Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

FYI - Stopped by Dunlop yesterday.

GT-501 tires

3,000 back

2,500 front.

Granted, that was for my 150, but about the same for the 250's.

Here's the website to check them out.

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=8

They are a cross-ply (bias-ply) tyre; might be better to get a radial tyre. Hard to go past the Pirellis; Sport Demons or Diablos are around the same price but if you want the best go for the Dragon Supercorsa Pro (about 8,500 the set). The Dragon Supercorsa Pro will wear faster but have brilliant grip in all conditions.

Edited by taichiplanet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GT-501 tires

3,000 back

2,500 front.

http://www.dunlopmot...g_tire.asp?id=8

They are a cross-ply (bias-ply) tyre; might be better to get a radial tyre. Hard to go past the Pirellis; Sport Demons or Diablos are around the same price but if you want the best go for the Dragon Supercorsa Pro (about 8,500 the set). The Dragon Supercorsa Pro will wear faster but have brilliant grip in all conditions.

True, but any ideas of where I can find Pirellis in Chiang Mai? Will probably go with the Michelin Sporty, but was just checking prices.

GT-501 tires

3,000 back

2,500 front.

True, but any ideas of where I can find Pirellis in Chiang Mai? Will probably go with the Michelin Sporty, but was just checking prices.

Call Charlie at Showpow (Pirelli dist) 08900 38886. she will tell you OR just order from them and they will send them to you. Easy :D

GT-501 tires

3,000 back

2,500 front.

Call Charlie at Showpow (Pirelli dist) 08900 38886. she will tell you OR just order from them and they will send them to you. Easy :D

See, I knew SOMEBODY would have the answer!! haha!

Thanks.

You know, someone earlier wrote that the foot brake would activate both front and rear, but it is the hand brake lever that activates the combi-brake. I had been puzzled, but the Honda presentation clarifies it. Good offering!

both

Honda has combibrake bikes where both footbrake and hand brake activates both front and rear brakes. Honda VTX cruiser to mention one (used to have one)

post-81971-0-84319100-1295063051_thumb.j

and on PCX both rear brake handle (left) and front break handle (right) activates both brakes

With ABS its a new world of braking bikes, and the next sensible step is to have only one brakeactivator with EBD (electronic brake distribition) as on cars

You know, someone earlier wrote that the foot brake would activate both front and rear, but it is the hand brake lever that activates the combi-brake. I had been puzzled, but the Honda presentation clarifies it. Good offering!

both

Honda has combibrake bikes where both footbrake and hand brake activates both front and rear brakes. Honda VTX cruiser to mention one (used to have one)

and on PCX both rear brake handle (left) and front break handle (right) activates both brakes

With ABS its a new world of braking bikes, and the next sensible step is to have only one brakeactivator with EBD (electronic brake distribition) as on cars

Though there would be some situations (eg racing) on Sports bikes where someone might want to turn the EDB off to revert back to the current C-ABS set up.

In an earlier post you mentioned the Audi Quattro Turbo Coupe had a switch to turn off the ABS. The owner's handbook stated this was useful for situations such as snow or gravel where it was actually quicker to stop by locking the wheels up and having the debris build up in front of the wheels. Don't think that would relate to a bike though! :D

Edited by taichiplanet

both

Though there would be some situations (eg racing) on Sports bikes where someone might want to turn the EDB off to revert back to the current C-ABS set up.

In an earlier post you mentioned the Audi Quattro Turbo Coupe had a switch to turn off the ABS. The owner's handbook stated this was useful for situations such as snow or gravel where it was actually quicker to stop by locking the wheels up and having the debris build up in front of the wheels. Don't think that would relate to a bike though! :D

agree

on an non ABS bike like the VTX, I disliked the combi brake very much. 32 years of riding has made me used to apply the rear brakes only when rearwheel braking is desired.

cars still stop better without ABS below 20-30 kmh on ice/snow/gravel, but for most drivers the advantage of being able to steer car while ABS braking is more important

I would assume this applies for most bike riders too. On my 2010 Ninja 650R it feels great to just apply full braking power when needed, knowing I would not be able to balance it better myself, and still being able to steer :D

I've just completed a weeks trial on a rented CBR250r in Pattaya. Took me back to my youth.

What an awesome bit of kit this machine is and totally worth every penny of the 100k.

Bit of info for you guys...my renter told me the dealers will be increasing the sale price from 100k, but dont know what too!

And, Honda have received lots of requests for a tri-coloured CBR250r and are said to be considering this.

I've just completed a weeks trial on a rented CBR250r in Pattaya. Took me back to my youth.

What an awesome bit of kit this machine is and totally worth every penny of the 100k.

Bit of info for you guys...my renter told me the dealers will be increasing the sale price from 100k, but dont know what too!

And, Honda have received lots of requests for a tri-coloured CBR250r and are said to be considering this.

Don't ask me where, out of the 100's of websites I've browsed, but on ONE of them I saw a tri-color version. Not sure if it was a photo shop or not. The same red/white/blue, but in a different pattern than the 150.

This place (people) never cease to amaze me, this bike has been on paper for god knows how long, and im sure the price was well thought out prior to release date.

( HONDA THAILAND) what a joke.

Edited by easylife

Don't ask me where, out of the 100's of websites I've browsed, but on ONE of them I saw a tri-color version. Not sure if it was a photo shop or not. The same red/white/blue, but in a different pattern than the 150.

The Pearl Spencer Blue (tri-colour) will be available in other countries, don't know why it wasn't an option in thailand. Oh wait, yes i do; APe Honda!

post-70604-0-91112400-1295072439_thumb.j

Some countries will also get an all black (not, not that crappy football team) one.

post-70604-0-13577000-1295072762_thumb.j

There's an all black at the dealer by the airport in CNX. But when I buy, it will be the black/silver ABS. That was going to be next month, but with the way my health is going, or not going, whichever may be the case, I may put it off for a while. Hell, I've had my 150 for over a month now, and just took it today for the 1k oil change, etc. Shows you how much riding I've been doing. Kinda hard to ride when you're sick and in pain most of the time. But, hey, look at the bright side. I could be dead, and I doubt if they have CBR's in Hell.

:o

I want WHITE.

Here ya go!

You could have at least got me a gloss can :D

(and WHERE do you buy that in BKK)

One Gloss coming up!! As for Krylon, if ya want it in Thailand, order it from Amazon.com. Trust me, I've searched every paint and home supply company in Chiang Mai for it.

post-82655-0-74271300-1295078186_thumb.j

The tri-color version is available at least on the french and swiss market. And it's the CBR250R 2011.

But there is no silver and no red versions for these countries. The black model (all black) looks better than the thai model though.

Honda Suisse

Honda France

Ok guys i need some help my dealer finally confirmed i will get mine on tuesday. I wanna replace the pipe asap. so what the science on pipes? I have to be careful by choosing a local made pipe so what is important or do i just throw the one i like on my bike? And should i wait to change the pipe until motor is break in?

I may gonna get that one from praram2bikes anybody know about this guys are they good?

post-77479-0-40469500-1295091042_thumb.j

Edited by Hili

Ok guys i need some help my dealer finally confirmed i will get mine on tuesday. I wanna replace the pipe asap. so what the science on pipes? I have to be careful by choosing a local made pipe so what is important or do i just throw the one i like on my bike? And should i wait to change the pipe until motor is break in?

I may gonna get that one from praram2bikes anybody know about this guys are they good?

Don't know BUT i would look at it closely and try and see if they have one on a bike.. it looks LOUD. Also does it have a downpipe. How do you fit to the bike.

Remember what Kata said about the ecu connection and that the catalyst is expensive.

Don't know BUT i would look at it closely and try and see if they have one on a bike.. it looks LOUD. Also does it have a downpipe. How do you fit to the bike.

Remember what Kata said about the ecu connection and that the catalyst is expensive.

praram2bkes advertising this pipe on cbr250thai.com so it seems they can make it fit. I saw a clip on their facebook site yes its loud now not sure if its a good idea in bkk.

this one is another option, nice smooth sound

post-77479-0-07724500-1295095696_thumb.j

Edited by Hili

Hilli.. that one sounds ok. and looks nice..

how much.. i think its a copy..

They said 6500 including downpipe, yes its a local made one based on the pipe at the mugen cbr250.

Ok so same as K-speeds copy Biturbo.. :D:D:D

I do like that mugen one :D