japanese for 1,500 baht for the whole night, but it was 2,500 baht for white farang. My wife looked at the girls available, then smiled and told the manager we would go some place else, as his girls were too ugly. It was all I could do to keep from busting out laughing at the look on his face as we walked out.

My wonderful Thai wife has a WICKED sense of humor that I love at times.

:P

Edited by Just1Voice
  • Like 2

Sorry, I find that very hard to believe. Proof please.

Just think about English people wouldn't get a hotel room in London��.

If you are politically aware, you may have noticed some new legislation being passed this week unbelievably named the "Equality Act" which makes it perfectly legal to discriminate against white British males in favour of ethnic minorities and women when it comes to employing staff.

I assume this Act is meant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equality_Act_2010

It's not racism it's just the plain truth. Most of the black people in the sukhumvit area are shady trouble makers seeking to exploit people. It's ok to generalize a country based on its people's characteristics. Why not? People from desperate countries do desperate things. These people are from one of the poorest countries on the planet, and having no other skills, they do what they can to survive. I think some people who consider themselves anti-racist actually choose to deny this reality because they want to believe the world is fair, and everyone has opportunities. But it's not.

Judging people because they have a different color of skin, is different than judging people who are prone to commit crimes, based on where they are from. There are some white skinned people from countries I would not trust also because of their economy which cause them to do the same, desperate things.

Why don't we just write it off as simple 'areaism', instead of the more sinister 'racism'. It's obvious that it's not just the blacks and indians on Sukhumwit, and in other reknown areas of Thailand who are, for some reason or other, dishonest. Certain places attract certain types. Birds of a feather and all that. (cough!)Pattaya(cough!)

I'll second the other poster who said 'I've never been offered drugs in Thailand, because I've never been anywhere that sells them.', by saying 'I've only ever been offered drugs in Thailand in places I would expect to find the type of people that would openly sell them!'

Demand and supply, cause and effect. And all that.

I am shocked at the amount of racism on this board! :o not every black dude sells drugs for a living.

No, some of them sell it out of habit!

The rest are email scammers right ? Ha ha ha

Nope, those are based in Nigeria - I contact as a trustful person because ...... - there must still be some idiots falling for that scam though :blink: I heard the Nigerian Embassy is relocating to Ngang Num Wan to be closer to Klong Prem to make their staffs life easier and safe a lot of time :whistling:

Regardless of how many black guys on Sukhumvit sell drugs, or how many Israelis in Chiang Mai order a 10B plate of rice and put 20B of ketchup on it, or how many people from Isaan agree to sell their vote, or how many suicide bomb attacks in the world are caused by young muslims from the Arab world - racial profiling, or profiling in any other form, is fundamentally wrong.

I'm surprised that so much of the Thaivisa community, who all have the intelligence to turn on a computer, use the Internet and even type, do not recognise this.

Oh, and as a 32-year-old who has been permanently living here since 23 (and been in great shape the whole time), hayden5650 - you are nowhere near as attractive as you think you are. Thai women believe a husband/bf/whatever has more appeal if they can provide security and stability for them and their family. It took me a while to figure that one out.

"................... racial profiling, or profiling in any other form, is fundamentally wrong."

I can't agree with this statement. When 1 racial group is responsible for nearly every incident of aircraft bombing, and ticket prices and security are increased to overcome this threat, it is an absolute waste of time and security resources checking the wheelchair of an 80-year old Anglo-Saxon woman. Agreed, age and other factors can be just as important, but race should be an important part. If 90% of the threat is from 1 racial group, 90% of the checks should be done on that racial group. If they don't like it, let them sort out their brothers.

Edited by OzMick