Silver Jewellery

eek

My brothers friend would like some jewelery pieces sent over as he wishes to make his own silver jewelery. He may be interested also in some pre-made pieces.

Does anyone know of the best supply shops for this (good selection and best prices)?

Thanks!

:)

Not sure exactly what you're asking here, Eek. Your brother would like you to send him some samples back in old _____ ? And/ or he also wants to be able to knock off some of his own ideas out here ? And/or buy some premade stuff at decent prices ? Please clarify.

Alot of the things you'll find on Wuwalai are coming from either factories in Lampang or BKK, and are of decent quality at pretty good prices - bearing with recent hikes in the price f silver. There's one shop on the left of Wuwalai whose name I'll have to track down for you. And for maybe some export ideas of cool pendants, beads, and chains, go check out Sherry Silver on the left side of Loi Kroh as well. It's fairly close to the girlie bar area and Chez Marco. Maybe right in between - not sure, as I just know it n go without having to think. Either way the Sherry sign is big and easy to spot.

thanks rtd!

Its my brothers friend. I cant really clarify sadly, as that is as much as i know myself. He just wants a rough idea how much pre-made prices are as well as individual parts (clasps, links, etc). After i let him know whats available and at approx what cost, then he will make a decision.

Will take a look down Wuwalai and Loi Kroh. :)

thanks rtd!

Its my brothers friend. I cant really clarify sadly, as that is as much as i know myself. He just wants a rough idea how much pre-made prices are as well as individual parts (clasps, links, etc). After i let him know whats available and at approx what cost, then he will make a decision.

Will take a look down Wuwalai and Loi Kroh. :)

What country is your brother's friend planning on making, and presumably, subsequently, selling these silver jewellery pieces in??? The reason I ask this is--if it's in UK he will most likely need the 'findings', [as the clasps, jump rings etc.. are called ] to be of Sterling silver quality in order to be legally entitled to sell the pieces as 'Silver'--unless he calls them 'Indian silver', or 'Thai silver' etc.. anyway, these Sterling silver catches, clasps, jump rings and so on are all readily available from trade suppliers in UK--and are usually sold at not much more than silver weight price--or, at least when I was a jeweller, about 30 years ago, that was the case.

After all that he probably doesn't live in UK--eh?

Hi eek,

Not really clear about what you're looking for but here's a quick list of places where I have had good experiences buying silver jewellery:

Pond Silver, 93/6-7 Wualai Road (LHS heading towards Hang Dong) - 053 203065, 081 697 5842

Thongyon Silverware, 122/1-2 Wualai Road - 053 202796/201192

Sherry Silver, 59/2-4 Loi Kroa Road - 053 273529

As mentioned before, much of the silver sold in Chiang Mai is manufactured elsewhere in the country. Yoo Lim in Bangkok is one manufacturer/wholesaler/exporter with whom I've also had good experiences, if memory serves the minimum order value at Yoo Lim is USD 1,000 so don't make the trip if you only want a few samples!

Yoo Lim, 1169 Charoenkrung Road - 02 234 8971-5 - it's opposite the Post Office and close to Kho San Road.

If you do decide to visit Yoo Lim PM me first for some more direct contact details.

JxP