Reliable And Competent Handy Man In Jomtien

jay1980

I will be in Jomtien next week to take possession of my condo.

I would like to get 2 curtain rails put up and fit an additional lock on the door.

I won't have any tools in Thailand to do it myself so I need a handy man to do it, can anyone recommend someone and give me an idea of a fair price for the job?

Thanks in advance

Many of my friends who live in condos use the staff at their condo to do this type of work. I would check with them first and see if they have somebody onsite who can help....

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked via e-mail and seems they don't, I can have a word with the office when I get there but I would like a recommendation just in case.

If not I will just pack my little black and decker and do it myself !

cheers

Many of my friends who live in condos use the staff at their condo to do this type of work. I would check with them first and see if they have somebody onsite who can help....

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked via e-mail and seems they don't, I can have a word with the office when I get there but I would like a recommendation just in case.

cheers

Sorry I don't have a positive contribution but I would be wary of using handymen related to the condo. My experience has been that they tend to look at you as a kind of captive audience and charge as much as they can get away with and the quality of work is generally poor. Far better if you can find someone who has a recommendation as your post requested.

I've seen this question asked before and I'm sure there are answers already provided in these forums, maybe in the housing forum? Good luck.

Sorry I don't have a positive contribution but I would be wary of using handymen related to the condo. My experience has been that they tend to look at you as a kind of captive audience and charge as much as they can get away with and the quality of work is generally poor. Far better if you can find someone who has a recommendation as your post requested.

I've seen this question asked before and I'm sure there are answers already provided in these forums, maybe in the housing forum? Good luck.

I agree, when I lived in BKK was ripped off in this fashion with a repair to a stereo, the apartment office told me they could sort it for me, later found out they took it to a local repair shop and and marked up the cost to repair it 400%. That was 7 years ago and It was not enough to stress about but talked me a lesson about getting this sort of stuff done in Thailand.

cheers

Thanks for the reply.

cheers

My experience was very positive with the local apartment guy. Charged next to nothing and did OK work. My friends who live in a condo just down the street from me use their guy all the time. Does GREAT work and sometimes won't even take any money from them. My friend is 75 years old and in poor health. Can't even get on a ladder to change a light bulb. They come in and do it for free, and charge very little for small jobs. Pretty top notch IMHO.

I found a local handyman when I first moved into my house. He was horrible. Did everything wrong. I've not been able to locate a good one yet, but my landscaper has been able to do quite a few things...and I have an EXCELLENT electrician/plumber to call on if needed. Getting reliable help here is a challenge for sure.

• 1 year later...

Next week or so i need some small "handymanjobs" to be done like to fix balcony door, install some shelves, ceiling fan etc at Viewtalay 1 A ..

Anyone knows if i get o.k handyman from condo-office there or any other reccomendations?

Edited by thaitero