The Golf Club Restaurant At Soi Lk Metro

Jingthing

I finally got around to trying the "steak night" at The Golf Club Restaurant, Soi LK Metro. These happen every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. To me, it was a mixed bag, but overall I enjoyed it.

I tried the rib set at 250 baht.

It included a salad bar but they had finished the salad bar when I ordered (that's what I was told anyway) but offered a Caeser Salad. I am not a Caeser Salad expert but I ate it all as I was very hungry. It included soggy croutons and what I reckon were fake dried bacon bits and over-saturated in happily garlicky creamy dressing. I am guessing at least 2000 calories in there though, so beware.

The ribs (apparently marinated in Chang beer) were a good sized portion of what is described on the menu as a double short rack. Sounds about right. They were cooked well, and indeed had an unusual crust/taste to them. The menu says served with a side of BBQ sauce. I just read that here, no such side of BBQ sauce was offered at the restaurant. I don't know what the story is on that, they don't have, they forget to bring it, the menu is wrong, I should of asked, really don't know.

Made the mistake of ordering mashed potatoes. That, though not unpleasant, really tasted like they took an already baked potato and mashed it up. I didn't taste any seasoning, milk, or butter in the mash, but after the calorie storm of the salad and ribs, probably for the best.

The corn on the cob was excellent and served with a charming metal holder.

If you haven't been there, it is quite a small place and not many tables. Most tables are outside. The very noticeable general conversation among the crowd was GOLF, GOLF, GOLF. We are not surprised.

Left the joint waddling and thinking about skipping my next meal. Highly recommended for those on a weight gaining regimen.

http://www.golfclubpattaya.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101&Itemid=99