American Football

ChuckZ

P.S.

Anybody else sick of Brent Favre? Now he says he's going to take a couple months to decide if he's going to play in 09?

Is this guy attention crazed or what? Are we now going to have to go through the same soap opera as last year?

I hope the new coach just cuts him. Many of the players on the team didn't like him anyway, said he was in his own office, didn't really become part of the team. If the guy had any nuts he would've benched himself if his arm was in that bad of shape.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am watching the end of the really FANTASTIC BCS Championship game between Oklahoma and Florida!

I will say no more, because, if you don't already know the outcome, you'll want to watch the replay of this game that WILL be carried on TrueV's ESPN channel. Here's the schedule for the replays:

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 00015: OKLAHOMA VS. FLORIDA09-Jan-2009 21:30 00015: OKLAHOMA VS. FLORIDA11-Jan-2009 07:30Again, it's been a great game, and well worth watching.

George, was this game shown live on Truevisions? I have the PVR and checked the schedule on the PVR just before leaving the house this morning and it didn't show up. I will watch the replay, but of course the drama is now gone (I know who won).

P.S.

Anybody else sick of Brent Favre? Now he says he's going to take a couple months to decide if he's going to play in 09?

Is this guy attention crazed or what? Are we now going to have to go through the same soap opera as last year?

I hope the new coach just cuts him. Many of the players on the team didn't like him anyway, said he was in his own office, didn't really become part of the team. If the guy had any nuts he would've benched himself if his arm was in that bad of shape.

I am not sick of Favre at all. Since he doesn't play for the Cowboys, I don't pay any attention to this circus.

BTW, the Cowboys released Pacman today. He will look good in a Raiders uniform.

P.S.

I am not sick of Favre at all. Since he doesn't play for the Cowboys, I don't pay any attention to this circus.

BTW, the Cowboys released Pacman today. He will look good in a Raiders uniform.

"He will look good in a Raiders uniform."

hel_l yeah !!!

Yeah, Pacman could work as a Raider. Or a Bengal. Or in the UFL. Or as part of Mean Machine, which already has OJ Simpson and Michael Vick at RBs. But who would throw the ball?

As for Favre, I was so thrilled last year to hear that my Panthers weren't interested. Thus, he's entertaining enough for those of us who live 12 hours or so away from his time zone. If his arm strength really has gone the way of mine, I'd happily hire him to cut my grass. I hear he's really good at that sort of thing.

Oh, and that sound you hear is Chad Pennington laughing. No, wait, Chad's too classy. That sound you hear is me laughing. J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

Meanwhile I'm still deciding whether or not I'll post another message in 2009. Gimme a couple of months to think about it.

Some news of interest, just for OMR.

Texas Judge gives 7 year old right to decide custody.

Dallas, TX, December 31, 2008

A seven year old boy was at the center of a county courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Also, back in the day when Michael Irvin was having fun smoking with the hookers, and going to Super Bowls the joke went:

You know why Michael Irvin isn't allowed in the huddle?

Interaction with other known felons violates his probation.

I am watching the end of the really FANTASTIC BCS Championship game between Oklahoma and Florida!

I will say no more, because, if you don't already know the outcome, you'll want to watch the replay of this game that WILL be carried on TrueV's ESPN channel. Here's the schedule for the replays:

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 00015: OKLAHOMA VS. FLORIDA09-Jan-2009 21:30 00015: OKLAHOMA VS. FLORIDA11-Jan-2009 07:30Again, it's been a great game, and well worth watching.

George, was this game shown live on Truevisions? I have the PVR and checked the schedule on the PVR just before leaving the house this morning and it didn't show up. I will watch the replay, but of course the drama is now gone (I know who won).

No TrueV, OMR. I watched it on a SopCast stream. Very solid, clear one this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Some news of interest, just for OMR.

Texas Judge gives 7 year old right to decide custody.

Dallas, TX, December 31, 2008

A seven year old boy was at the center of a county courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should the judge granted temporary custody to the Dallas Cowboys, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Also, back in the day when Michael Irvin was having fun smoking with the hookers, and going to Super Bowls the joke went:

You know why Michael Irvin isn't allowed in the huddle?

Interaction with other known felons violates his probation.

This, coming from a Raider's fan?

Everyone who really wants to catch these games that aren't being aired here should check out www.tenyardtorrents.com. It'll change your life. If you feel like waiting 2-3 days to watch the game, you can probably get most of them in HD.

I must be pretty internet illiterate because when I have gone to tenyardtorretns, all I see are forums without any place to download anything.

P.S.

I've been sick of him for awhile. I know his stats and his eventual Hall of Fame, but once you put some wood on his ass, and/or if it's a big game, he was always a gag-artist. I took Denver straight up when they beat the Pack in the Super Bowl and won back all my previous losses. He looks and talks like a retard.

Who was the only team to beat a Vince Lombardo Packers team in an NFL championship game? EAGLES!!

He's not a Dallas Cowboy, but do you know why Mike Tyson cries during sex?

Because mace will do that...

I posted that one already Calico, I guess you must have seen it but you got the punchline wrong.

To OMR- you're right, I'm throwing stones at glass houses with the Irvin joke. But if the punchline on that joke were true the Raiders would not have anybody in the stands..........

Hello Michael Vick !

He's not a Dallas Cowboy, but do you know why Mike Tyson cries during sex?

Because mace will do that...

I posted that one already Calico, I guess you must have seen it but you got the punchline wrong.

To OMR- you're right, I'm throwing stones at glass houses with the Irvin joke. But if the punchline on that joke were true the Raiders would not have anybody in the stands..........

Hello Michael Vick !

When I lived in So Cal, I had a couple of friends who were Raidahs fans. They were actually very nice guys. Which led me to develop this description of "Raidah Nation". ... Not all Raidahs fans are hoodlums. But nearly all hoodlums are Raidahs fans.

I think that pretty much sums up what Al Davis created. I'll hate the Raidahs for as long as Al Davis is associated with that team.

hey patsfangr,

yeah, i had the regular season gamepass too . . but the playoff one is five times better, such better picture quality, very clear with large screen . . regular season was pretty fuzzy with large screen on my laptop. it was like watching the game back in PA. and it looks like next year we should be able to watch multiple games at a time . . up to four.

GO BIRDS! RIDE THE WAVE INTO THE MEADOWLANDS! NO PLAX!

Sounds great, qwunk. Although my picture was crystal clear for the Regular Season games I watched. Maybe you were having some problems with your ISP's download speeds.

I hope you're right about the simultaneous multiple games access. I tried that once this year, and, of course, it was not possible.

yeah, you probably have a faster internet connection in pattaya . . but that means you might get HD next season. mine went from fuzzy to crystal clear, so if you have enough download speed you should get the HD that's offerred now.

hook your computer up to a big screen and live large for the "tom brady comeback season" . . you should be able to make out the fibers in his leg strengthening as the season rolls on :o

I do hook up to my big screen for the "primary games", qwunk. Even if the Patriots are on TrueV, I watch them on 'NFL Game Pass', because I then get to see the studio "game breaks" for highlights of other games.

I truly have no idea how the HD thing works. My big screen is "HD capable", but I have no idea what it takes to get a true HD picture to the screen. He_l, I'm not even sure I'd know it if I saw it. I never had HD before I left the US 3 years ago. If it's not "fuzzy", "blurred", "jumpy", or "interrupted", I'm happy! You gotta remember, I go back to playing with the rabbit ears to get rid of the "ghosts" "snow", and "squiggles" on the screen! :-) (Who out there remembers those days?)

hey patsfarang,

unfortunately, even though i am not that old, i can relate as growing up usually i watched eagles games at my grandfathers house in black and white with the bunny ears . . also i can recall having to turn the channel using plyers as the knob had broken off my parent's tv. although, before i moved to LOS, my roommate scored a new big screen for free from a bar his father was liquidating and we shelled out for direct tv's nfl pass and all the games in HD . . that was sweet! with the new nfl playoff pass, i couldn't be happier though.

go birds! get an early lead and keep the trio in check - particuliarly jacobs! no plax! early lead is so key for us in so many ways . .

Hey, who let the Cardinals into the playoffs? They're not a real Super Bowl contender...

Seriously, now that they've polished off my hometown Panthers, the underdog lover in me's coming out. Plus, it'd probably soothe my soul to know we got whipped by the eventual champs.

Yep, I'm changing sides.

GO PHOENIX! Kurt Warner rises again! "Bag this!"

Hey, who let the Cardinals into the playoffs? They're not a real Super Bowl contender...

Seriously, now that they've polished off my hometown Panthers, the underdog lover in me's coming out. Plus, it'd probably soothe my soul to know we got whipped by the eventual champs.

Yep, I'm changing sides.

GO PHOENIX! Kurt Warner rises again! "Bag this!"

Cardinals in the Super Bowl? It could happen; if the Eagles beat the Giants tomorrow, Phoenix will have home field advantage for the NFC Championship game and Philly was only 3-4-1 on the road in the regular season. The Cardinals, after having looked absolutely pathetic during a few of their later games during the regular season, have really stepped it up in the playoffs. The Eagles have also turned it up a notch at the end. It should be interesting.

Hey, did Delhomme complete more passes to Cardinals than he did to Panthers? Love my hometown Panthers... next season.

Go Phoenix! Make McNabb puke or watch Warner spank Eli? It don't matter. SQUAWK!

Hey T.O., gotcha popcorn ready to watch the playoffs from your couch?

This is my last post on the Panthers, until my next one. The Brett Favre to Carolina rumors have already started. And I say, why not? I don't second-guess competent coaches, and Carolina's got one of the best, but I was calling for Matt Moore before halftime. Brett Favre, Vinny Testaverde, Jeff George, Slingin Sammy Baugh... it's all the same to me.

(Yes, I know. Just wanted to see if you were paying attention.)

Hey, did Delhomme complete more passes to Cardinals than he did to Panthers? Love my hometown Panthers... next season.

Go Phoenix! Make McNabb puke or watch Warner spank Eli? It don't matter. SQUAWK!

Hey T.O., gotcha popcorn ready to watch the playoffs from your couch?

I am sure if they ask nicely, T.O. will buy popcorn for the entire Panther team to keep him company on the couch.

Well, both teams that I wanted to win today gave the games away.

The Titans loss was, in every way, a "team loss". The turnovers and penalties that killed them were "distributed" among several players. The injury to Chris Johnson was really the nail in the coffin for them, because it put the game into the hands of Collins, who proved that he can't carry the team without that exceptional running threat that CJ provides. LenDale White has the "quick moves" of a freaking rhino! While Gage had the game of his life, he's definitely not a serious deep threat. The Titans passing game is nothing but a complement to their running game. Their D was good enough to have won the game, if the offense had been able to give them a better 2nd half.

As for the Panthers; I have to say that this was one of those rare games, in this best of all "team sports", for which the loss can be squarely placed upon the shoulders of one player. Jake Delhomme played one the worst games I've ever seen by an NFL QB in a Playoff situation! Could it have been possible for him to make more bad decisions and bad throws? He looked like a panicked rookie out there! While a QB can't win a game on his own, Delhomme proved in this game that a QB can definitely lose a game on his own. He never gave the Panthers a chance. Too bad. I really feel sorry for the Panthers fans, who, as I noted before, I list as a good group of sports fans.

I hope I do better in the games coming up overnight. GO EAGLES! GO ... I'm torn on this one. If the Chargers make it to the Super Bowl, it will move the Patriots UP one spot in Round 1 of the Draft. BUT, if they Chargers don't make it to the Super Bowl, the Patriots, who own the Chargers Round 2 pick, will be several spots higher for that one. ... Aww, he-l, I HATE THE STEELERS! I'll let the Ravens beat the Chargers next week - GO CHARGERS!

where I can watch the Giants mop the floor with the Eagles

Eagles spanked them during the regular season at the Meadowlands, not sure how you could think this.....

Without Burress, defenses can man up on the receivers and stop the run. Giants aren't the same team as last year's version.

Schedule for this weekend anybody? NFC game Sunday morning again?

When Troy Aikman was talking about the Giants' special teams, he said, "You can't shoot yourself in the foot."

And I said, "Hey, it worked for Plaxico Burress just fine."

The schedule on my whiteboard says the games are Monday morning at 3:00 and 6:30, but I don't remember where I scribbled that down from.

My schedule also said I'd be watching the Steelers whip up on the Chargers, and that didn't happen. Were they still wearing the powder blues? Best uniforms in the NFL. Even better than Bruce the Pirate...

It also says that all three birds won this weekend. Ravens, Cardinals, Eagles. I think my cat wrote that just to make herself angry. The NFC Champion, by the way, will be a 9-win team. Hopefully my new favorites, the Cardinals, because nobody who ties with the Bengals deserves to be in the Super Bowl. Welcome to Arizona, home of the only football team to play where it's hotter than Chiang Mai.

Anyone know of bars staying open late tonight where I can watch the Giants mop the floor with the Eagles? Would Bourbon St. stay open for the complete game?

I don't think that's possible. I realize that the Giants already got their asses handed to them, but I would have said the same thing had I seen this last night. They got their asses handed to them in the Meadowlands, too. The Birds will put some wood on Warner's ass and it's Stupid Bowl time. World Champion Baseball team, and now Stupid Bowl champs. It's possible. GO Eeeegs!!!