Why Do Thai's Pick An Ugly Miss Thailand?

NiceFarang

The Miss Universe contest is not all about good looks. They need to walk, think and talk well.

If chosen as Miss Universe, she will take on ambassador type duties, travelling the world, representing Thailand and various charities etc. It is a great honour.

Anyway....turn the light out and they all look the same.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A topic like this sure brings out the best from you boys!!

I suppose you don't know the rules of the contest to win; they are:

1. you have to be the daughter of a rich/connected person

2. you have to <deleted> like a rabbit with at least 70% of the judges

3. you have to be extremely beautiful

4. you have to have no shame

pick any two of those together, and you could be a winner

And I am a stumpy Isaan girl, so watch out you don't get your butt kicked :o

pick any two of those together, and you could be a winner

And I am a stumpy Isaan girl, so watch out you don't get your butt kicked :o

you sound jealous :D

I get worked up with Thai people who think that Western is good, lew kung better, white skin better etc etc...

Chok Dee.

Perhaps someone Thai, or who had been to/lived in Thailand prior to the past twenty years, could comment on this, but I had always been under the impression that lighter skin was favoured long before Westerners began to visit/work in the LOS in decent numbers (and therefore had greater presence/potential impact). There's some old saying about beauty being associated with Indian eyes and Burmese skin. The fascination with luk krueng is definitely a more recent trend, though.

Also, just curious to see what members of this forum would regard as a "Thai look." It's probably a gross generalization, but to me people from each of the four regions have their own distinct look. Is it the northern Thai, with roots in Sipsongpanna in southwestern China? Is it Mon/Khmer Issan? Is it southern Thai, with Malay influence? Is it central Thai, with some elements of each and the ethnic Chinese (mainly from coastal southeastern China) thrown into the mix?

QUOTE(SiamOne @ 2005-09-15 07:11:02)

"

......."

I think you forgot one requirement on the list.....she must be able to refrain from picking her nose in public....that eliminates about 80% of the population.

Edited by chownah

The first photo near the front of the topic on page 1 is Miss Thailand- the one with the big extending chin and looking like kathoey. I think some people may think some photos later in the topic are Miss Thailand and that would be misleading as the person in those photos looks narak/suai- But I think they may actually be of a ladyboy! Just seems that some people may be saying that Miss Thailand is a great looker but they may be referring to the wrong person/photo.

Obviously it is in the eye of the beholder so one cannot state that someone elses opinion is wrong- There are many beautiful women who do not attract me but I can still appreciate their beauty.

However this Miss Thailand is so poor that it really amazes me- A really ugly chin, ugly nose, strange shape face and horrible hands!

It is hardly surprising that she has failed to make a success as a model (although many models can be strikingly ugly whilst having something enchanting or alluring).

As someone else says I am sure she is a wonderful person, if anyone going into these type of contests can be. I suspect they end up completely vain, neurotic and narrow minded.

Well never mind.

C'est la vie

But from  i read in TH  forum 80% of them said , Miss TH world look ugly and  look like  Katheoy  ..for me i have  no idea

If you are talking about Pantip Forum, no one ever says good things about Miss TH World/Universe anyway :o. Remember what happened with Miss TH Universe?

I laught at those that think she is not pretty. Ok, maybe you are saying this for the title only; but still she is pretty.

I can agree though that you can find many good looking girls in a lot of places. Many do not think they are pretty or have the funds to support them in a contest.

My gf particapted in a Issan contest 1 month ago and won. I just got the pictures. She said there weren't many pretty girls there; but I disagree- plenty of decent lookers; but, my honey was #1. When she lays that smile on you, :D:o how coulld the judges see it differently?

this is a massive conspiracy...funded by farangs.....

Despatch an average looking Thai lass to the miss world contest and who will want to visit Thailand after the viewing her!

Now keep the corkers in their uni uniforms and the office girls in their sassy skirts and fluffy girly tops, for the boys who live in the LoS...

nice one :o

ps..

she's tall for a Thai chick.

the one far left for my wife and the second one in from the right for my mia noi....

what do you think?

I have lew kung children and I love them and think they are cute as ###### cause they are my kids Thais think they are suai & narak mak mak mak mak and to be honest I see 100's of Thai kids that are more cute.

I've been wondering that too. Always when my girlfriend sees farang children, she keeps on telling me how suai & narak them are no matter how ugly the child happens to be. Maybe she's only too polite.

It really amazes and astounds me who they pick as winners of Miss Thailand.

The one I saw on TV tonight is just plain ugly.

Killai Mak ching ching.

They seem to want to pick a girl who has western type features - big nose with bridge etc.. The one just won also has a chin that sticks out like Jimmy Hill (if your from UK you will know who I mean).

I get worked up with Thai people who think that Western is good, lew kung better, white skin better etc etc...

I have lew kung children and I love them and think they are cute as ###### cause they are my kids Thais think they are suai & narak mak mak mak mak and to be honest I see 100's of Thai kids that are more cute.

I watched the Miss Thailand with my wife and got so worked up at the end and I said I got to go and write about this on a forum.

Be interesting to hear other opinions.

Chok Dee.

OK! I tired of the crying here on the forum. Here is your alternative!! MissPhuket.jpgdreamgirl

Well..i am surprising myself by saying this....

Miss Tiffany (Treechada Petcharat, originaly a boy!!!!) is way more beautiful than the current Miss Thailand World (Aschara McCline)

And more to the point..putting them side by side i would actually have picked Aschara McCline as the Kathoy!!!!

That said...its not only Thailand among the Asian countries who seems to choose misses based on internal preferances rather than taking into consideration the views and tastes of the rest of the world.

Edited by toyicebear

I felt sorry for the 2nd runner up who was actually Thai. She seemed embarrassed as she couldn't speak good English, why should she?
Er.. maybe it's because Miss Thailand will be entered into the Miss Universe (or is it Miss World?) competition where the interview section is conducted in..wait for it.. English.

Dear Er,

Excellent analysis. I think you are right. Nice observation.

Yours sincerely, Mr. Farang