Ais

meelousee

Best Mobile Service  

234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I get this message in Thai script I can read only a little and understand something is being canceled.

So I speak to a neighbor x taxi driver that is Jai Dee mak mak he gets his daughter to do a basic but it is sort of confusing.

She does however enlist another neighbor and with the two they get a AIS number, that has an extensive menu but never the less I get an English speaking operator.

Seems my wife is put out with me and has requested my number be canceled. Since it is more than 7 years old the AIS team decides that just maybe I might be the bread winner anyway. Soon I guess to be x-wife hope not I don’t like giving up on anything not even a big fish I cant possible eat, time to change the electric and water too I guess, oh well life will go on and my real Thai friends wont put up with me getting cut off. 25 years does count. :D

So, not only is the number transferred to my name the limit restrictions are removed when they fond out I have been paying for 2 phones for an excess of 5 years. Mine 7 hers 5 I pay through MY Bank direct to them they do have that record :D

So if you want real service and want someone that understands all the family life we go through along with the very bad bumpy spots, AIS pulled through as #1 for me.

I know there will be adverse and other opinions. But when you have an angry Thai female that wants what’s damage done and AIS stops it I think that is an important plus for us all.

All I can say is thank you AIS!

I know there are cheaper services but I guess you get what you pay for, yes, no? :o

I get this message in Thai script I can read only a little and understand something is being canceled.

So I speak to a neighbor x taxi driver that is Jai Dee mak mak he gets his daughter to do a basic but it is sort of confusing.

She does however enlist another neighbor and with the two they get a AIS number, that has an extensive menu but never the less I get an English speaking operator.

Seems my wife is put out with me and has requested my number be canceled. Since it is more than 7 years old the AIS team decides that just maybe I might be the bread winner anyway. Soon I guess to be x-wife hope not I don’t like giving up on anything not even a big fish I cant possible eat, time to change the electric and water too I guess, oh well life will go on and my real Thai friends wont put up with me getting cut off. 25 years does count. :D

So, not only is the number transferred to my name the limit restrictions are removed when  they fond out I have been paying for 2 phones for an excess of 5 years. Mine 7 hers 5 I pay  through MY Bank direct to them they do have that record :D

So if you want real service and want someone that understands all the family life we go through along with the very bad bumpy spots, AIS pulled through as #1 for me.

I know there will be adverse and other opinions. But when you have an angry Thai female that wants what’s damage done and AIS stops it I think that is an important plus for us all.

I know there are cheaper services but I guess you get what you pay for, yes, no? :o

With you being so cozy with AIS and indirectly supporting the TRT Party tighten it's grip on this hapless nation, I imagine your soontobe ex is an opposition Democrat.

:D

But one thing has me really concerned. In order to LEGALLY have 2 phones in your own name, don't you have to register with the Ministry of Nonsense first and be specifically licensed to do so by them? It sounds to me like only someone running some kind of 419 scam would need to have 2 phones in their name.

Someone should refer this infraction of Thai sovereignty laws by a foreigner to the proper authorities...

:D:D

sriracha john! Hey hope you guys get some more rain soon.

Don’t be too concerned with this; I am sure all things have a way of working themselves out some how. But just to address some of your post......

With you being so cozy with AIS and indirectly supporting the TRT Party tighten its grip on this hapless nation, I imagine your soontobe ex is an opposition Democrat.
I don’t support TRT, I only have a res. Visa and can’t even vote. I was praising AIS for their kind help in difficult situation and related only that. Sometimes it is difficult to get good service and that is what my post is really related to.

The ministries that are concerned with this are notified through my solicitor at T&G who take care of matters that are associated with these things. :D

I only have one phone that is now in my name. As far as the sovereign laws of Thailand those are adhered to with the utmost respect, TIT :o

And if you have a beef with TRT or as you put it

with the Ministry of Nonsense
I think you may not be alone :D
It sounds to me like only someone running some kind of 419 scam would need to have 2 phones in their name.
Where does this come from anyway?

My Wife is Thai, not Nigerian and she does not use email that much.

As long as time keeps moving forward we can only hope they change for the better. I will keep you on my prayer list I know it is getting difficult in Chonbury the water situation and all.

news_image1.jpg

(from left-to-right): Yingluck Shinawatra, Managing Director of Advanced Info Service (AIS),

:o

...but I'm sure that the Shinawatra family empire has nothing to do with TRT....

I know this to be true because that's what they said.

Phantastiz!

you found something in LOS which is not controlled by Sh family empire, not so easy nowadays!

although there are some opinions who say, the weather is not totally under their control - yet! :D

Well I've heard a lot of people talking against Taksin, TRT party, AIS. Well for me, does not make much difference. Things does not seem to affect me much as an expat and even I don't hear too many complaints from my thai friends also (some of them are non TRT supporters also).

but 1 thing is sure, the service is good. there is little or no network problem. I used orange when I came to thailand as that was the only brand I've known globaly. there was no signals most of the times and I could never recieve international calls. simply 0 network coverage outside bangkok. I changed to AIS and I am very happy now. alteast I can talk whenever I want to. what use is a mobile phone if I can't even talk?

news_image1.jpg

(from left-to-right): Yingluck Shinawatra, Managing Director of Advanced Info Service (AIS),

...but I'm sure that the Shinawatra family empire has nothing to do with TRT....

Phantastiz!

you found something in LOS which is not controlled by Sh family empire, not so easy nowadays!

although there are some opinions who say, the weather is not totally under their control - yet! :D

Chico, my friend.... :D

check the last name of the managing director. The Sh family DOES control this company... :D

She's the younger sister of Thaksin, but not to be confused with his other sister who is an MP being investigated for corruption by demanding a bribe for the parking garage contract at the new airport.

As for the weather, he's assigned the Meterology Department to look into ways to control it. There's a task force being formed to find ways on how to obtain a commission on any rainfall that occurs. It will all be coordinated through his satellites. :o

Edited by sriracha john

news_image1.jpg

Phantastiz!

Chico, my friend.... :D

check the last name of the managing director. The Sh family DOES control this company... :D

She's the younger sister of Thaksin, but not to be confused with his other sister who is an MP being investigated for corruption by demanding a bribe for the parking garage contract at the new airport.

As for the weather, he's assigned the Meterology Department to look into ways to control it. There's a task force being formed to find ways on how to obtain a commission on any rainfall that occurs. It will all be coordinated through his satellites. :o

The bloke on the right bears an uncanny similarity to our Dear Leader.

The bloke on the right bears an uncanny similarity to our Dear Leader.

Somprasong Boonyachai, Chairman of Executive Committee, Advanced Info Service

No relation then?

oh, I'm sure they're probably related somehow... maybe married to his second cousin's niece...

but then again... with the similar looks going on, maybe..... hmmm... nawww... he's a happily married man, he wouldn't do that, would he?

:o

So, not only is the number transferred to my name the limit restrictions are removed when  they fond out I have been paying for 2 phones for an excess of 5 years. Mine 7 hers 5 I pay  through MY Bank direct to them they do have that record :D

With you being so cozy with AIS and indirectly supporting the TRT Party tighten it's grip on this hapless nation, I imagine your soontobe ex is an opposition Democrat.

But one thing has me really concerned. In order to LEGALLY have 2 phones in your own name, don't you have to register with the Ministry of Nonsense first and be specifically licensed to do so by them? It sounds to me like only someone running some kind of 419 scam would need to have 2 phones in their name.

Someone should refer this infraction of Thai sovereignty laws by a foreigner to the proper authorities...

ALL mobile phones are supposed to be registered by Jan 1, 2006 - Correct??? I have one AIS and one Orange. Orange has a very English friendly web site and good rates, but the network coverage can be spotty in some areas as well as connectivity with other services. Although, my Orange worked in Vientiane and the AIS did not.

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t be too concerned with this; I am sure all things have a way of working themselves out some how. But just to address some of your post......

With you being so cozy with AIS and indirectly supporting the TRT Party tighten its grip on this hapless nation, I imagine your soontobe ex is an opposition Democrat.

I don’t support TRT, I only have a res. Visa and can’t even vote. I was praising AIS for their kind help in difficult situation and related only that. Sometimes it is difficult to get good service and that is what my post is really related to.

The ministries that are concerned with this are notified through my solicitor at T&G who take care of matters that are associated with these things. :D

I only have one phone that is now in my name. As far as the sovereign laws of Thailand those are adhered to with the utmost respect, TIT :o

It sounds to me like only someone running some kind of 419 scam would need to have 2 phones in their name.

As long as time keeps moving forward we can only hope they change for the better. I will keep you on my prayer list I know it is getting difficult in Chonbury the water situation and all.

Whoosh!

"What was that?"

"A flock of ironies just flew over your head".

Rat.

Edited by Sir Burr

Whoosh!

"What was that?"

"A flock of ironies just flew over your head".

Rat.

Went to the annual shareholders meeting of Vodaphone a few weeks ago and asked their chairman about the companies intention in S.E asia and suggested that Shin might have a freemasons type monopoly to keep them out.

He told me that at the moment they are concentrating all their efforts in Japan and Hong Kong but Thailand is on the cards for next year....so get ready for another service...and a big one....from the "orses mouth" as they say.......ling-ling...bloody frog...ding a ling ...drives you crazy... :o

I'm fed up with mobiles at the moment. Have Ais contract, had it 5 years they are still charging me 500 baht, been meaning to cancel it but i'm too lazy to go all the way to siracha, i'm in pattaya. Have 12 call and keep getting messages literally every 20- 30 mins, apparently something to do with the troubles down south, don't know how to stop them and it's really p.....ing me off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I regret to say I use 1-2 call service, as I see no other option for where I live here in Samui.

And I do detest the “real controller” of the AIS Co.

Same as I detest BUSH who is bar none the worst President in the history of the USA.

Recently I lost my phone to a clever Thai thief and had to get a new SIM card copy & phone.

If you have this 1-2 call service you must have the bar code # of your SIM card not just your telephone # to replace and make a new SIM card if it’s lost.

That is what AIS told us anyway. Also if you would wait a week they would send it here to pick up but if you would like it sooner go into Suratthani town and get it in one day.

By the way my friend lost his DTAC SIM card (phone was ripped off) but only had to give his telephone # to them and they replaced it for a small fee right on the spot in small phone shop in Naton on Samui island.

OK enought said bye Scott

I regret to say I use 1-2 call service, as I see no other option for where I live here in Samui.

And I do detest the “real controller” of the AIS Co.

Same as I detest BUSH who is bar none the worst President in the history of the USA.

Recently I lost my phone to a clever Thai thief and had to get a new SIM card copy & phone.

If you have this 1-2 call service you must have the bar code # of your SIM card not just your telephone # to replace and make a new SIM card if it’s lost.

That is what AIS told us anyway. Also if you would wait a week they would send it here to pick up but if you would like it sooner go into Suratthani town and get it in one day.

By the way my friend lost his DTAC SIM card (phone was ripped off)  but only had to give his telephone # to them and they replaced it for a small fee right on the spot in small phone shop in Naton on Samui island.

OK enought  said bye Scott

With sad acknowledgement, welcome to Shin's World... :o