Transfers And Transfers...

Shivek

Actually Poom is just on a season long loan with Justin Hoyte going the other way. Spurs sign Jenas and also a polish striker from Derby called Grzegorz Rasiak. Never heard of him!

Also have signed Lee Young Pyo from PSV and sold Edman to Rennes and Ziegler is on a season long loan with Hamburg.

Newcastle also resign Solano. Villa sign Erike Bakke and Ronaldinho signs new contract with Barca.

Actually Poom is just on a season long loan with Justin Hoyte going the other way. Spurs sign Jenas and also a polish striker from Derby called Grzegorz Rasiak. Never heard of him!

Also have signed Lee Young Pyo from PSV and sold Edman to Rennes and Ziegler is on a season long loan with Hamburg.

Newcastle also resign Solano. Villa sign Erike Bakke and Ronaldinho signs new contract with Barca.

Rasiak is a good player, for Derby any way ...I don't know how he will cope with the big step up. Don't know what spurs need with another striker either...

I' m extatic we've got Nobby back too, that's been the best signing for me, we all love him up here, he is a legend!!

Rasiak is a good player, for Derby any way ...I don't know how he will cope with the big step up. Don't know what spurs need with another striker either...

I' m extatic we've got Nobby back too, that's been the best signing for me, we all love him up here, he is a legend!!

I can see why Spurs wanted another target man striker but I don't know why we bought Jenas. He will probably develop into a good player but we already have eight central midfielders. Also 7 million is a ###### of a lot for a player I think is still unproven.

I can see why Spurs wanted another target man striker but I don't know why we bought Jenas. He will probably develop into a good player but we already have eight central midfielders. Also 7 million is a ###### of a lot for a player I think is still unproven.

Now you know why I was glad to see the back on him :o and couldn't agree more... You have two midfielders in his position that are certainly beter than him, and a few more just as good. Carrick and Davids being the ones that are obviously better

From Soccernet.com

We have signed Francis Jeffers. Read the report below...........

Rangers complete late deals for Jeffers and Maniero

Rangers have signed Charlton striker Francis Jeffers on loan until January.

And they have also completed the signing of Italian striker Filippo Maniero.

Jeffers, 24, beat the transfer window deadline to seal his move to Ibrox after passing a medical at Ross Hall hospital this evening.

Manager Alex McLeish was able to add the England international to his squad, which is about to embark on Champions League action as well as attempting to retain the Bank of Scotland Premier League trophy.

The 32-year-old Maniero has previously played with Venezia, Parma and Sampdoria and was with Torino in Serie B last season.

Maniero will now join fellow Gers newcomer Francis Jeffers at Ibrox after being released by the Turin side this summer.

A Rangers statement said: 'Rangers FC can confirm the signing of Filippo Maniero. The structure of the contract allows us to use the player and have him eligible for all competitions.'

Other players have also left Ibrox, also temporarily.

Defender Maurice Ross has joined Sheffield Wednesday for the rest of the season while Zura Khizanishvili has been borrowed by Blackburn for a similar timescale.

The capture of Jeffers is something of a gamble as the striker has failed to sparkle at Arsenal and then The Valley since bursting on the scene as a teenager at Everton.

Arsenal paid £8million for him in the summer of 2001 but sent him back on loan to Everton and then sold him to Charlton for £2.6million last summer.

But Sven-Goran Eriksson had seen something in the player and gave him his one and only cap in February 2003.

Jeffers came off the bench at Upton Park in a game against Australia that had seen the entire starting line-up replaced at half-time and scored England's goal in a 3-1 defeat.

Darren Bent's fine form at Charlton pushed him further down the pecking order there and the Addicks were willing to let him go.

It was a similar story at Ibrox as far as Ross and Khizanishvili were concerned.

Former Scotland right-back Ross, 24, had featured only briefly in one game this season.

He had turned down a permanent switch to Hillsborough in the summer but Owls boss Paul Sturrock was at last able to get his man on loan.

Khizanishvili, 23, had not featured at all this term after McLeish lost faith in him towards the end of last season.

The Georgian was a cultured performer who could play in a number of positions but was deemed too frail for the robust Scottish game and not reliable enough in Europe.

Teenage midfielder Charlie Adam has joined St Mirren on loan until January, having spent a spell at Ross County last season.

Goalkeeper Allan McGregor has already moved to Dunfermline for the rest of the season.

Jeffers told Sky Sports News tonight: 'A few phone calls were made last night and the deal was on - I'm chuffed to bits. It's a big day for me - one of the biggest in my career.

'It's another big chapter - I can't wait to get going. If this club was in the Premier League in England it would be even bigger. It's up there at the top of the tree.

'It's a big lure for players to play in the Champions League but even if Rangers weren't I would still have been coming here anyway.'

Meanwhile, Rangers will open signing talks with former Newcastle and Southampton defender Olivier Bernard on Thursday.

The 25-year-old Frenchman is set to replace Michael Ball, who has joined PSV Eindhoven.

The left-back spent five years at St James' Park before a short spell at St Mary's last season.

As a free agent, Bernard's signature is not governed by the transfer window, which has now closed.

Maybe Davids will only be around for this season...next sesaon at most. Jenas maybe have to wait a bit but he will get his chance for sure. Davids and Carrick is the partnership for now though. I stil have high hopes for Tainio and Mendes too. Brown and Davis i think will leave in Jan.

With Kanoute gone and Mido gonna be suspended cuz of that ridiculous red card. Spurs needed another striker with Jol not preferring to play Defoe and Keane together and this guy seems in the same mould as Kanoute or Mido. Tall target man. Lets see how he does in the Premiership.

I am looking forward to seeing Lee in action though. he looks good on the attack from video clips i have seen...only second to Christiano Ronaldo for the amount of step overs in one game!

Liverpool almost got Simao, i hope they had bought him as i wanted to see Simao play in Premiership. If Wenger can win the league by those <deleted> players then i gotta say that he's the best coach. Newcastle and Spurs seem to strengthen their teams. Portsmouth too buying three players.

From Soccernet.com

We have signed Francis Jeffers. Read the report below...........

Jockey, we are hoping you can turn Jeffers into a decent player, then the choice will be to pay the asking price or return him to us a better man!

Cheers :o

The quote read "England International" should have surely read "EX- England International" I have never rated him, he is Championship material, if he cant cut it at Everton, Arsenal and now Charlton, where after rangers, I cant see him cutting the mustard there! I would not even want him at Reading!!