Kitchen Design Home Pro

Rob5060

I suggest you "shop" your kitchen, then you will reach a point where you are comfortable with one of the teams working on your kitchen. There are many kitchen design software programs where you can try out your own ideas.

I went to five kitchen cabinet providers when I did my kitchen ten years ago and was happy I did. The design was easy for me as I had many kitchens previously, as most of us have so I knew what to ask for. Whether they can deliver the goods and install properly is also an issue.

Doors that are self closing in the last couple of inches, heavy duty metal door slides, edges without interruption in surface material, etc. are where the quality comes in.

Teka did my kitchen, but they don't do it anymore and I suspect they sub-contracted it out as a team of installers came up from BKK to do the installation and when they came up short of the ceiling, they ordered replacement parts that arrived overnight. It took them three days but 10 years later their are as good as new. When I talked to Teka last month about some minor termite damage, they suggest I see Kitchitech, which I passed on years ago as not having quality. Things with them may have improved.

Kitchen design has progressed over the years so now you see large deep drawers in the lower cabinets while I can remember high end kitchens that you had to open the lower doors before pulling out a sliding shelf. If you cook, you may want gas so allow for a corner cabinet to put the tank unless you locate it outdoors and flexi pipe it in.

We found both Home Pros, and Index to be fairly inept.

After shopping around for some time, we decided to go to Homikitch. At the end of the day they were not much more expensive than the above mentioned but what we did get was attention to detail, a beautifully finished product (full western kitchen) and after sales service. Could not speak highly enough of Homikitch.

Sridonchai, left hand side about 150 metres before it becomes Chang Lor Rd (Moat).

Speak to Yao - she knows what she is doing albeit a little stand-offish at first...

Good luck :jap:

...oh and another thing - they are in bed with Teka mentioned in a previous post. Teka have a service centre in Chiangmai should anything go wrong.

Edited by lingnoi1977
  • Like 1