American Football

ChuckZ

Anyone know of bars staying open late tonight where I can watch the Giants mop the floor with the Eagles? Would Bourbon St. stay open for the complete game?

don't worry, you wouldn't have been abe to find that anywhere in the world . . eagles D mopped up eli and mcnabb phoned his mom for some hot chunky from your sideline phone

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to qwonk89 and his Eagles.

thanks OMR, good stuff from a hardcore Dallas fan.

this season is more amazing than the jeff garcia revival from 5-6 in 2006. our D is locking things down . . the abscense of burress was key too. props to our D tackles, Mike P. and Bunk, played stout and were simply unmovable on the two 4th down stops against a very good G-Men O line.

OFF TO THE DESERT! gotta get pressure on Kurt an disrupt their offensive flow! in Jim Johnson we trust!

The Eagles are now the ony team standing that I would feel good about winning the SB.

I respect the Cardinals players, especially Warner; but I have no respect for Bidwell. I am down on any owner who deserts the fans of thier city.

IMO, the Ravens have an accomplice in a murder on their team. I do not want to see Ray Lewis get another SB ring!

The Steelers history with my Patriots, and their unbearable arrogance over the past several seasons, puts them on my hate list for years to come!

Add to that the fact that the Eagles have never won a SB, and that wraps it up. All good sports fans deserve that thrill. I'll never forget my emotions when the Patriots won their first one in 2001.

So, GOOD LUCK, QWUNK! GO EAGLES! (But I do NOT want to see that chicken sh-t "pick up the phone" crap, or anything like it, from McNabb, or any player, again!! Show respect for the game, and for your opponents. THAT is class in sports!)

From my latest newsletter (written as the Steelers were pulling ahead of the Chargers):

I'm hoping for an all-bird Super Bowl, Ravens and Cardinals, because it will feature underdogs and because the sportswriters will be totally stumped hunting down enough "storylines" to go on about for two weeks. And, oh yeah, I'm a Cardinals fan this month, unless Ray Lewis threatens to stab me for it.

The Eagles are now the ony team standing that I would feel good about winning the SB.

I respect the Cardinals players, especially Warner; but I have no respect for Bidwell. I am down on any owner who deserts the fans of thier city.

IMO, the Ravens have an accomplice in a murder on their team. I do not want to see Ray Lewis get another SB ring!

The Steelers history with my Patriots, and their unbearable arrogance over the past several seasons, puts them on my hate list for years to come!

Add to that the fact that the Eagles have never won a SB, and that wraps it up. All good sports fans deserve that thrill. I'll never forget my emotions when the Patriots won their first one in 2001.

So, GOOD LUCK, QWUNK! GO EAGLES! (But I do NOT want to see that chicken sh-t "pick up the phone" crap, or anything like it, from McNabb, or any player, again!! Show respect for the game, and for your opponents. THAT is class in sports!)

yeah, i understand your point about mcnabb . . he doesn't mean any disrespect with it, he is just a clown at times . . although, i agree it may have crossed a line with the timing of it all (if it was against dallas it would have been okay :o ). but, if chad johnson did it, people would have said it was funny . . and it kind of was, this morning when i woke up that is. intially, i was pissed as it gave the ball back to the gmen instead of letting the eagles run out the clock; there were only two minutes left, but you never know what can happen in the nfl (see eagles season for that).

anyway, welcome as a late post-season temporary eagles backer . . hopefully we can follow through! arizona will be a different team at home with the crowd and weather (game tickets sold out in 5 minutes). eagles D matches up well though!

this season is more amazing than the jeff garcia revival from 5-6 in 2006. our D is locking things down . . the abscense of burress was key too. props to our D tackles, Mike P. and Bunk, played stout and were simply unmovable on the two 4th down stops against a very good G-Men O line.

OFF TO THE DESERT! gotta get pressure on Kurt an disrupt their offensive flow! in Jim Johnson we trust!

Since I now have to root for the Eagles (I rooted for the Giants, pulling for the Eagles is tough for me), I do think a big reason the Eagles won was that Manning has reverted back to his pre playoff 2007 form. He threw flutter balls for most of the game and several times missed open receivers. Warner won't miss these receivers, but he isn't all that mobile anymore so the Eagles strong rush may be the difference. If not, then you will just have to outscore them.

Imagine the reaction if it was T.O. who had picked up the phone in a game? I highly doubt people here and elsewhere would be so forgiving. To me, it isn't any big deal, not when McNabb does it and not when T.O. does it.

Since I now have to root for the Eagles (I rooted for the Giants, pulling for the Eagles is tough for me), I do think a big reason the Eagles won was that Manning has reverted back to his pre playoff 2007 form. He threw flutter balls for most of the game and several times missed open receivers. Warner won't miss these receivers, but he isn't all that mobile anymore so the Eagles strong rush may be the difference. If not, then you will just have to outscore them.

Imagine the reaction if it was T.O. who had picked up the phone in a game? I highly doubt people here and elsewhere would be so forgiving. To me, it isn't any big deal, not when McNabb does it and not when T.O. does it.

I, and all Patriots fans, will forever regret that Eli had the best drive of his career in that final drive against the Pats in the SB last year. And even that required a "how the f--- did that happen" catch by a "one play wonder" to take away our perfect season. Oh well. We have 3, and we'll get more! :o

I think Warner will have big problems with that Eagles pass rush. But, if Boldin is back, and truly in reasonably good health, he and Fitz are very dangerous on those quick slants and WR screens, because both can kill you with YAC if you've got lots of defenders rushing the passer. It could be an interesting game. That's really what's most important to me; despite my favoritism toward the Eagles. I just want to enjoy a good game.

As for the other one, I have to lean more toward the Ravens than the Steelers. As much as despise everything that Ray Lewis is, as a person, he's the only negative I have toward the Ravens. I dislike the Steelers, and their fans, due to the Patriots history with them. I really don't want to see their arrogance fueled further with a 6th Lombardi Trophy.

Add to that the fact that the Eagles have never won a SB, and that wraps it up. All good sports fans deserve that thrill.

I dunno patsfangr, it's now been 21 years since Bidwill moved the Cardinals from St. Louis to the Phoenix area and not only have the Cardinals never won a Super Bowl they haven't even won an NFL title since 1947 (when they were the Chicago Cardnals). They haven't won a Division title since 1975 when they were still in St. Louis. I share your disdain for the Bidwill clan but it's unfair to transfer that dislike to the most deserving fans in the league. I certainly won't be putting any money down on the Cards to win it but my heart says any true fan of the underdog has to be with Arizona. Their fans certainly deserve it more than anyone.

I know how that feels. After Dan Reeves & Wade Phillips ----- Mike Shanahan & John Elway gave us our first!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Broncos

Anyone know of bars staying open late tonight where I can watch the Giants mop the floor with the Eagles? Would Bourbon St. stay open for the complete game?

I could have said "My Condo" but my GF might not have thought it was such a good idea.

Sorry for your misery Thithi.

Go Broncos.

Edited by dotcom

i think we can get to warner . . he holds the ball at times waiting for things to develop downfield. we should be able to stuff their run game and make them one dimensional, especially if we get an early lead. however, if the cards get an early lead and warner has time . . . but i don't see that happening. westbrook is also going to present problems for them. i think our lines will win the battles; and the game.

You're exactly correct. Manning looked terrible just like you said. That's how he did look. Maybe a different game if Eli was feeling it that day.

The Eagles will put it on Warner early. Once he's hit a couple times. he'll be dancing in the backfield. It was funny what McNabb did. He's a goof, but never expected him to do that. Eagles/Giants have a long history of insane games. Maybe Donovan was having some get-back.

I could have said "My Condo" but my GF might not have thought it was such a good idea.

Go Broncos.

They probably would have won if we watched it at your condo.

Boooooo!!!!

Go Dodgers.

Go Broncos.

They probably would have won if we watched it at your condo.

Boooooo!!!!

Go Dodgers.

Where are they going now? Back to NY?

I just did a quick check of the TrueV website. There's nothing posted yet for this week's Conference Championships.

Based upon the info we got earlier, I expect to see TrueV carrying only the NFC Championship. That will be a 3:00 AM (Monday) start for us.

The AFC Championship follows, at about 6:30 AM. That one will be via a streaming site for me.

TrueV has the schedule up. It is, as expected, the NFC only. Here it is:

NFL 2008/2009 ALL ARE ON TRUE SPORT 4

LIVE 039: PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ ARIZONA CARDINALS (19-JAN-2009) 19-Jan-2009 03:00

REPLAYS 039: PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ ARIZONA CARDINALS (19-JAN-2009) 19-Jan-2009 12:30

039: PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ ARIZONA CARDINALS (19-JAN-2009) 19-Jan-2009 18:30

I just went to look at NFL.COM - got a message there saying the website has been blocked!!!. by C.A.T..

No problem for me. Are you a Steelers' fan? I heard that C.A.T. has been asked by the NFL to screen out obnoxious fans! :D

I'm from the Raider Nation - now I understand why it doesn't work................ :o

I just went to look at NFL.COM - got a message there saying the website has been blocked!!!. by C.A.T..

No problem for me. Are you a Steelers' fan? I heard that C.A.T. has been asked by the NFL to screen out obnoxious fans! :D

I'm from the Raider Nation - now I understand why it doesn't work................ :D

EVEN WORSE! :o You're lucky that your computer didn't explode! :D The curse of ineptitude will remain upon the Raiders as long as Al Davis continues to be in charge! :D

I'm from the Raider Nation - now I understand why it doesn't work................ :D

The curse of ineptitude will remain upon the Raiders as long as Al Davis continues to be in charge! :o

True, true, he's a feeble old man with an ego that is bigger than the planet...........

RAIDERS WIN THE SUPER BOWL, RAIDERS WIN THE SUPER BOWL !!!! (2015)

I can't really penalize my new favorite team, the Phoenix Cardinals, for being owned by a jerk. When Carolina had no team and I was living in Tampa, we all cheered for the Bucs even though they were owned by Culverhouse. We cheered even louder when he died.

Meanwhile, who thought Steve Smith was gonna break Delhomme's nose? Ah, my beloved Panthers...

I can't really penalize my new favorite team, the Phoenix Cardinals

It is amazing how many people call the Arizona Cardinals by different names. There was one announcer last week that called them the St. Louis Cardinals among other names, and never did get it right.

For the first time in my life I will be pulling for the Eagles with gusto. The Cardinals are the team that beat the Cowboys in OT and shattered McBriar's foot.

Go Beagles.

It is amazing how many people call the Arizona Cardinals by different names. There was one announcer last week that called them the St. Louis Cardinals among other names, and never did get it right.

For the first time in my life I will be pulling for the Eagles with gusto. The Cardinals are the team that beat the Cowboys in OT and shattered McBriar's foot.

Go Beagles.

Its interesting that you would be against the Cardinals because they barely beat the Cowboys on a blocked punt in OT but are backing the Eagles who humiliated the Cowboys and handed them their asses on a platter 44 to 6.

BTW, when the Cardinals first moved to Phoenix from St. Louis they were known as the Phoenix Cardinals for 6 years until officially changing their name to the Arizona Cardinals in 1994. Some locals still continue to call them the Phoenix Cardinals. Old habits sometimes die hard. The official name of the American League baseball team in the Los Angeles area is now the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim but almost everyone still calls them the California Angels or the LA Angels.

Go Beagles.

Its interesting that you would be against the Cardinals because they barely beat the Cowboys on a blocked punt in OT but are backing the Eagles who humiliated the Cowboys and handed them their asses on a platter 44 to 6.

BTW, when the Cardinals first moved to Phoenix from St. Louis they were known as the Phoenix Cardinals for 6 years until officially changing their name to the Arizona Cardinals in 1994. Some locals still continue to call them the Phoenix Cardinals. Old habits sometimes die hard. The official name of the American League baseball team in the Los Angeles area is now the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim but almost everyone still calls them the California Angels or the LA Angels.

You forget. The Cowboys beat the Eagles in the first game.

My rooting for the Eagles is based on rooting for the division. I have always done this in every sport when my team is knocked out. If it was the Giants, I would be rooting for the Giants.

On calling the Cards the Phoenix Cards, I was simply pointing out that many get their name confused. It was most evident last week when one announcer never did get it right and finally gave up trying to remember they are now known as the Aridzone Cardinals.

You forget. The Cowboys beat the Eagles in the first game.

My rooting for the Eagles is based on rooting for the division. I have always done this in every sport when my team is knocked out. If it was the Giants, I would be rooting for the Giants.

On calling the Cards the Phoenix Cards, I was simply pointing out that many get their name confused. It was most evident last week when one announcer never did get it right and finally gave up trying to remember they are now known as the Aridzone Cardinals.

Fair enough. I can understand your support of the division your favorite team is in. I myself am different. As you know I'm a die hard Bears fan and any time any team beats the Green Bay Packers I want to jump for joy.