Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

I have just read a few more posts on the rideasia site about the moto3 ( cb"R" 250's ) race over the weekend and it seems like those little thumpers were posting lap times faster then the 650 Kawasakis!

Perhaps those racing Kawasaki 650s need to upgrade to the CBR250R if they want to improve their lap times.

Just taking a look at the times and well, CBR250R on pole at 1:29.2 and 4 riders under 1:30. Fastest lap at 1:28.7

The fastest Er-6n couldn't break 1:31. With most getting best times in the 1:34s.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting those lap times. Quite illuminating. I saw a few video clips of the ER6's racing on that track and it looked like there were a few decent straights. Apparently the class the CBR's are racing in is called Moto3 (production) and the bikes have to run on road tyres. I read that the CBR's were carrying much higher corner speeds than the Kawasakis. Perhaps they do handle after all?

Thanks for posting those lap times. Quite illuminating. I saw a few video clips of the ER6's racing on that track and it looked like there were a few decent straights. Apparently the class the CBR's are racing in is called Moto3 (production) and the bikes have to run on road tyres. I read that the CBR's were carrying much higher corner speeds than the Kawasakis. Perhaps they do handle after all?

The Honda MotoGP3 bike is NOT the same as the for sale in Thailand CBR250R. Totaly different chassis and suspension. The engine is based on the stock CBR250 but severly modified to produce (from memory) in excess of 45hp.

The MotoGP3 bike is sold as a limited production track bike. It is not road legal in any country. (well maybe in the back blocks of Isaan) It is available through Honda dealers in Australia for the tidy sum of $13000 or approximately 420,000 THB I doubt any Thai dealers even know of its existance??? but I presume made in Thailand.

Now the dream is if they were to make one half way between the two for higher performance road use??? maybe then some would be ok to have the capital R after CBR250 :rolleyes:

The Honda MotoGP3 bike is NOT the same as the for sale in Thailand CBR250R. Totaly different chassis and suspension. The engine is based on the stock CBR250 but severly modified to produce (from memory) in excess of 45hp.

I've a feeling you're confusing it with the NSF250.

Honda-moto3-NSF250R.jpg

Honda has built such a motorcycle with the NSF250R and presented during the Grand Prix of Catalunya. The Honda NSF 250 R is a newly developed 250cc four-stroke single-cylinder engine powered by the 35.5 kW (48.2 HORSEPOWER) is at 13,000 rpm. The new 250 to be delivered starting in December in the color white and costs expected to 20000 euro of plus statutory value added tax.

Edited by hehehoho

I've a feeling you're confusing it with the NSF250.

Honda-moto3-NSF250R.jpg

Honda has built such a motorcycle with the NSF250R and presented during the Grand Prix of Catalunya. The Honda NSF 250 R is a newly developed 250cc four-stroke single-cylinder engine powered by the 35.5 kW (48.2 HORSEPOWER) is at 13,000 rpm. The new 250 to be delivered starting in December in the color white and costs expected to 20000 euro of plus statutory value added tax.

That is the one and the same..... developed by Honda for MotoGP3. It says it is a new engine.....in fact yes it is, but the same basic engine as the CBR...just heavily modified/tuned.including castings electronics etc. Im sure the Honda factory bikes would be a lot higher tune again. Apparently to qualify for MotoGP class, there needs be a minimum production run made...hence the limited supply available to public.

hehehehe. THATS WHAT VISIONS is saying the Thai Moto 3 is the Thai Cbr250r's modified whereas the International Honda Moto3 is the bike above.

And yes various Moto 3 bikes from various manufacturers are becoming available.

From hehehoho's post: "The Honda NSF 250 R is a newly developed 250cc four-stroke single-cylinder engine powered by the 35.5 kW (48.2 HORSEPOWER) is at 13,000 rpm. "

I know nothing about this bike. Are the cams, head, EFI, etc interchangable with the CBR250r?

From hehehoho's post: "The Honda NSF 250 R is a newly developed 250cc four-stroke single-cylinder engine powered by the 35.5 kW (48.2 HORSEPOWER) is at 13,000 rpm. "

I know nothing about this bike. Are the cams, head, EFI, etc interchangable with the CBR250r?

No, they are two completely different bikes and engines. The only thing relating them is the single cylinder and cc capacity.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/June/jun0211-honda-unveils-new-moto3-bike/

hehehehe. THATS WHAT VISIONS is saying the Thai Moto 3 is the Thai Cbr250r's modified whereas the International Honda Moto3 is the bike above.

Sorry, I thought he said they were 'one and the same' (the modified CBRs the Thai lads are racing, and the Honda NSF250R).

They aren't anything close or related in any way.

btw, anyone think of getting rid of the tail and sticking the plate under the rear fairing?

Pic isn't at a good angle, but think it would look good if done correctly.

If you want to get dirty that's ok. I would prefer the tidy tail which is offered by several shops. Actually i have it but never installed due you have to cut a holder on the back......

btw, anyone think of getting rid of the tail and sticking the plate under the rear fairing?

6_2056_1c828682638e58a.jpg

If you want to get dirty that's ok. I would prefer the tidy tail which is offered by several shops. Actually i have it but never installed due you have to cut a holder on the back......

A thai coworker (who's into bikes as well) caught me looking at the picture. He said it made the bike look "baan nok" then shakes hi head and goes "Sia dai" .:lol:

I have to agree with Hili a tail tidy would be preferable...

I have just read a few more posts on the rideasia site about the moto3 ( cb"R" 250's ) race over the weekend and it seems like those little thumpers were posting lap times faster then the 650 Kawasakis!

Perhaps those racing Kawasaki 650s need to upgrade to the CBR250R if they want to improve their lap times.

Just taking a look at the times and well, CBR250R on pole at 1:29.2 and 4 riders under 1:30. Fastest lap at 1:28.7

The fastest Er-6n couldn't break 1:31. With most getting best times in the 1:34s.

Does anybody know what the fastest lap on this circuit is , set on a kawasaki ninja 250 with similar tyres ?

We were paid a visit by Khun Nam of Namban Racing yesterday. Namban has just devloped a new aftermarket exhaust and pipe for the CBR 250. There is a race version and a silenced street version available. He kindly gave us one to test. We have installed it on a staff member's CBR 250. He has reported greatly improved acceleration and power. There are many different colors available and they retail for only 6,000 baht. I'll post some photos and a video later today. Thanks.

Brian

Cool, how quiet is the street version, compared to say the Remus, would it be quieter or pretty much the same? Cheers.

The track version is loud as hell. The street version is a bit louder than the Remus, but I actually like the Namban sound better.

Here is a link to a video of the new Namban exhaust:

<deleted> me hope he warmed the engine up before revving it like that!!!

Looks and sounds quite nice. Not too loud. Not sure about the rainbow effect on the silencer can though.

Here is a link to a video of the new Namban exhaust:

<deleted> me hope he warmed the engine up before revving it like that!!!

Looks and sounds quite nice. Not too loud. Not sure about the rainbow effect on the silencer can though.

I'm not crazy about that particular color pattern either. However, there are other colors available. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'll try to post some pics of other colors soon. Thanks.

Brian