Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Ok guys i need some help my dealer finally confirmed i will get mine on tuesday. I wanna replace the pipe asap. so what the science on pipes? I have to be careful by choosing a local made pipe so what is important or do i just throw the one i like on my bike? And should i wait to change the pipe until motor is break in?

I may gonna get that one from praram2bikes anybody know about this guys are they good?

post-77479-0-40469500-1295091042_thumb.j

Is that the standard or the ABS version your getting , Hili

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys i need some help my dealer finally confirmed i will get mine on tuesday. I wanna replace the pipe asap. so what the science on pipes? I have to be careful by choosing a local made pipe so what is important or do i just throw the one i like on my bike? And should i wait to change the pipe until motor is break in?

I may gonna get that one from praram2bikes anybody know about this guys are they good?

Is that the standard or the ABS version your getting , Hili

Standard one. ABS seems first ones will hit the dealers end of jan beginning of feb.

Edited by Hili

Hilli.. that one sounds ok. and looks nice..

how much.. i think its a copy..

They said 6500 including downpipe, yes its a local made one based on the pipe at the mugen cbr250.

Looks pretty nice and sounds good too. If you are willing to wait 1-2 months and pay a bit more I've had a few emails from the 'big boys' who said that they will make one ASAP.

Two Bros, Ixil, Screaming Demon, Hot Bodies Racing and Scorpion are the ones who have replied so far and all confirmed they will be selling one around March/April time.

Just been reading peoples thoughts on the CBR 250r V Ninja 250 in another thread and the single v twin debate. Slightly off-topic as I want to ask about the Kawasaki single in the D-Tracker/KLX 250.

How have Honda been able to make a single with 26hp which passes the emmission tests and therefore doesn't need to be restricted while Kawasaki's single in the D-Tracker needs to be restricted and only makes around 20hp?

Hilli.. that one sounds ok. and looks nice..

how much.. i think its a copy..

They said 6500 including downpipe, yes its a local made one based on the pipe at the mugen cbr250.

Looks pretty nice and sounds good too. If you are willing to wait 1-2 months and pay a bit more I've had a few emails from the 'big boys' who said that they will make one ASAP.

Two Bros, Ixil, Screaming Demon, Hot Bodies Racing and Scorpion are the ones who have replied so far and all confirmed they will be selling one around March/April time.

hey stu thanks for the hint yes its defiantly interesting what accessories coming out for the cbr250 as it will be released worldwide i think there alot to come due everybody wants a piece of cake :D

sure but what is a bit more? 20000? I cant see myself buying a pipe thw cost 25% of the bike I am intending to keep for 8 months...

20,000+ if you buy it in Thailand yes but around half that for the same pipe if you buy one from America, find a dealer willing to put a lower value for customs and get it sent USPS Priority.

I bought a Leo Vince pipe last year, price including postage and customs duty was just over 11,000, the same pipe bought in BKK would have cost me 21,500baht.

Check inside to see how the weld penetration is. I have had to repair my Faddy pipe 3 times and if you look at the joints on the inside, there is definitely a space there with no metal. The repaired joints have a bead even on the inside the completely fills the void. I should have just taken the pipe to the repair shop and have them do every joint at the outset. The outside looked beautiful.

I've been hunting around for a decent tank bag and just found out that Kriega will be available by the end of the month :D

Really great kit...

A bit pricey but soooo good and all the bags fit to eachother.

CBR250 racks aren't available (yet) and I know some people don't like racks...

Panniers are not as portable and widen the bike somewhat

And the Kriega back packs are stunning but who carries it?

Anyone have better options than the US20 + US 10 with the tank base unit for short trips?

If not point your pay check in this direction... www.kriega.com

I feel mine pointing that way already!

I've been hunting around for a decent tank bag and just found out that Kriega will be available by the end of the month :D

Really great kit...

Anyone have better options than the US20 + US 10 with the tank base unit for short trips?

Tiffer they look great also price seem to be fair. Let me know if u order it we may can place an order together maybe someone else interested....

Really great kit...

Tiffer they look great also price seem to be fair. Let me know if u order it we may can place an order together maybe someone else interested....

The kits going to be available through Panda on Pahonyoltin.

Same UK price :jap:

I tell you. The back packs are awesome but the issue is simply what happens with a pillion?

I'll go for the combo of US-20, US-10 and the tank adaptor.

Will be great for my weekly commute.

Split it down to 10 or 20 in town and for a longer trip... add on my 9ltr North Face bumb bag.

40ltrs is a LOT of space for a trip.

Oh. And if ever I'm lucky enough to have a cute pillion on a longer trip I can always suggest a small back pack :whistling:

Tiffer...... "The kits going to be available through Panda on Pahonyoltin.

Same UK price :jap:"

I hope they are the same price as UK,, nothing else at Panda is priced the same as UK/US all that i have seen has had a fairly large mark up.

ALSO there are racks available.. I put up a picture of a cbr with a rack a week or so ago.. It was a bike in Pattaya. Dunno where thoughbiggrin.gif

Edited by thaicbr

sure but what is a bit more? 20000? I cant see myself buying a pipe thw cost 25% of the bike I am intending to keep for 8 months...

Great minds Snowflake...

That kinda money should be stashed away ready for the purchase of the Ninja 650! I'm all up for looking after what you've got but expensive mods seem not to be economical.

Just had an email from paul at tyga-performance.com (located here in Thailand) who said that they are in the process of making a back step kit (rear sets), handlebars adjustable for height, preload adjusters on the fork legs and a CNC triple clamp. Also carbon parts such as fender, hugger and front tank cover. An exhaust will also be made in the next month or two.

email him if you have any queries

Ok finally i picked up my black one at lunch time. First impression smooth riding, nice clutch, brakes ok (think they will improve by time), suspension much better compared to the old cbr150. What i dont like are the rear sets position is strange and the gear lever seems quite high. Maybe cause i am used to the aftermarket sets of my cbr150 but will definitely replace them asap.

Sharp looking bike but the sound is ........ Oh btw i also got that premium package and the HJC helmet cause some ppl said this offer is/was limited. And i didn't paid premium including 2 year insurance including theft 93k - 105k

btw this one is a nice color theme, i will do mine black, black, black.

post-77479-0-53658700-1295261389_thumb.j

Edited by Hili

Welcome to the club. that black one has that stealth looking sticker on the silver bits I think. I was considering doing it too but will just wait and get the silver bits and rims painted. You can get that sticker on the Thai sites for a few hundred baht.

The engine sounds a lot different now after 2200km, sounds gorgeous when engine braking, and a bit rougher/growlier from 6000rpm.

Brakes are also good. I had to bring mine back to get the back brake adjusted at first as they had tightened the bolt connected to the brake lever.

How much did you pay, 105k with 2 yrs insurance? Sounds about right.

Edited by appropriate

Welcome to the club. that black one has that stealth looking sticker on the silver bits I think. I was considering doing it too but will just wait and get the silver bits and rims painted. You can get that sticker on the Thai sites for a few hundred baht.

The engine sounds a lot different now after 2200km, sounds gorgeous when engine braking, and a bit rougher/growlier from 6000rpm.

Brakes are also good. I had to bring mine back to get the back brake adjusted at first as they had tightened the bolt connected to the brake lever.

Yes 105k. Planning same like u just paint the silver parts black including rims. Did you replace the mirrors? Looking so huge hope i can find a good looking AND actually useful mirror, many aftermarket ones looking good but cant see really much.

BigBikeBKK u think the rearsets you are offering will fit on the cbr250? If yes i am interested please send me a picture via pm. Thanks

Yes 105k. Planning same like u just paint the silver parts black including rims. Did you replace the mirrors? Looking so huge hope i can find a good looking AND actually useful mirror, many aftermarket ones looking good but cant see really much.

BigBikeBKK u think the rearsets you are offering will fit on the cbr250? If yes i am interested please send me a picture via pm. Thanks

tyga-performance have the rearsets (and others) specifically for the cbr 250r, see my previous post.

Tiffer...... "The kits going to be available through Panda on Pahonyoltin.

Same UK price :jap:"

I hope they are the same price as UK,, nothing else at Panda is priced the same as UK/US all that i have seen has had a fairly large mark up.

ALSO there are racks available.. I put up a picture of a cbr with a rack a week or so ago.. It was a bike in Pattaya. Dunno where thoughbiggrin.gif

I noticed the Pattaya rack but you're the only eagle eyed one to mention of one :rolleyes:

The owner told me the price was a "global price" and did the calculations based on the UK price x Bht

By the time we take of UK mark-up, vat and what have you, there should be a good margain there already.

The 2011 Revit jacket is shown at 14.5k whereas the UK price is about 9k... so not being that flush I'm toying with the old model Revit Air which is not far off the UK price.

Now then.... my big sister did say someting about popping in to heine gericke before coming here tomorrow and they stock kriega...

Come on sis... just do it and I'll see you right :burp:

rearsets for Cbr250i. 4,900 baht.

http://mocyc.com/sto...assified=455412

Thanks thaicbr but dont like the look, its not adjustable and 4900 bht.... <deleted>

Is that expensive? I thought it was fairly reasonable considering they are made from 7075 T6 alloy. And as far as i'm aware Moth make rearsets to an International standard (eg: they will take the weight of fat bastards, not just skinny Thai kids)

rearsets for Cbr250i. 4,900 baht.

http://mocyc.com/sto...assified=455412

Thanks thaicbr but dont like the look, its not adjustable and 4900 bht.... <deleted>

Is that expensive? I thought it was fairly reasonable considering they are made from 7075 T6 alloy. And as far as i'm aware Moth make rearsets to an International standard (eg: they will take the weight of fat bastards, not just skinny Thai kids)

i think so, i got quite good rearstets for the 150 for 2300. I also work in the field of mechnical assembly and i know raw material + cnc process for such a part is much less.

"quite good rearstets"

Ok.. i have seen some of the rearsets available here. And from what i have seen they would not be up to day to day use by me (100kg+)

Whereas the Moth ones look like they will do the job.. But as i say i know nothing about alloy etc. Other than there are many different grades and quality.

Maybe BIGBIKEBKK will chip in with more info. As i know he has looked at many and tried a fair few.

"quite good rearstets"

Ok.. i have seen some of the rearsets available here. And from what i have seen they would not be up to day to day use by me (100kg+)

Whereas the Moth ones look like they will do the job.. But as i say i know nothing about alloy etc. Other than there are many different grades and quality.

Maybe BIGBIKEBKK will chip in with more info. As i know he has looked at many and tried a fair few.

sure thaicbr i understand ur point maybe they really worth the money but as iam a featherweight me not require such :D and my experience in LOS is if u look far enough u can find well priced and quality things. That why i am asking here and there jap.gif