Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Got my CBR150R today =) here is a pic.

74113_450597572025_702052025_5887837_834644_n.jpg

Congratulations! While I'm not so excited about the specs of the new CBR I have to say that the price is quite fair for what you get and except for that exhaust it LOOKS way better than the older model. Happy Trails! Tony

thx, no not the best specs but it does the trick for a novice like me=) And as u say the looks are MUCH better then the old one.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that Aprilia is awesome!

ThunderBird - whilst I also think that the cbr250 is very disappointing, I think you've made your point now mate. It is what it is, if people want to buy it then good luck to them, at least Honda have priced it according to the spec so it's decent value for money.

On the big bike vs.little bike point, my personal experience is that I picked up a very clean 100% legal 2005 gsxr600 for 250k and I love it. I know that if it goes wrong then it will take longer to source parts and cost a bit more to fix but for me it is absolutely worth it every time I get it out of Bangkok for the weekend and open it up. There are certain things I will sacrifice to live here, but owning a supersports motorbike is not one of them - some things you can't put a price on. I also love my Ninja 250, but if I had to sell one then the Ninja would go I'm afraid, cheap available spares or not.

A nice reply for a change, jap.gif, but also from someone that has some experiance with bikes it seems. I'll agree with you with everything you say. Also very much about how one can enjoy the roads in Thailand still if on a bike powerful bike. The main roads here are many places more than good enough to us up to full power no matter what bike you are on.

For the ones that think I am a wanke_r and I am not. I just have passion for bikes and I know what a bike should be like. I had a GSXR1100 as one of my first bikes in 1989 two years after it came out. I've had many different sportbikes and some wicked enduro bikes except I never had any choppers. Stored back home and I still have my first bigger cc'ed bike which is a Husqvarna 1983 CR250 with a metal tank. Its in perfect condition and also had a rebuild of the engine still it didnt needed. I think it has run 10 hours after that. 3 years ago I got hold of what I was looking for, a road legal CR430 the enduro version but that was more or less a frame in terms of condition.. So some few years more and its a veteran and all the parts from the 250 is going in except the engine that will be from the crazy 500 cc Husqvarna had. That will be a rare and wicked thing to take out on the streets.

I've had serious motorbike accidents on the streets flying 30 metres through the air, endend up in hospitals. 200 kmh crash on a highway etc. I dont drive like an average driver and never will. I do never ending wheelies but not stoppies. I ve built bikes in Thailand exported them. I' ve had quite a lot parts made up in Thailand on my specs and exported them to companies. CNC parts, exhausts, fiberglass, custom made chopper tanks etc. So I guess I know something about bikes.

I for sure never look down on anyome no matter what they are driving wether it be a 250 a 400, a chopper or a trike. I couldnt care less. But what I do care about and what gets my attention is when a reputable motorcycle manufacturer is spewing out shit bikes, because that they really dont have to do.

Write to Honda.............. This is not 1980 anymore. Forums are exactly the place the manufacturers are looking around in to see what peoples opinions are. Just take a look over in some India forums and see what the communities there are saying. They are extremly disapointed.

My advice is; If you are a bit more dissapointed, then its a greater chance of Honda taking notice. Its quite simple..

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

mocyc.com is FULL of beaters, stolen goods and scams. Buyer beware!

"3 years ago"... do you even live in Thailand? :whistling:

And to you, where is your back up and proof of Mocyc.com being full of stolen goods and scams. Come with the proof then.

Such accusations and you re about to loose all the credit you have. What a fuc_kin utter nonsense post and without absolutely no back up or base in the reality.

As I said... we are waiting...

So... do you live in Thailand? And what do you ride? Why not answer these simple questions? What makes you an expert? So far you've just come off as a dick...

If you don't think there are stolen bikes for sale on mocyc.com you are either incredibly ignorant or intentionally obtuse. I am NOT going to post the names of the people I know who bought bikes on mocyc.com only to have them seized later on because they were stolen goods.

Arguing with a troll is a waste of time.

This thread is supposed to be about the new Honda CBR 250.... Why you are spamming the thread with pictures of bikes that aren't even sold in Thailand is a mystery to me...

threaddirection9xa.gif

Ride On!

Tony

I think its actually you that are making a big fool of yourself. First a Troll spray can, And now you've been on your computer making up this green sign... What a mental thing to do!

Regarding Mocyc.com and I would say you have no proof whatsoever that this site is full of stolen stuff, beaters and buyers aware, more than any other website inThailand selling bikes and stuff. That is not an established fact and will never be. I would say that this site is actually under more supervision of government officials than any other site. If this post was your backup and proof of it being that and I think other posters can see for themselves that its just rubbish proof you have come up with.

Spamming the thread with pictures of other brands. This is totally relevant as to do a comparison. Also many posters in here dont seem to not know very well what is the standard these days so for sure its nice for them to see also.

JonnyF who seem to know some about bikes and I guess he didnt even know what the 125 scene in europe was like. So yes I think it is highly relevant. Its quite common to compare models with similar models brands vise versa when it comes to cars and bikes. Some comments you ve got...blink.gif

mocyc.com is FULL of beaters, stolen goods and scams. Buyer beware!

"3 years ago"... do you even live in Thailand? :whistling:

And to you, where is your back up and proof of Mocyc.com being full of stolen goods and scams. Come with the proof then.

Such accusations and you re about to loose all the credit you have. What a fuc_kin utter nonsense post and without absolutely no back up or base in the reality.

As I said... we are waiting...

So... do you live in Thailand? And what do you ride? Why not answer these simple questions? What makes you an expert? So far you've just come off as a dick...

If you don't think there are stolen bikes for sale on mocyc.com you are either incredibly ignorant or intentionally obtuse. I am NOT going to post the names of the people I know who bought bikes on mocyc.com only to have them seized later on because they were stolen goods.

Arguing with a troll is a waste of time.

This thread is supposed to be about the new Honda CBR 250.... Why you are spamming the thread with pictures of bikes that aren't even sold in Thailand is a mystery to me...

threaddirection9xa.gif

Ride On!

Tony

I think its actually you that are making a big fool of yourself. First a Troll spray can, And now you've been on your computer making up this green sign... What a mental thing to do!

Regarding Mocyc.com and I would say you have no proof whatsoever that this site is full of stolen stuff, beaters and buyers aware, more than any other website inThailand selling bikes and stuff. That is not an established fact and will never be. I would say that this site is actually under more supervision of government officials than any other site. If this post was your backup and proof of it being that and I think other posters can see for themselves that its just rubbish proof you have come up with.

Spamming the thread with pictures of other brands. This is totally relevant as to do a comparison. Also many posters in here dont seem to not know very well what is the standard these days so for sure its nice for them to see also.

JonnyF who seem to know some about bikes and I guess he didnt even know what the 125 scene in europe was like. So yes I think it is highly relevant. Its quite common to compare models with similar models brands vise versa when it comes to cars and bikes. Some comments you ve got...blink.gif

Add me to the class of people who think you're a wanke_r (if that didn't come across before).

I've known bigbikebkk for quite some time and I assure you he has no time for being "on your computer making up this green sign".

I don't recall ANYBODY asking you to do, what in your eyes seems to be, a comparison....IIRC the thread title was "Honda Cbr 250R 2011" not "Honda Cbr 250R 2011 sux big munky ballz", "There's a metric <deleted> tonne of small bikes better than the Honda Cbr 250R 2011", "I've allegedly got cool Thai friends and supposedly own 'wicked' bikes that embarrass the Honda Cbr 250R 2011" nor even "A comparison of options to the Honda Cbr 250R 2011".

As far as the bikes you posted earlier; the Aprilla RS 125 is not long for this world being two stroke (and it's notorious for seizing even with proper maintenance) and with the exception of arguably better looks the YZ offers nothing over the CBR 125 except for a greater initial cost and a higher repair bill should it tip over....

Finally most all the posters in this thread seem to indicate from the tone of their posts that they consider you a pompus donkey (the e-dick waving about pulling super long wheelies doesn't help us associate you with anything other than a juvenile squid) and as such why don't you, repeating what I said earlier, start your own thread where you can piss all over the Honda CBR 250R and we can give it a pass. This thread was created to disseminate information in regards to a LEGAL bike that HAS A WARRANTY and can be fixed for close to nothing almost anywhere in the kingdom.

**edit**

Reading this posting, it sure seems to me (in complete disregard to what you're preaching) like you're riding around on a CBR 150R....perhaps I'm wrong?

Edited by dave_boo

Another issue you haven't addressed is the value of a WARRANTY and the COST OF OPERATION. While I might agree that the Honda CBR 250 is not a terribly exciting bike, it will come with a warranty and cheap local parts. The cost of running a CBR 250 will be MUCH MUCH lower than ANY of the imported grey market bikes you've listed above. When you purchase a grey market import you have NO warranty and NO local parts supply chain. Grey Market imports often have very dodgy service histories. Sourcing parts from abroad can be time consuming and expensive. If you have the time and budget for a grey market import, great! But if not, then buying local makes much more sense.

The Honda CBR 250 probably isn't going to win any races but I'm sure it will be of typical Honda quality and provide many years of reliable low cost service.

Ride On!

Tony

Things doesnt always seem to go hand in hand do they? "The value of a warranty"... but what you dont value giving to your own customers

Link:

Some great philosophy you got here big boy!

I stopped into to the Honda dealer here in CM yesterday. Wanted to see the new 250CBR. The cute girl

told me "do not have, but we have this" and pointed to a bike like your new bike. What a nice looking bike dude, very sharp.

Ride her in the best of health.

actually, i agree with ThunderB, Honda have made a real half-assed effort here...very least they could have done is call it a 150F not a 150 R.

No doubt the fancy fairings will fool alot of people into thinking they are getting a "sportsbike" , ...sheep in wolves clothing and all that...

The swingarm is complete crap, i could knock up something better in my back shed with some box iron and those adjusters will crap out after 12 months

Whoever writes the first review, please cover the riding position. I'm very stubborn about a standard riding position, which is why I've never been a fan of sport bikes in general. But in their advertising for the CBR250, Honda is spouting something about the riding position being ergonomic, or something like that. (I can't find the reference now on their truly unusable--but oh so cool--U.S. and Australia websites.)

Okay, the U.K. site came through:

"The CBR250R’s riding position is fundamental to its versatility, ensuring comfort and control regardless of the task at hand." Once someone has ridden this bike for a while, please let us know what you think. Could a strictly standard rider learn to like this bike's riding position?

The swingarm is complete crap, i could knock up something better in my back shed with some box iron and those adjusters will crap out after 12 months

Looks like the same swing arm that was on the old CBR150R; mine was 6 years old and covered 50k kms when i sold it and was still okay. When you make up your swingarm, post some pictures and a price and we'll how many orders you get. :) Whether you and Thundermouth like it or not, there are gonna be a lot of CBR250R sold so business for your backyard superdooper swingarm should be good; unless of course your swingarm is crap and no one buys it. :whistling:

Whoever writes the first review, please cover the riding position. I'm very stubborn about a standard riding position, which is why I've never been a fan of sport bikes in general. But in their advertising for the CBR250, Honda is spouting something about the riding position being ergonomic, or something like that. (I can't find the reference now on their truly unusable--but oh so cool--U.S. and Australia websites.)

"The CBR250R’s riding position is fundamental to its versatility, ensuring comfort and control regardless of the task at hand." Once someone has ridden this bike for a while, please let us know what you think. Could a strictly standard rider learn to like this bike's riding position?

The photos i've seen of people riding it it seems a fairly upright relaxed position. Have a look at the promo video on the Honda World CBR250R website to get an idea of it http://world.honda.com/CBR250R/index.html. There are also some pics of the bike 2 up.

post-70604-0-61830100-1288930357_thumb.j

oh... i forgot...with the amount of torque it puts out, most likely you won't have to adjust the chain or change the back tyre until 50 k.. so i guess they should last a while.. be careful when when tighten the axle bolt or you'll bend the swing-arm, thats if the box metal doesn't crumple up first :whistling:

oh... i forgot...with the amount of torque it puts out, most likely you won't have to adjust the chain or change the back tyre until 50 k.. so i guess they should last a while.. be careful when when tighten the axle bolt or you'll bend the swing-arm, thats if the box metal doesn't crumple up first :whistling:

BTW BillyO will your swingarm have a 3 year warranty?

While you're out in the shed building the swingarm, make yourself a wheelchair too. At least for this argument you have shown you haven't got a leg to stand on. :lol:

To a point you are right about the tyre though; if they put those crap IRC tyres on it, it will last forever.

You've got good taste in motorbikes. Could you maybe tell us how you feel about the FI and the ride in general. Did it seem well sorted out?

As i said before im a novice regarding manual bikes, but i can tell u so far ive had a big smile on my face everytime ive been riding it, so fun goin around the curvy roads here in phuket. Ive driven the old one to but this one feels like a much better ride in my opinion, feels more like a "big bike".

Just like the Ninja 250's right?

ninjarearhugger.jpg

The CBR only has some 4 extra lb-ft over the Ninja....plus, while you may not be old enough to remember, that's the way all the older machines were set up...

BTW BillyO will your swingarm have a 3 year warranty?

While you're out in the shed building the swingarm, make yourself a wheelchair too. At least for this argument you have shown you haven't got a leg to stand on. :lol:

To a point you are right about the tyre though; if they put those crap IRC tyres on it, it will last forever.

thaichiplanet, If you had been a bit more experianced with bikes and how to turn a nut and you would have agreed with Mr Osbourne about thightening the axle bolt. That is actually a fact on the CBR150's swingarm.

If thightening it hard and you can see the metal is bending in wards so yeah the metal and swingarm is crap. These are exactly the quality things I have been talking about all the way long. And I have no doubt is any different on the 250.

Yes I also have a CBR150 as one of my bikes for fun and just another project but it has little to do with a CBR150 anymore. Everything is changed including the crap swingarm. After the rebuild currently about 28 hp I would guess and before the long stroke snapped and the whole engine blew it was approx 32 hp with a higher degree cam and a different carb setting than now. I am as one mentioned waiting for a long stroke crank kit made for the AP Honda sponsored racing team by AP Honda. Will be fun to see how much the new one can take. Next rebuild will also be with JE or Wiseco piston, bigger valves and a Mikuni Flatslide.

This is how it looks when it snaps

CIMG4260.jpg

CIMG4258.jpg

CIMG4256.jpg

CIMG4254.jpg

Ported intake for the ones that know what that is.

P0391.jpg

From what I can see there are about 4 or perhaps 5 posters on this thread knocking the bike but none of them seem to have seen on let alone actually ridden or bought one.

I suspect that Honda will sell more CBR 150 and 250 bikes in Thailand alone than there are riders and owners of big bikes in Thailand in total.

I ride a Honda Phantom 200 which suits me nicely but I may change up to a CBR 250 if things work out right though I would have preferred a VTR 250 but it never came here.

The Phantom is not what I would call a great bike either but I have no desire to get a big bike anyway. I have a friend in BKK who has a BMW 1200 and also an big black Yamaha (can't remember which model) and I am glad for him as he is happy with what he owns. I could probably be OK on the BMW but I would think the Yamaha would kill me within a few days.

Not everybody in Thailand wants or can afford a big bike and yes it would be wonderful if there was a larger choice of LEGAL bikes with green books and warranty.

The Aprilia mentioned earlier is GBP 4,099 in the UK and given an exchange rate of 47 baht it comes to about 192,700 baht which is a little more than 67% more expensive than the CBR 250. If you were to add a conservative 250% import duty and various taxes it would come in at around 482,000 THB and this for a model with no fuel injection or ABS.

Also there will be very few if any dealerships in the larger cities and as for the smaller towns and villages "forget it" springs to mind.

Wow, value for money or what.

Why would anybody in THAILAND want to pay more than 3 times the price for a 125 cc motorbike than you would for the Honda.

For that price you could get a Yamaha FZ6 600cc 4 cylinder or a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 classic 900cc bike,a Suzuki SV 650 SA at about 480,000, the cheapest Ducati 700cc at 580,000, the cheapest BMW would be about 600,000, there is a Triumph 865cc for only 510,000 baht. There is a Honda Fury VTI 1300 ABS for "only" 668,000 baht

All these should be available in Thailand.

So who would want to import a 125cc motorbike from an EU country when you have such a choice and I am sure that at least one of them is a "great" bike.

From what I can see there are about 4 or perhaps 5 posters on this thread knocking the bike but none of them seem to have seen on let alone actually ridden or bought one.

I suspect that Honda will sell more CBR 150 and 250 bikes in Thailand alone than there are riders and owners of big bikes in Thailand in total.

I ride a Honda Phantom 200 which suits me nicely but I may change up to a CBR 250 if things work out right though I would have preferred a VTR 250 but it never came here.

The Phantom is not what I would call a great bike either but I have no desire to get a big bike anyway. I have a friend in BKK who has a BMW 1200 and also an big black Yamaha (can't remember which model) and I am glad for him as he is happy with what he owns. I could probably be OK on the BMW but I would think the Yamaha would kill me within a few days.

Not everybody in Thailand wants or can afford a big bike and yes it would be wonderful if there was a larger choice of LEGAL bikes with green books and warranty.

The Aprilia mentioned earlier is GBP 4,099 in the UK and given an exchange rate of 47 baht it comes to about 192,700 baht which is a little more than 67% more expensive than the CBR 250. If you were to add a conservative 250% import duty and various taxes it would come in at around 482,000 THB and this for a model with no fuel injection or ABS.

Also there will be very few if any dealerships in the larger cities and as for the smaller towns and villages "forget it" springs to mind.

Wow, value for money or what.

Why would anybody in THAILAND want to pay more than 3 times the price for a 125 cc motorbike than you would for the Honda.

For that price you could get a Yamaha FZ6 600cc 4 cylinder or a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 classic 900cc bike,a Suzuki SV 650 SA at about 480,000, the cheapest Ducati 700cc at 580,000, the cheapest BMW would be about 600,000, there is a Triumph 865cc for only 510,000 baht. There is a Honda Fury VTI 1300 ABS for "only" 668,000 baht

All these should be available in Thailand.

So who would want to import a 125cc motorbike from an EU country when you have such a choice and I am sure that at least one of them is a "great" bike.

Finally you'll have a bike to go on those rides with the rest of us!!!

I think you'made a good point on Hühnerkacke4ever's post though; and that's disregarding the warranty and services.....

Why don't we get names of shops that build these bikes so that we can make sure we don't patron them?

For instance, any shop that uses silcone (and so much it runs down into the cam chain raceway!) doesn't need my, or my mate's, business.

post-27441-0-78392200-1288948335_thumb.j

It's also interesting how the hardened laminate sleeve shattered like it did; kinda makes me wonder whether it was a contributing factor into the self-destruction of your bike's engine.

post-27441-0-62604400-1288948420_thumb.j

Why don't we get names of shops that build these bikes so that we can make sure we don't patron them?

For instance, any shop that uses silcone (and so much it runs down into the cam chain raceway!) doesn't need my, or my mate's, business.

It's also interesting how the hardened laminate sleeve shattered like it did; kinda makes me wonder whether it was a contributing factor into the self-destruction of your bike's engine.

Well.. I dont see any silicone in the cam chain raceway and if you do want to know It wouldnt really matter if you sqeezed a serious amount of silicone down there just on purpose, it would be mashed up to juice in matter of no time. Did you think silicone was made out of metal?

And you obviously havent seen any components failure at 13500 rpm before have you..

Yes I also have a CBR150 as one of my bikes for fun and just another project but it has little to do with a CBR150 anymore. Everything is changed including the crap swingarm. After the rebuild currently about 28 hp I would guess and before the long stroke snapped and the whole engine blew it was approx 32 hp with a higher degree cam and a different carb setting than now. I am as one mentioned waiting for a long stroke crank kit made for the AP Honda sponsored racing team by AP Honda. Will be fun to see how much the new one can take. Next rebuild will also be with JE or Wiseco piston, bigger valves and a Mikuni Flatslide.

Usually when this sort of thing happens it is the result of over revving. The actual snap will be because the rod was too weak or the piston too heavy. Valve size, camshaft, etc. has very little to do with blow up's like this.

Polishing the rods may have helped but.....

Well.. I dont see any silicone in the cam chain raceway and if you do want to know It wouldnt really matter if you sqeezed a serious amount of silicone down there just on purpose, it would be mashed up to juice in matter of no time. Did you think silicone was made out of metal?

And you obviously havent seen any components failure at 13500 rpm before have you..

Wow, critical reasoning skills aren't that high on your toolset are they?

I was commenting on the fact that the work was so shoddy they relied on it as an apparent integral part of their headgasket....

Usually when this sort of thing happens it is the result of over revving. The actual snap will be because the rod was too weak or the piston too heavy. Valve size, camshaft, etc. has very little to do with blow up's like this.

Polishing the rods may have helped but.....

Exactly and thats why I am going with a better forged piston on the next build and also with this crank from Honda I am waiting for. When driving this bike and I am in no way trying to spare this engine and I knew I was on the limit when I took it up to 13500 rpm as done many times before, and accelerating through a corner in about 100 kmh. It snapped and the back wheel locked. The clutch went in in a split of a second , a crazy wobble and it was all fine.

"The CBR250R's riding position is fundamental to its versatility, ensuring comfort and control regardless of the task at hand." Once someone has ridden this bike for a while, please let us know what you think. Could a strictly standard rider learn to like this bike's riding position?

The photos i've seen of people riding it it seems a fairly upright relaxed position. Have a look at the promo video on the Honda World CBR250R website to get an idea of it http://world.honda.c...50R/index.html. There are also some pics of the bike 2 up.

post-70604-0-61830100-1288930357_thumb.j

Thank you very much, taichiplanet. I saw a lot of photos of the CBR250, but none with a rider onboard until yours. I think I could indeed learn to like that riding position. It's the full sports bike crouched down position that I can't abide. This looks quite rideable. I guess it's one more thing that Honda did to make it a world bike.

I'm dreaming of a Yamaha Super Tenere (XT1200Z), but it's way beyond my budget. I love the retro styling of the Suzuki TU250X, but it can't be sold in California because it never passed California Air Resources Board emissions tests. This CBR250 is an option. But Honda prices are typically through the roof in the U.S. Maybe part of the "world bike" idea will be an attractively low price here as well...

The thread is all abnout the Honda CBR 150 and 250.

You keep bringing other bikes in for comparison which actually either are not available in Thailand, are imports grey or not which will cost large sums on money, probably more than a CBR 150 just to become legal IF they can pass the emission tests. If not, you just threw away the cost of a perfectly reasonable bike.

If people don't want a CBR 150 or 250 they won't be looking at one but something more to there needs at a higher price and be perfectly happy to do so. On the other hand if the Honda is what they like they won't give a rats ass what anybody else thinks or says because it is THEIR CHOICE.

If you can persuade anyone to buy a big bike instead of the Honda then good for you but I doubt that will happen as the vast majority of the posters here are looking for something that is reasonably priced, street legal, fixable at most local dealers and is not to expensive to keep on the road and perhaps in the future has a reasonable resale value.

As I recall this is a thread about the Honda CBR 250.

Everybody who has read the thread knows that you don't like it and I would think that 90% or more don't care what you think any more so I am politely asking you to please give it a rest and get on with your life and let the people who ARE interested get on with theirs

EXACTLY! I'm in that 90%+ group who don't give a rats ass about what he, or anyone else, thinks. I'm waiting for the 250 to come in, but if I decide I like the 150 better, then I'll go with that.

post-82655-0-22718000-1289029842_thumb.j

Edited by Just1Voice

Sorry to break this to ye, but there's nothing about aphonda releasing the 250 in thailand.

Their own website has nothing, and the Honda website detailing the release of it:

http://world.honda.com/news/2010/2101027CBR250R/

BANGKOK, Thailand, October 27, 2010 - Honda will produce the new CBR250R road sports model in Thailand and launch sales in November. This CBR250R will have the largest engine displacement of any vehicle produced by Thai Honda Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (Thai Honda), Honda’s motorcycle production company in Thailand, and will be its first full-fledged road sports model. Following in the footsteps of last year’s PCX 125cc scooter produced and sold by Thai Honda, the CBR250R will be launched as a global model for export to a wide range of countries such as the ASEAN countries, Japan, Europe, North America, and Australia. In Japan, the CBR250R is scheduled to begin sales in the spring of 2011

Doesn't actually say that it's being released here.

Don't listen to anything the dealers tell ye. As has been shown they vary from not eveing knowing it's existence, to having it priced at 100k.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Dear Mr. T.

You have made your point. Over and over and over.

Time to sit back and let us speculate how suitable this machine will be for the rest of us.

You are in danger of being tagged a "serial antagonizer".

And that could mean a little "vacation".