Dbs Pipes.

I'm sure many on here have either had or known someone who's had a DBS pipe. From what I pick up they're generally known as about the best of the cheap Thai brands. With generally good build quality.

Price for the 250cc bikes are certainly 'affordable'. The triangular 'carbon fibre' is a very nice copy of a more expensive Jap brand at only 6,500thb.

5_616_46c2f472fb18bf2.jpg

5_616_5b3d59c543b1471.jpg

Biggest concerns for me would be loudness - low grumble, good, granny-frightener, not good. And build quality, how long it will last before rivits start popping out, seals start unsealing etc etc.

Anyone here been running a DBS pipe for a few years and can comment?

http://www.grim-dbs.com/tdbs2.asp

Edited by appropriate

You should be aware that the 6500 is for the slip-on which is for the Ninja, if you buy it for the CBR it won't fit and he won't finish the full-system for another few weeks as he has a big 2-stroke European order to finish before he starts his CBR work again.

And 6500 ($200+) isn't really cheap, you are paying for good quality but with no import taxes. Sure, in a few months you'll be able to get an Arrow, 2bros or Akrapovic for 20,000+ but will there really be much difference apart from the price-tag?

Another option is a small manaufacturer who makes to order, does most of his advertising etc through facebook https://www.facebook.com/praram2bikes?ref=ts

I bought one last week, looks and sounds great. He forgot to send the baffle but I like it without so glad he didn't :)

skybluestu could you please check on your exhaust if there is any air coming out at the connection of the under pipe and the silencer? Cause i also have an aftermarket silencer and there is some air coming out if i check by hand at those areas. Just want to know if thats normal or not. Thanks

I won't be buying for quite a while as I want a airfilter/powercommander to go with it. But interested mainly in the build quality from people who have had them for a few years without any worries.

Believe the muffler and downpipe (once produced) will sell for 9,000thb, the same as the ninja (despite being a single).

Edited by appropriate

skybluestu could you please check on your exhaust if there is any air coming out at the connection of the under pipe and the silencer? Cause i also have an aftermarket silencer and there is some air coming out if i check by hand at those areas. Just want to know if thats normal or not. Thanks

Yes, there is a tiny bit but that's normal apparently, the Honda mechanic that fitted it even showed me a small hole on the stock CBR exhaust which allows some fumes to escape when I queried it, nothing to worry about. The stock one sounded pathetic (and is very heavy) and I think Honda must have known that an aftermarket pipe would be top of owner's shopping lists as they've put the lambda bung for the O2 sensor in a very clever place. Sounds loads better, everyone and every dog can here me coming, and pulls away much more freely.