3Bb Carrefour Gone

dthomasss

Downstair?

just found it

Yes downstairs in the noisiest spot you can imagine. Music blasting, almost impossible to hear.

The one woman who sued to work there who had great English skills is gone. The staff now were extremely rude.

They insisted on charging me 1,600 to change over to new house, even though I fulfilled the one-year contract.

I pointed out that if I just canceled (no charge) and then applied for a new account it would only cost me 100 baht but they refused to let me do that so I had to pay them.

Downstair?

just found it

Yes downstairs in the noisiest spot you can imagine. Music blasting, almost impossible to hear.

The one woman who sued to work there who had great English skills is gone. The staff now were extremely rude.

They insisted on charging me 1,600 to change over to new house, even though I fulfilled the one-year contract.

I pointed out that if I just canceled (no charge) and then applied for a new account it would only cost me 100 baht but they refused to let me do that so I had to pay them.

I had the same problem in Korat when we moved. They wanted to charge me 2000 Baht to transfer the service, but new customers pay 700 Baht for new service. I canceled my old account, and opened a new account in my wife's name.

Barry

Edited by Rimmer
Quote fixed

The thing that annoyed me the most was the requirement to sign a one year contract AND pay for 6 months in advance for pretty spotty service

Once the six months runs out I am going to notify them that their service does not warrant continued payment and stop paying them

Will be interesting to see what happens then :whistling:

I wonder if this is the same situation when you buy a new car in Thailand ? Do you have to speak with a cute but stupid sale that knows nothing about cars like the ones who know nothing about internet ?

And anybody who want to leave 3BB to get better service at TOT or TRUE, you are very funny :-)

To make matters worse I have to wait for a call from "technician" who will not speak a word of English (my Thai is fair) and even though I do not move into the new house for 10 days I will have to go there whenever he decides to show up, and the moment he is there my internet in my current house will be cut off. The "technicians" are not employes of 3BB - they are contracted and show up when they feel like it.

I have the 5MB for B599 from 3BB Pattaya, i can't fault it for speed or reliability. Very often at night i can download a movie using something like Hotfile, and the speed goes 599KBS spot on. 20/30 minutes for an avi movie

Check your bill you should be getting 6Mb for that price (631.30 inc vat). I think I'm one of the lucky ones with my connection compared to some of the people on here. Ive had 3BB for 18 months and so far, so good.

Downstair?

just found it

That's what they charge for everyone. I've done almost 5 years with them and that's exactly what they wanted so don't feel bad.

Double post.

CAT service sucks at the moment so don't try them.

Try CAT through Sophon Broadband. They have a pretty good customer service and will get a technician out the same day. The packages are exactly the same price except that Sophon includes the 7% VAT on their pricelist whereas CAT doesn't. If they have it in your area you'll get it the same day or the day after you pay depending on when you arrive at their office.

Double post.

CAT service sucks at the moment so don't try them.

Try CAT through Sophon Broadband. They have a pretty good customer service and will get a technician out the same day. The packages are exactly the same price except that Sophon includes the 7% VAT on their pricelist whereas CAT doesn't. If they have it in your area you'll get it the same day or the day after you pay depending on when you arrive at their office.

It's my company's service provider in Map Ta Phut and they've been awful for the last month. They've just gotten better the last couple of days but it's still not right.

At home I use TOT and have had no problems in the last 4 years.

I am trying to get my head around TT&T, then Triple-T then 3BB service.

I started in Udon 4 years ago with TT&T's 'fastest' service on the phone line for about 1200 baht/month. The phone line was <deleted> (still is) so when they changed to Triple-T and upgraded me, it was faster but still had outages. I now pay 2129 baht/month for 4Mb service with 3BB on a direct wire that is fast and mostly reliable.

The wife called them up and asked about this 6Mb for 590 baht on the envelope the bill comes in and they said something along the lines of 'that's for younger people and not full internet'.... given a non-technical transliteration of what was said. Reading here that some people say their 6Mb service is fast enough for downloading, I assume that it is 'full internet' so wondering if I am paying through the nose for a grandfathered service and if the only way to get faster AND cheaper service means contract cancellation and a new contract. Any ideas?

Thanks,

NL

You probably have what they call a "premier" connection. This is supposed to be faster on international connections, though I have my doubts. Too many people reports that the standard "non premier" connections are just fine as well. Of course we all may have different opinions of what is "just fine". Why don't you try changing to the cheaper line. I'm sure if in the worst case you're really unhappy with it they don't mind upgrading you to the more expensive line again.

Downstair?

just found it

That's what they charge for everyone. I've done almost 5 years with them and that's exactly what they wanted so don't feel bad.

So they told me it would take two days for the "technician" to call to come and install in new house. It has now been a week so I went back and was told, "Oh he is busy now,m so maybe he will call you next days or next week."

I told them this was not acceptable and that if he did not do it by Friday I would cancel and go with Sophon Internet (they guarantee install within 24 hours). She just said, ok you can cancel but you lose 1600 baht.

Unbelievable...

You probably have what they call a "premier" connection. This is supposed to be faster on international connections, though I have my doubts. Too many people reports that the standard "non premier" connections are just fine as well. Of course we all may have different opinions of what is "just fine".

One difference between Premier and non-Premier is the contention ratio. I think the Premier is 10-to-1 and non-Premier is 40-to-1.

This doesn't necessarily mean a difference in performance. Sometimes there are not (yet) 40 users sharing the bandwidth. Very rarely are all users online at the same time. But, in a bad case scenario you might be sharing a connection with 20 or 30 torrent-downloaders and gamers. At least with Premier, the maximum is 10. ;)

You probably have what they call a "premier" connection. This is supposed to be faster on international connections, though I have my doubts. Too many people reports that the standard "non premier" connections are just fine as well. Of course we all may have different opinions of what is "just fine".

One difference between Premier and non-Premier is the contention ratio. I think the Premier is 10-to-1 and non-Premier is 40-to-1.

This doesn't necessarily mean a difference in performance. Sometimes there are not (yet) 40 users sharing the bandwidth. Very rarely are all users online at the same time. But, in a bad case scenario you might be sharing a connection with 20 or 30 torrent-downloaders and gamers. At least with Premier, the maximum is 10. ;)

I don't believe it is as bad as 40. Maybe in the 20, 30 range from memory (what they told me).

I'm one of the sad customers hoping my slow 3Mb/1Mb Premier connection is serving me better than a cheaper, faster standard connection. If I tried to change to a standard connection at a cheaper price to test it out and it didn't prove adequate, a new Premier connection would cost 2500 a month (5Mb/1Mb) and I would no longer have the option of the 3Mb/1Mb Premier connection for 1066 per month.

I'm having it transferred to my new address as we speak. 3 days and counting, waiting for their technician to call. I was told "no more than one week".

I've been offered 325m free cable from their nearest junction and have to pay 15 baht/m for anything over that. I have no idea how much extra I will have to pay, if anything but they don't give me that information until I make the transfer application and pay the 1600 transfer fee and only after the technician comes to visit....then I have to pay for the line to be run into my rental townhouse as they don't use TOT lines nowadays.

Edited by tropo

I'm one of the sad customers hoping my slow 3Mb/1Mb Premier connection is serving me better than a cheaper, faster standard connection. If I tried to change to a standard connection at a cheaper price to test it out and it didn't prove adequate, a new Premier connection would cost 2500 a month (5Mb/1Mb) and I would no longer have the option of the 3Mb/1Mb Premier connection for 1066 per month.

I was in exactly the same situation, but hearing from many people that the standard seems to be just fine I took the jump yesterday and switched to standard 8/1M @ 888 baht/month. The premier 3/1M is 1166 btw, plus vat.

I changed to the new login/password in my router already but the connection speed hasn't changed yet, so I think I have the worst of both worlds at this time (standard contention, slow premier connection speed) but so far I don't feel any difference.

I'll let you know what happens when they update the connection speed. Already called the helpdesk yesterday. They're supposedly looking into it and will call me back. :blink:

I was in exactly the same situation, but hearing from many people that the standard seems to be just fine I took the jump yesterday and switched to standard 8/1M @ 888 baht/month. The premier 3/1M is 1166 btw, plus vat.

I changed to the new login/password in my router already but the connection speed hasn't changed yet, so I think I have the worst of both worlds at this time (standard contention, slow premier connection speed) but so far I don't feel any difference.

I'll let you know what happens when they update the connection speed. Already called the helpdesk yesterday. They're supposedly looking into it and will call me back. :blink:

Good luck with that. Hopefully I'll be back on the 3Mb/1Mb at my new place soon. We can compare notes on this. I've always just stayed on the premier service as reliability is more important than outright speed for me and I didn't want to trade reliability for speed. I have the TOT 6Mb/512 connected right now. Sometimes very fast and sometimes very slow. I also have Sophon Broadband premier 2Mb/1Mb flowing through my TV cables. I'll have to decide which one or ones to keep.

I tried to upgrade my TOT to 8Mb/1Mb (890 baht), but they told me they cannot and they would call me when they could. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that call.

Actually, my bill is 1166.30 including VAT.

Edited by tropo

I'm another one on the 3MB/1Mb Premier facing the same dilemma so I will watch this space with interest. My browsing speeds seem to be deteriorating recently with some pages taking an age to load although downloads have been fine.

I'm also in Pattaya on the Premier 3Mb/1Mb plan wondering how it compares with the much cheaper non-Premier plans, so do let us know!

I'm also renting a place in Hua Hin for six months, and wondering if they will transfer my grandfathered 3Mb/1Mb plan over there, or if I should just keep paying for it in Pattaya while I'm gone, just to preserve it.