North Korea expresses strong support for Palestinians in message to Abbas

News_Editor

North Korea expresses strong support for Palestinians in message to Abbas

2010-11-29 11:56:12 GMT+7 (ICT)

PYONGYANG (BNO NEWS) -- North Korea has sent a message of support to Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas to mark the 'International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People,' according to state-run media on Monday.

The 'International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People' was first held by the United Nations General Assembly on November 29, 1977. It urged its member states to participate in the annual observance.

The North Korean state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported that Kim Yong Nam, the president of the Presidium of the North Korean Supreme People's Assembly, had sent a message of support to Abbas to mark the day.

"Kim in the message reaffirmed the Korean people's firm solidarity with the Palestinian people in the just struggle to retake the legitimate national rights including the right to self-determination, the right of Palestine and the right to found an independent state with Kuds as its capital city," KCNA said in a brief news report, expressing its strong support to Palestinians.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-11-29

North Korea's type of "support."

North Korea shipping arms to Hamas, Hizbullah

TEL AVIV — North Korea was said to have become the latest military supplier to Hamas.

Officials said North Korea has received orders from Iran for a range of missiles, rockets and other weapons for Hamas and Hizbullah. They said the orders were submitted in late 2009 with the first attempt at deliveries in February 2010.

http://www.worldtrib...s0412_05_13.asp

Edited by Ulysses G.

TEL AVIV — North Korea was said to have become the latest military supplier to Hamas.

Officials said North Korea has received orders from Iran for a range of missiles, rockets and other weapons for Hamas and Hizbullah. They said the orders were submitted in late 2009 with the first attempt at deliveries in February 2010.

I had thought there was nothing good about the North Koreans. I see I was wrong.

I had thought there was nothing good about the North Koreans. I see I was wrong.

good one !!!

Makes me rethink as well.

What's the old saying? With friends like that, who needs enemies?

"An overwhelming international consensus exists on the need to end the ‎occupation that began in 1967, address the fundamental security concerns of both parties, ‎find a solution to the refugee issue and see Jerusalem emerge from negotiation as the ‎capital of two States "

Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon

Message on the International Day of

Solidarity with the Palestinian People

29 November 2010

http://www.unclef.com/en/events/palestinianday/

Falk: Prolonged occupation new crime against humanity

30/11/2010 06:55

GENEVA (Ma'an) -- Israel's prolonged occupation of the Palestinian territories is "a new type of crime against humanity," a senior UN envoy said Monday.

UN representative on human rights in the Palestinian territories Richard Falk urged the international community to draft a new protocol of international humanitarian law to address the situation imposed on Palestinian people by 43 years of Israeli occupation.

Falk called for "some outer time limit after which further occupation becomes a distinct violation of international law, and if not promptly corrected, constitutes a new type of crime against humanity," in a statement issued to mark the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.

The human rights expert said the world would be judged in the future on whether effective action was taken to end "the humanitarian catastrophe that has befallen the Palestinian people.”

Further, the UN and world governments would be judged complicit if it failed to urgently commit to ending Israel's "abusive occupation"

Israeli-Palestinian negotiations should be guided by the principles of international law, Falk said. These principles demanded withdrawal from land occupied since 1967, including Jerusalem, dismantling settlements, securing internationally recognized borders and resolving the refugee problem in accordance with UN resolutions.

"A peace process that does not heed these guidelines, with appropriate degrees of flexible implementation cannot realize either self-determination for the Palestinian people or peace with security and justice for both Palestinians and Israelis," he concluded.

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=337237

address the fundamental security concerns of both parties

Maybe they can start with Hamas recognizing Israels right to exist? There is not going to be a Palestinian state until that is settled and the rockets from Gaza stop. ;)

When is Israel going to reccognise the Palestinian right to exist,

stop building on Palestinian land, and allow imports/exports so that the Palestinian economy

can grow and the people can live as they should??????????

Once that happens the rockets may well stop, from Hamas and Hizbullah!!

Sad that N Korea has to try and lend support.

good one !!!

Makes me rethink as well.

Madness - but then again it fits the profile as a redshirt apologist...