Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

^^ This is what Saik on the cbr250.org site said about it with the stock pipe:

it does make the engine breath easy but the ECU will read the air flow from throttle body and will remap... so no use other than getting the holing sound.. that was the first mod i tried and revered it since our place is so dusty....

its a continues process of checking the air flow through throttle body and the ECU only allow the injector to send enough petrol to burn.. and it may make the mix lean.

Perhaps that means more to others than to me - seems he's saying that with stock pipe it won't remap.

^ Actually there's a 1994 NSR250R for sale at 50,000thb ono that I might be getting next month as a play thing, if can get that cleaned up and properly tuned it's unrestricted 60HP would be quite a bit of fun.

Edited by hehehoho

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Honda dealer in U-Thong, between Kanchanaburi and Supanburi has the 250 ABS model for an eye watering 170k bht. They let on that they have yet to sell a single one.

Well you know not to buy one thenph34r.gif

No, what I know is that it pays to shop around as I have just sourced a brand new one at 99k and hopefully it'll be mine later this week!

The Honda dealer in U-Thong, between Kanchanaburi and Supanburi has the 250 ABS model for an eye watering 170k bht. They let on that they have yet to sell a single one.

No, what I know is that it pays to shop around as I have just sourced a brand new one at 99k and hopefully it'll be mine later this week!

Sorry Apetley i missed out the word "that". Good that you have found a decent dealer.. care to share?

Roller Rocker Arm noise?

Guys on an American forum have claimed to have found the rattle that they, and I suffer from at about 5,500rpm.

They say that there's about 1mm of play between the roller rocker arms and the machined surface of the head. As you get moving they skate side to side causing a buzzy, rattly sound. Apparently a spring washer placed between them might help.

gallery_129497_1483_8711.jpg

What do ye guys think? If I was asked yesterday what roller rocker arms were I would have said they're were what Jimi Hendrix used to play the guitar.

Roller Rocker Arm noise?

Guys on an American forum have claimed to have found the rattle that they, and I suffer from at about 5,500rpm.

They say that there's about 1mm of play between the roller rocker arms and the machined surface of the head. As you get moving they skate side to side causing a buzzy, rattly sound. Apparently a spring washer placed between them might help.

What do ye guys think? If I was asked yesterday what roller rocker arms were I would have said they're were what Jimi Hendrix used to play the guitar.

Honda's stellar reputation for quality engineering has suffered a bit with this new bike methinks... How on earth could they not have noticed this during R&D?

post-38418-0-31467100-1309244161_thumb.j

Roller Rocker Arm noise?

Sad to say i have the same noise, have taken it in to two different dealers and they say the noise is normal. Nevertheless it bugs the shit out of me.

Edited by thaidiver

Sad to say i have the same noise, have taken it in to two different dealers and they say the noise is normal. Nevertheless it bugs the shit out of me.

Sad to say that that's good to know. :D That it isn't just mine but something that seems to be an issue with a lot of the bikes. The first batch of indian models sold seem to have shim issues. A few here and in America seem to have this 5500rpm buzzy, rattle. If it's all down to the one issue than it should have a common solution. Hopefully it can be located and rectified.

They were too busy preparing somtam at the time? Don't know it as fact at the mo.

Can ye see the pic I uploaded, doesn't show from here?

I doubt very much that the factory in Thailand had any input on the R&D of this bike.

Any engineering cock ups will have to be blamed on Honda Japan where the bike was developed.

Nope, can't see your pic.

Two options. Either it was a clossolal cock-up with Honda's engineering or the Thai plant is not following design specifications.

I'm personally leaning toward the implementation. The casting mold being 2mm too thin between the two rockers is believable. None the less the rocker arms should be firmly attached to their rocker shaft which should be firmly set to prevent side loading (as a note...if there are no marks on the spring retainers, but rather just the valve ends/retainer clips, there's a good chance the theory postulated is wrong).

Another idea I have had floating around in my head is that perhaps since Honda designed the valvetrain so light perhaps you're actually hearing valve float (which is rather scary)? I.E. it could be a design fail in that the springs are not the correct tension or APe Honda isn't providing specced parts.

Yeh ive been wondering the same thing im thinking about a change to a 14/43 or a 15/45

I bet it probably fits.

15/43 = 2.86

15/44 = 2.93

15/45 = 3.00

14/43 = 3.07

14/44 = 3.14

I think either one of those would be fun to ride. Tried 14/44 before and it was great, but not for going out of town or for anything above 100 kph.

For my riding style i'd need to go with 15/45 for personal preference since i like to ride fast when going out of town, but don't know if they make 45t nowadays, coudn't find one before with the old model, it would've been perfect.

:D

Shad Boxes (mounting bracket included) are now Available at Sumet with a special promotional price until the end of August. They have ones for the PCX as well. Shipping is available. The prices on the left are the regular prices and the ones on the right are the promotional prices. The prices for the back rest pads are at the bottom. Thanks.

Brian

Hi there, I've become a CBR250r owner and need a top box! Will the SH45 hold 2 fullface helmets? And, judging by the pix, it is only painted (coloured?) down the top middle.

PS: The red panel at the back is a reflector....or taillamp?

I'm pretty sure you could get two full face helmets in the SH45. I will double check and confirm later. On the SH45, you have a choice of colors for the top panel. The red panel on the back is actually a reflector. Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian, I will give you a call today (Wednesday) about either a complete install (SH45) or sending one down to Pattaya. I'd like to cum up and have it fitted but I have never ridden/driven in Bangers, don't have a GPS or map and my crystal ball is back in Oz! :D

Roller Rocker Arm noise?

Apparently in terms of fixing it, if it is what's causing the rattle:

They don't have to take much apart. It would be the same as doing a valve servicing. Only, as per previous link, they don't have to remove the cams to do it.

Roller Rocker Arm noise?

Apparently in terms of fixing it, if it is what's causing the rattle:

They don't have to take much apart. It would be the same as doing a valve servicing. Only, as per previous link, they don't have to remove the cams to do it.

I have the same problem. My bike spent a month at AP in BKK and was then sent back saying that its the nature of the engine.

However the noise is much less noticeable now.

Sounds like a bit of a BS excuse. Do you know what they did to it?

A poll on the mostly American cbr250r forum has 4 saying that theirs has the same problem, against 3 saying theirs doesn't.

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/honda-cbr250-general-discussion/803-poll-does-your-cbr250r-have-rattle-noise-5500rpm.html

I think too many people are commenting about it for it not to be a manufacturing issue, such as the roller rocker arms, like the shims issues that plagued the first batch of Indian bikes.

Shad Boxes (mounting bracket included) are now Available at Sumet with a special promotional price until the end of August. They have ones for the PCX as well. Shipping is available. The prices on the left are the regular prices and the ones on the right are the promotional prices. The prices for the back rest pads are at the bottom. Thanks.

Brian

Hi there, I've become a CBR250r owner and need a top box! Will the SH45 hold 2 fullface helmets? And, judging by the pix, it is only painted (coloured?) down the top middle.

I'm pretty sure you could get two full face helmets in the SH45. I will double check and confirm later. On the SH45, you have a choice of colors for the top panel. The red panel on the back is actually a reflector. Thanks.

Brian

I checked yesterday, and two full face helmets cannot fit in the SH45. However, the mounting bracket is closed, so you could use a chain lock to attach one of the helmets to it.

Brian

Brian

I checked yesterday, and two full face helmets cannot fit in the SH45. However, the mounting bracket is closed, so you could use a chain lock to attach one of the helmets to it.

Sorry for the confusion, but I just spoke with one of my customers that has the SH45. He says that he can fit two full face helmets in it. I guess it depends on the size and style of the helmets.

Edited by SumetCycle

Agreed.

I have a flip up Nolan and an HJC both of which are too long in the chin so to speak so either one or the other but not both.

By all accounts the SH46 has a squarer profile and takes 2 lids more easily but if your box is for lids... what do you do with all the other stuff in the box when you park up :)

Keep a small lock in the top box :)

The SH45 looks and feels great on my CBR.

Good build quality.

Great plate (rack). Strong construction and fixings too.

Worth every penny / baht

It was a toss up between the 40 and 45 but personally I like the extra space as it takes my briefcase :)

Bottom line?

Just get one and enjoy the benefits. Simple :)

Sorry Apetley i missed out the word "that". Good that you have found a decent dealer.. care to share?

As I placed my deposit today on the last red one in the shop :D I think I can safely reveal it's a dealer in Chumphon recommended by 'Judas'. As we have a couple of days down that way planned for next week I will be picking it up then.

a guy in another forum has increased the bore of his cylinder, so it now has 300 cc.

he has also taken compression up to 13:1 and is verry happy about it.

does anybody know where i can get this done propperly in los?

cheers

Did he mention if he just increased the bore size or also did the stroke?

Doing the bore alone would require going to a 83mm bore size from the stock size of 76 mm, which would get 297.706 cc, that's a lot of metal to be taking out, and id be scared of overheating !

Increasing the stroke to 58mm from 55mm and a bore of 80mm would get 291.659 cc (59mm stroke = 296.688cc) Are these the Indians doing the mods?

he justincreased the bore to 83. i thought honda had made the cylinder wall extra thin. i hope he´s not pushing his luck too much there

did he mention how he raised the compression? Used a different piston or shaved the head?

he justincreased the bore to 83. i thought honda had made the cylinder wall extra thin. i hope he´s not pushing his luck too much there

did he mention how he raised the compression? Used a different piston or shaved the head?

he said, he didn`t cut the head.....

i´d löve to get that mod on my bike

does anybody know where i can get the cylinder bored up in los?

cheers

it does make the engine breath easy but the ECU will read the air flow from throttle body and will remap... so no use other than getting the holing sound.. that was the first mod i tried and revered it since our place is so dusty....

its a continues process of checking the air flow through throttle body and the ECU only allow the injector to send enough petrol to burn.. and it may make the mix lean.

Perhaps that means more to others than to me - seems he's saying that with stock pipe it won't remap.

^ Actually there's a 1994 NSR250R for sale at 50,000thb ono that I might be getting next month as a play thing, if can get that cleaned up and properly tuned it's unrestricted 60HP would be quite a bit of fun.

Saik is the guy who can't afford $70 for a dyno run but claims that simply by changing the thumper's camshaft he can achieve a 20-25% increase in max Hp... No remap required according to Saik! He had to back peddle on that one when called out! :lol: Read some of his other posts and you'll quickly realize he's a bit of a dreamer... :rolleyes:

Saik is the guy who can't afford $70 for a dyno run but claims that simply by changing the thumper's camshaft he can achieve a 20-25% increase in max Hp... No remap required according to Saik! He had to back peddle on that one when called out! :lol: Read some of his other posts and you'll quickly realize he's a bit of a dreamer... :rolleyes:

well well well toni...

you know, the wise man accept the world as it is.

dreamers try to change it

by this ALL our progress comes from the dreamers!!!

i have a dream - i still have a dream (mlk)

so tony - who knows how to bore a cylinder in los? maybe you know

cheers