Pattaya City To Bid For 24 Hour Entertainment Licence

webfact

Pattaya city to bid for 24 hour entertainment licence

PATTAYA: -- At a meeting between the Pattaya City administration and entertainment business owners, plans were discussed to apply to the Royal Thai Police for a 24 hour entertainment zone during the coming high season.

Pattaya, November 24, 2010 [PDN]: On November 24, at Pattaya City Hall, officials held a meeting to discuss the operating hours of entertainment businesses following a claim by the Office Of Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission [PACC] that it had received a significant number of complaints from concerned people in the city.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-11-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24/7 drunken sex torists roaming the streets. They should be trying to clean the place up not make it worse.

They are not making it worse. Just licensing what is already a fact.

Agreed, and all for greed too.

The largest parts of Walking street are would be the largest likely location for 24/7

One benefit is it brings the punters away from the other 2am venues more easily.

Rather than just hang illegally in other areas, they will go where the action is.

With a significantly higher increase of TEA MONEY.:ph34r:

I would think the tea money would go away as it would now be legal to be open until the wee hours....as opposed to now having to pay for that. Maybe this is a good thing?

I would not go that far. The cost of license and having it issued could be a nice lump sum upfront, instead of monthly payments :D

Also license could be canceled for some reason or suspended and yearly renewal.

If anything its more like legalizing the tea money

Edited by kuffki

Also under discussion were three rules to be implemented throughout the city’s entertainment areas - no admission to those under age 18

No more tourists with their children on Walking Street?

*edit to just add that the other two are no-brainers... no drugs and no guns.

Edited by Buchholz

With a significantly higher increase of TEA MONEY.:ph34r:

I would think the tea money would go away as it would now be legal to be open until the wee hours....as opposed to now having to pay for that. Maybe this is a good thing?

I would not go that far. The cost of license and having it issued could be a nice lump sum upfront, instead of monthly payments :D

Also license could be canceled for some reason or suspended and yearly renewal.

If anything its more like legalizing the tea money

Understood. But this could be a really good thing. No more money to the "beat" cops, but paid at the head office with receipts? Even that would help a bit. But how different is that from other countries where you pay for a biz license?

So 7/11 will also be open 24/7 to report crimes and pay fines? or even refill your phone card - Pattaya the hub of conveniences

That actually would be fantastic. I got zapped by the gun a few months ago near Don Muang. Cop asked for my license and said I had to pay 500B at the station and could come back and get my license after that. Wifey asked if there was another way? He shuffled, leaned on the car, and said. OK, 250B now. If I could have just paid at the 7/11 and kept my license, I would have gladly done that. Just to avoid putting 250B into some crooked cops pocket.

UPDATE

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya Bar owners are becoming excited following news that venues in some areas may be allowed to open 24 hours a day during the High Season months. A meeting led by Khun Itipon, the Mayor of Pattaya, of local bar owners was held at Pattaya City Hall on Wednesday Afternoon.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2010-11-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I'm sure the REAL people behind all this are the real estate families.....property will rise in value, overnight.

LaoPo

I thought property values would go down. All the decent folk will be packing thier bags and heading north. The place will turn into an even bigger ghetto than it already is. 24/7 brawls, scams, peds, sex tourists and bar girls fighting over a fat old drunk 70 yr old farangs.

Will the girls get OT?

All of their real money is made off the clock. I imagine some might be annoyed being stuck in a dead bar at 3 am even with OT

I was being a bit tongue in cheek.

Annoyed? Looking at their thousand mile stares at 8.00 pm is hardly enticing. Beer goggles and dingy lighting will no longer be an excuse. :lol:

I'm sure the REAL people behind all this are the real estate families.....property will rise in value, overnight.

LaoPo

I thought property values would go down. All the decent folk will be packing thier bags and heading north. The place will turn into an even bigger ghetto than it already is. 24/7 brawls, scams, peds, sex tourists and bar girls fighting over a fat old drunk 70 yr old farangs.

You are looking at this from a farang point of view. Beer bars are being torn down for new hotels and malls. I was in central Pattaya today....lots of new construction. Pattaya is growing for sure. Good stuff...at least for us who own property! :D Long term, property will rise, Pattaya will prosper.

LaoPo

Decent folks do not live near or on Walking Street or Soi Buakhao

Nothing wil change at all. The only difference now would be instead of bars paying monthly, they will be paying yearly.

Bars will operate same hours as now, some open till 8am, some open 24 hours. There are bars that have been doing 24 hours for the past few years.

LaoPo

You are looking at this from a farang point of view. Beer bars are being torn down for new hotels and malls. I was in central Pattaya today....lots of new construction. Pattaya is growing for sure. Good stuff...at least for us who own property! :D Long term, property will rise, Pattaya will prosper.

Sorry little off topic, but i do not really follow your logic.

Why would property rise if there is more new development? Would not perspective buyer buy brand new? or may be a large number of offerings will be reducing the price rather then increasing it?

Thats how property market works in the West, do not know why it would be any different in Thailand.

AND, will it go back to when the dancers didn't wear anything, at all?

Where is the historical perspective in these posts?

When were closing hours made into law?

Whose campaign was it to have closing times.... ha

AND, will it go back to when the dancers didn't wear anything, at all?Dancers do not wear anything at the moment and have not worn anything for long time

Where is the historical perspective in these posts?meaning?

When were closing hours made into law?When good old Mr T changed the law making closing hours across Thailand at 2am

Whose campaign was it to have closing times.... ha? Same as above