Forex Trading People

garyh

by a longshot the best resources by far are on Twitter

A trader can learn and get instant intel and insight by following many on Twitter

Boris Shlossberg

Kathy Lien

Robbie Booker

JamieSaettele

FXBootcamp

FXStreet

DailyFX

50Pips

Lots of smaller but very skilled and insightful other traders also.

And a lot more being added all the time.

Finding local traders in CM? I am sure there are some but I think the good ones are busy trading and enjoying life.

I wonder how many forex traders really made serious money. If you trade with anything less than 100,000 usd you do not qualify. Small amounts are just sport. I know a lot that lost money, very few that actually are able to make serious money on a consistent basis from Forex. Just about every forex trader says that he makes money. Must be a conspiracy or something or too ashamed to tell the truth. Those who brag I dare you to show us your account. Again, anything less than 100,000 usd do not bother.

Edited by macwalen

I wonder how many forex traders really made serious money. If you trade with anything less than 100,000 usd you do not qualify. Small amounts are just sport. I know a lot that lost money, very few that actually are able to make serious money on a consistent basis from Forex. Just about every forex trader says that he makes money. Must be a conspiracy or something or too ashamed to tell the truth. Those who brag I dare you to show us your account. Again, anything less than 100,000 usd do not bother.

It's true most beginning traders wash out and give up.

As far as returns go it's all relative. There are a good number of very wealthy traders who started with small accounts... If your consistently profitable and don't spend the profits right away then it all compounds. If a trader is returning say 30% a year then simple math and compounding and it adds up quickly.

DIfferent traders have different motives. Some hedge their foreign incomes. Some are carry traders just working for interest rate differentials. Some are purely speculative spot and swing traders.

There is nothing special about 100K or 10K or 1k. Brokers are very competitive with tight spreads even for small retail accounts. Having more money doesn't make a person a better trader.

It takes a few years of trading demo accounts and building confidence before trading real money.

Lots of good resources out there for people to learn but many people get into it thinking its really easy and plan to get rich quick. HIgh leverage and large positions can mean high profit but usually spells high loss. Conservative traders can do pretty well without big swings in capital.

But back to the original question. Nobody that is really good is going to hold someone's hand and teach them to be a good trader. If someone wants to do well then they have to work hard for it. No free lunches in any type of investing or trading. Not for long anyway.

As far as returns go it's all relative. There are a good number of very wealthy traders who started with small accounts... If your consistently profitable and don't spend the profits right away then it all compounds. If a trader is returning say 30% a year then simple math and compounding and it adds up quickly.

I don't trade Forex, but if I did I'd find 30%/year returns not worth the risk and effort. 200%-300%, maybe.

I don't trade Forex, but if I did I'd find 30%/year returns not worth the risk and effort. 200%-300%, maybe.

yes I was being extremely conservative so no douche bags jumped on me about it being impossible. An investor can get 11% in 1 to 2 year Brazilian govt bonds(BBB+) and do nothing. I myself wouldn't be happy with 30% annual.

A good forex trader often makes a lot more return but as a trader builds up more capital then often it makes sense to lower risk and return because they sleep better. The first objective for any trader should be capital preservation.

I just came back from a vacation in Europe with a wad of Euros and the Euro has appreciated 2 baht/Euro in 2 weeks so I'm hanging on a little while longer before trading in. My vacation is getting cheaper even though I already took it!

Whats that got to do with this thread??

I just came back from a vacation in Europe with a wad of Euros and the Euro has appreciated 2 baht/Euro in 2 weeks so I'm hanging on a little while longer before trading in. My vacation is getting cheaper even though I already took it!

Whats that got to do with this thread??

One of the advantages of Forex is you don't need that big wad to get the relatively small profit you will make.