Mcdonalds

petedk

I am posting this topic in this forum as I think it will get more coverage but if the mods want to move it then they are welcome.

Normally, I don't eat at McDonalds very often but over the past two or three months, for various reasons, I have eaten there.

I have noticed that the food (burgers) are lukewarm. The first 3 or 4 times I complained and they gave me a new burger but it wasn't really any warmer than the original one they gave me.

Last time I went there I happened to notice that the burgers are now stored in some kind of warm cupboard or drawer. I am not sure if they are stored in warm water or not.

Anyway, today I went to Burger King for the first time in a couple of years and was surprised to find that the burger was hot.

Oh.... I often go to McDonalds for a coffee and a corn pie. Last year I had to wait several minutes before eating the pie as it was so hot. Now that is also lukewarm and I can eat it within seconds.

I'd like to know if the lukewarm burgers (and pies) exist all over Thailand or even in other countries or only at the 2 or 3 branches I visit.

I must admit that now I don't feel like eating McDonalds at all.

What a load of <deleted>!!!!!! eat somewhere else.

Did the draw say dick head on it?????

The reason Burger King was hot was because they have no aircon

If you go to chilly burger you will get much colder birgers,despite the name. You should try "Eat it while it's hot" a new chain in Thailand. They sell original Thai burgers that that have chillies in and are hot all day

Edited by nellyp

What a load of <deleted>!!!!!! eat somewhere else.

The reason Burger King was hot was because they have no aircon

If you go to chilly burger you will get much colder birgers,despite the name. You should try "Eat it while it's hot" a new chain in Thailand. They sell original Thai burgers that that have chillies in and are hot all day

Thanks for the friendly reply.

I mentioned that I don't eat at McDonalds very often and wanted to know if they served cold or lukewarm burgers everywhere.

I'd eat Thai food any day instead of Mac. but sometimes I get dragged along in a group of people who decide on eating at Mac's.

Incidentally Burger King did have aircon.

As for "Eat while it's hot" I have never seen one but if I find one I'll give it a try.

Nope, Sorry. I have to defend this one.

McDs is fast food and has no excuse for being cold. The original concept was prepare the food quickly and serve it up hot to a hungry customer. Now on the two or three occasions per year that I forget mcds is rubbish, I still find myself wandering by looking to see if they have a ready boxed big mac, which I will simply not order as I want a fresh one even though it means in true thai style I get my french fries with enough time for them to go cold while I wait for the burger.

Is is really such a leap for the staff to think (or dare I say, be trained) to check if there is a delay on the burger and then not serve the fries until the burger comes. Then both parts of the meal arrive together and hot. It seems so obvious to me but I have never been in the profit making end of the catering industry. I'm just a consumer.

One might think a gently worded letter to the head office might yeild a result... But then again...

I don't eat hamburgers but the fish sandwich is always hot and 99% of the time made to order. In the States I would eat a hamburger but ordered it without onions so they had to make it to order. If you want it hot delete something and they will make it to order.

oh..i'm sorry you just now noticed...but mickey d's has been using these warming drawers all over..for..AGES!!!!! :P

love it or leave it!! but if you really want something hot..u have to be picky like say "no ketchup" or something then they have to make a new one....which will mean...microwaved to order..... >.<

Both franchises use a similar method of burger storage.

At McDonald burgers are cooked on a flat metal grill.

tay_qs24.JPG

Burgers are hot when they come off the grill and then stored in the grease from the cooked burgers in hot draws/trays, where they still remain hot, but not as hot as the right off the grill ones (and are usable for about 10 minutes)

During peak hours (or sometimes all the time at busy locations) they pre-make standard burgers to cut down on wait times. The pre-made burgers sit in a warming rack. If you get a pre-made burger off this rack it is likely to be only "warm".

Burger King follows pretty much the same procedure except they use an automated "broiler" to cook the burgers.

nieco-mpb94.jpg

They also store the burgers in trays, and then pre-made burgers in the warming rack.

The temperature of your burger depends on which stage the burger reached before it went to you; so the luck of the draw.

However at both restaurants you can specifically request your burger be made fresh ("right off the broiler" or "right off the grill") and you will have to wait longer (5 - 10minutes) but the burger will be hot and fresh.

Never noticed lukewarm burgers. But most of the time I eat McDonalds it's 3am delivery and I'm drunk, so who knows

Great post.

I eat mine before the boozing starts, and generally they're OK if a little dry.

Any other gourmands want to weigh in?

Yes I visited a Gourmet Burger restaurant the other day in London and the burger and chips plus a beer came to £15. Totally off topic but to say I wish I had gone to McDonalds coz it was no better. :o

Well I'm guessing as I've never eaten a Big Mac.

oh..i'm sorry you just now noticed...but mickey d's has been using these warming drawers all over..for..AGES!!!!! :P

love it or leave it!! but if you really want something hot..u have to be picky like say "no ketchup" or something then they have to make a new one....which will mean...microwaved to order..... >.<

Yes, I know that but I don't think I made myself clear. I don't mean the warming drawers where the finished burgers are stored.

The actually burgers are fried (or grilled) and then put into some small "steaming drawers" at the back - out of sight. I think this is done to save time when making burgers to order.

When I complained they made a new burger for me using the meat from these drawers. The bun was hot but the meat inside was still lukewarm.

The McDonalds where I have experienced this are at Major Ekamai, J-Avenue Thong Lor and Robinson Asoke.

2yrs ago was when I noticed this as well, in Australia first. The signage for Mc read 'made fresher' or some such drivel, and the word burger has been removed, in favor of sandwich in many stores. Made fresh just means you end up with nothing hot as the OP says, bring back the old cooked wilted lettuce, soggy melted cheese from a BigMac that's been in the warmer rack for 15mins I say, at least it has flavour!.

Oz

Never noticed lukewarm burgers. But most of the time I eat McDonalds it's 3am delivery and I'm drunk, so who knows

Great post.

I eat mine before the boozing starts, and generally they're OK if a little dry.

Any other gourmands want to weigh in?

Last time I had a MaccyDees I was pished and it was still &lt;deleted&gt;' vile but I was starvin' so down it went.

But give them a break, if they served hot food some snivelling little dork would burn their tender lips and sue for millions. Besides which MacDonalds is for kiddies and you have to be careful giving them hot food.

Just think yourself BLOODY lucky you can put your mits around a BigMac hot or cold, ME having withdrawal symptoms here cos theres NO mcD's where l am. Sheeeeeeeeeeesh. :o

How sad ? are you still hooked on play meals

When Maccies first opened in Khon Kaen I had to ( for want of a less patronizing word ) educate the staff not to put my takeaway french fries in the bag first and then go and cook my food because you ended up with a warm filet of fish and stone cold fries.

What a load of &lt;deleted&gt;!!!!!! eat somewhere else.

Off topic but why do some idiots always find it necessary to reply, to a not unreasonable question, in this sort of tone?

I always love the irony of someone calling someone else a &lt;deleted&gt; whilst lacking the ability to spell a simple word like 'drawer' in the same sentence.

McDonalds is crap over here. I have eaten it a few times and never got a hot burger dispite it always being brought to the table because they had none cooked! about a month ago I ate some chicken sticks and have never felt so ill in my life. I was chundering up all night long. I am glad really because it put me off going there again.

KFC is crap over here also, I always seem to get an over cooked dried out chicken in my burger there, so have also given up and will not eat there again ever.

Burgerking is the best one I think.

Took a trip south to Sattahip, just had to go to Pattaya for my burger fix. Happy to find McD and BKing next door to each other :licklips:. So, two BigMacs and then a Whopper with cheese later the shakes had disappeared, didn't matter if they were hot or cold to me, but yes the McD's were just warmish. Think in LOS they eat food hot or gone cold, doesn't matter, so perhaps it's rubbed off on the McD's.

I have also had really naff McD's in UK, cold. :sick:

talking of shakes, why is it that McDs dont sell them over here. has it got something to do with the milk they use ?

Iam sitting here eating Maccas, it was delivered about 5 minutes ago and the Bigmacs are just lush, thet are on the high side of warm.

See what you've done, now I've got the shakes again :crying:.

Whats your address, I can send you one via EMS....... might not be hot though.

Nope, Sorry. I have to defend this one.

McDs is fast food and has no excuse for being cold. The original concept was prepare the food quickly and serve it up hot to a hungry customer. Now on the two or three occasions per year that I forget mcds is rubbish, I still find myself wandering by looking to see if they have a ready boxed big mac, which I will simply not order as I want a fresh one even though it means in true thai style I get my french fries with enough time for them to go cold while I wait for the burger.

Is is really such a leap for the staff to think (or dare I say, be trained) to check if there is a delay on the burger and then not serve the fries until the burger comes. Then both parts of the meal arrive together and hot. It seems so obvious to me but I have never been in the profit making end of the catering industry. I'm just a consumer.

One might think a gently worded letter to the head office might yeild a result... But then again...

You're right! When McD's was a new and struggling burger outlet in Thailand attempting to attract Thai customers along with the farangs, the food was much better there than in McD's in the U.S. More apt to be hot, for example.

Interestingly, here in the States they just did a survey of people asking them, in terms of chains, where the best and worst burgers were. Who got rated at the very bottom? Yup -- McDonalds. Yet, their sales are highest. And the reason they get away with it is because McD's is the place people think of first through years of heavy advertising and having the most outlets.

McDonalds is crap over here. I have eaten it a few times and never got a hot burger dispite it always being brought to the table because they had none cooked! about a month ago I ate some chicken sticks and have never felt so ill in my life. I was chundering up all night long. I am glad really because it put me off going there again.

KFC is crap over here also, I always seem to get an over cooked dried out chicken in my burger there, so have also given up and will not eat there again ever.

Burgerking is the best one I think.

My complaint about KFC in Thailand is that, unlike in the West, its popcorn chicken is, to a large extent, dark meat. So, they lost my business while I lived in Thailand.