Exercise Equipment

pantsninja

When I was a kid we only had rock and rope...we didn't need any EQUIPMENT!!! Just lift those rocks, stretch that rope, skip that rope, climb that rope, swing those rocks around....that's what we did!!! And look a what we produced...some of the finest athletes the world has ever know...like Gorgeous George the wrestler and Minnesota Fats the pool player....and BOWLERS....don't get me started on bowling....we produce more great bowlers in one season than you guys these days produce in a decade!!!!! EXERCISE EQUIPMENT, MY A55!!! YOU'RE THE DUMB BELL!!! and you want to exercise Mat's WHAT? ...disgusting!!!!

Edited by chownah

and you had to walk 15 miles in bare feet through 6ft of snow to get to school as well, while fighting off the dinosaurs who try to eat you. and the kids of today with their television and their internet, in your day a ball of string and a stick could keep you entertained for months at a time....

:o

I would definitely take your time and shop for the best constructed body building equipment you can find. Thailand makes world class equipment, if you take your time and shop.

If you buy for the home gym, consider dumb bells made of tire like material, so when you set them down on a tile floor, no damage results.

Most multi-station exercise systems can be customized so you don't buy stations you won't use and thus reduce the overall size of the home gym.

Being used to a deep step "Life Step" exercise machine at my gym in the West, I found the outlet for 'Lifestep" near the main immigration office in BKK, but the machines were 400K baht. I am quite contented with my 6500K "Timework Jr." available from Carrefour and Supersport, perhaps for 5k now.

I bought my rubberized dumbell set, which consists of weights from 5lbs to 50 lbs in a two row rack left behind by a relocated falang in the equipment shop for 20K baht. You should be so lucky. Large handle grips as well.

My four station home gym with bicycle chain cables, white and well padded supports I got for 42K, adveertised at 80K Baht. It is the one CMU bought for their gym and I went to see it in place before buying as I was not interested in a "rickety" multi-station machine. I am well satisfied with all I bought and I wish you luck in your search. Buying in BKK is so much easier than in CNX.